hit 4000 cals today

So, today I crossed the 4000 cal mark, I'm trying to make a massive weight shift but obviously not trying to put on fat. At the moment I'm working out three days a week on all the major muscle groups trying to increase my muscle growth and strength in every direction. I also Bicycle 3km most days but its all flat and I dont pelt it.

I was wondering if eating this much could be over doing it and I would put on fat weight? I eat very little fat and am a vegetarian plus skinny as *kitten* (true ectomorph).

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Depends how much above your TDEE 4000 actually is. The amount of fat in your diet has very little baring on it.

You should really try to determine your maintenance calories, it takes out some of the guesswork.

You really want to shoot for 400/500 surplus to get optimum muscle gain (you're going to gain fat too, that's unavoidable). With all the cycling it probably sounds about right. See how the weight gain goes, if you're not gaining 1 lb or so a week then up the calories (and reverse obvs if you're gaining too fast).

Is this a recent thing? Going from deficit to surplus? If so, don't panic if you have a big gain the first week - glycogen stores replenishing.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    I would actually say 1lb per week it a little too much, try to shoot for about .5 to .75lbs for even less fat gain, the average man can only gain about 2-3lbs of muscle per week, not counting steriods
  • I would actually say 1lb per week it a little too much, try to shoot for about .5 to .75lbs for even less fat gain, the average man can only gain about 2-3lbs of muscle per week, not counting steriods

Did you mean 2-3lbs a month?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    I would actually say 1lb per week it a little too much, try to shoot for about .5 to .75lbs for even less fat gain, the average man can only gain about 2-3lbs of muscle per week, not counting steriods

2-3 lbs of muscle per week? BRB adding 150 lbs of muscle per year
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    edited October 2014
    OH HOW I WISH I COULD ADD 2 - 3 lbs of muscle a week...... :D
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    OH HOW I WISH I COULD ADD 2 - 3 lbs of muscle a week...... :D

I was thinking the same thing. Bulk for a month and have some sick gains!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he meant per month and that's a typo. That poster is pretty terrible with advice but on that post I know what he meant. I read it 2x myself to make sure.

But I want to believe it is possible!
  • MityMax96

I'm pretty sure he meant per month and that's a typo. That poster is pretty terrible with advice but on that post I know what he meant. I read it 2x myself to make sure.

SO DO I!!!!!!!!
    Please make it so :D:D:D
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

hell, while we are at it I want to believe in santa clause too ...
  • MityMax96
    ndj1979 wrote: »

hell, while we are at it I want to believe in santa clause too ...

Screw Santa....we want Dem Gainzzzz :D
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    What do you weigh now? Hitting 4000 at very little fat...must be pounding some rice or potatoes...
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member

Lol!

• 2014myyear
    2014myyear Posts: 60 Member
    40000!!!! what do you eat!