5:2 Fast Day Menu

alsunrise
alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
So, I've been away for awhile and came back to find my favorite group and thread gone. At my old group, we would always post successful fast day menus, so that we were sharing different ideas and meal plans with each other.
Hopefully you guys will enjoy doing the same here. Please post an examples of your 500 day plan below please!!
Thanks!

Replies

• EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    I stick to pretty much the same thing every FD:

Mid morning snack: Sugarfree energy drink (I know, it'll kill me) - 10 cals
    Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs or small baked potato with lite sour cream - 150 cals
    Afternoon snack: Atkins snack bar or candies - 110 cals
    Dinner: soup or roast pumpkin with lite sour cream - 150 cals
    Dessert (yes, dessert) - ice cream/wafer sandwich - 95 cals

Max total of 515 cals...and plenty of food!
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Mine is pretty much the same always. I find it easy to stick with something simple. I don't have a sweet tooth and I also like low carb. Protein is the key for me.

Lunch is an orange, 1 hardboiled egg and 5 cherry tomatoes. 158 calories

Dinner is steamed fish (Birds Eye with a sauce) and steamed vegetables with 1 tsp of garlic olive oil on the veg. 221 calories.
    On the second fast day I substitute eye fillet steak about 125 to 150 grams.

A few coffees with a small amount of non fat milk. Usually adds up to about 40 calories.

Fish days are 449 calories, steak days with a small amount of spicy red sauce takes it up to 500.
  • flissy5
    flissy5 Posts: 62 Member
    My last fast day.

Nak'd bar and black coffee - 102 calories
    Scrambled eggs (3 medium eggs) with wholemeal toast - 270 calories.
    Steamed Broccoli (100 - 150g) with garlic and chilli and a teaspoon of olive oil - usually around 90 calories - with added bacon takes it to around 150 calories.
    Total - 522 cals

Today's FD has started with

2 Fruit shortcakes (66cals) and a black coffee (2 cals).
    Porridge (45g oats) with PnB (8g) and honey (1 teaspoon) - made with water (i'm lactose intolerant) - 241 calories
    Broccoli and mushroom stirfry for tea I think - which will probably be around 200 calories
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Todays menu

Carrot sticks with black olive hummus - 120

Egg whites with hot sauce 100

Chicken tortilla soup (minus tortillas, lol) 250

Plain popcorn 25

• holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Monday's Menu was 4oz chicken breast and some whole wheat pasta for dinner. 634 Calories
    Today's menu will be 1 cup black beans 4 cups green beans 1 protein shake with 1% milk. 547 calories
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    bumping
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    This week's FD menus:

Day 1 - miso soup for lunch, mushroom and spinach fritatta for dinner. Snacks of cheese string and Options hot choc
    - Day 2 - miso soup with boiled egg for lunch, cucumber and celery to dip, dinner was tuna and tomato stuffed portabello mushrooms. Snack of 10 cal jelly and Oxo cube
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Tomorrow's fast will have veg frittata, spinach mushrooms onion and red pepper baked with 2 eggs, 180 but sometimes have half, psyllium husk for fibre, vitamins
    Chicken salad and lite dressing 100g chicken 180 again, 200 ml skimmed milk for 70 cals and an apple 70. Sometimes 30g porridge oats as like to go to bed full.
  • ritchiehl
    ritchiehl Posts: 64 Member
    Here's a good one! I love a crock pot recipe any time of year too. This link says 272 calories but when I put it in MFP it says 205. Check it out!
    http://www.theskinnyfork.com/blog/2013/2/25/crock-pot-guinness-french-onion-soup
  • Jmatacz
    Jmatacz Posts: 14 Member
    Today I had a black coffee ~350ml (French pressed at home) on my way in to work; skim flat white ~350ml around 10am (work meeting), green tea in the afternoon with loads of water; Forking Foodie 5:2 recipe for mushroom stroganoff with cauliflower rice. Feeling very full and contents at 420cal.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Breakfast
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 3 cup
    Egg - Boiled Whole Egg, 2 egg
    Splenda Sweetener Packet - Sweetener, 1 packet

Lunch

Marketplace - Tri Colored Cole Slaw Mix, 1 cups
    Cabot - Greek Yogurt Plain, 0.25 Cup
    Generic - Dill Pickle Juice1 tablespoon
    Mt. Olive - Pickles
    Kraft - Sharp Cheddar Cheese Block, 0.5 oz
    Generic - Grapefruit, Fresh, 1/2 grapefruit

Dinner
    Cabot - Greek Yogurt Plain, 0.13 Cup
    Palak Shorba (Indian Spinach Soup), 2 serving(s)

Calories for the day come in @ 498.
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Mine's been pretty boring so far, but also, it's worked so far:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with a dash of skim milk

Mid-afternoon:
    Some kind of protein: so far, salmon or ham
    Spicy v8

Dinner:
    Chicken (in various ways)
    Broccoli or asparagus
    Rice or potato

Dessert:
    Custard or hot chocolate
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    edited February 2015
    Week 3 and I find I'm repeating FD menus, I have my "go to" breakfast but being very busy most of the time I struggle to come up with anything new for the remainder of the day, especially as I need a "portable" lunch for work.

So today is FD #5 and it will be:
    Breakfast:
    0% Greek yog with red berries
    Tea with skimmed milk

Lunch:
    Prawn salad (salad leaves, celery, grapes, prawns, fat free fromage frais)

Dinner:
    Hearty vegetable soup (from BBC Good Food recipe)

Snack: small tangerine, max 2 x tea with skimmed milk

All washed down with multiple cups of green tea and plain water, should come in at <500 cals.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    On FDs I always skip breakfast and have miso soup for lunch. This week's dinners will be:

Dinner 1 - sort of Russian salad. Roast beetroot, hard boiled egg, small portion of mozarella, couple of chopped anchovies, and Greek yoghurt/ lemon juice/ black pepper as a dressing. Slice or 2 of parma ham if I feel I need it.
    Dinner 2 - prawn strifry with zero noodles, bell peppers and mushrooms.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Lunch today: 130g cod filet with lemon curry spice, stir fried spring onion with a bell pepper. Yummy.

Dinner today: Leftover very chunky spaghetti sauce (ground chicken / coco beans / carrot / bell pepper / tomato) Could go through as a chili with italian herbs in it.

Evening Snack: Skyr with some chia seeds and cinnamon
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    poorly planned FD:

plain coffee
    pecans
    1/2 oz cheddar cheese
    pretzels
    yogurt
    two bowls of Indian Spinach soup

<500 cals
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    My fast Days are always pretty much the same because I'm happy with it.
    Breakfast: 16oz glass of hot water with lemon juice.
    Lunch: Mug of tomato soup which I make from a pack of tomato passata mixed with a tin of lentil & bacon soup (Baxters) divide into three portions comes out at around 90 cals a portion.
    Supper: Pack of Lidl Crayfish Tails (125gms) with small drizle of low fat seafood sauce & balsamic vinegar.
    I allow 300mls of semi skimmed milk for tea during day but rarely use it all as have black coffee. Days Calories 428 approx as sometimes I have a couple of seafood sticks in evening if desperate.
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    This is my plan for today:

Breakfast: 1 small fuji apple
    Snack/Lunch 1: Half a cucumber with a tbs or two of hummus
    Snack/Lunch 2: Green smoothie with banana, mango and spinach
    Dinner: egg white scramble (egg whites, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes)

Lots of water.
  • rightgal
    rightgal Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2015
    My typical fast day menu--

BF-cottage cheese with a few berries
    Coffee with Skim Plus milk

Lunch--Morningstar veggie burger with salad

Dinner--chicken cutlet & steamed veggies

Snack - red Delicious apple which I graze on throughout the day.

Sometimes I go over 500 calories but it's ok as long as I'm below 600.

Joan
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Fast day today will be: 2 small cups of black coffee, herbal tea and water throughout the day. Dinner will be chicken breast stuffed with goats cheese with walnuts, wrapped in cured ham (Bayonne, Parma etc) and baked in the oven on a bed of sliced onions and red pepper, probably served with a small portion of brown rice.