Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    I finally used my Bento yesterday and forgot to take a picture! Grrrrr!

I wanted to share a video I found that I love and as a result I've been watching a lot of videos from their channel - some great cooking tips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_hbPLsZvvo
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    mrron2u wrote: »

I wanted to share a video I found that I love and as a result I've been watching a lot of videos from their channel - some great cooking tips!

Thanks for sharing! I don't know how she didn't cut her fingers off slicing that carrot up :astonished:
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member

Thanks for sharing! I don't know how she didn't cut her fingers off slicing that carrot up :astonished:

Skillz. Mad skillz :wink:

It looks awesome but I so don't have the patience to prep that many different items for one box. Leftovers are the bomb!

(sorry, I'll stop with the 90s slang now :smiley: )

No bento for me today, I be sick :(
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    ggwbcs6ukcfg.jpg

No Bento today but Ramen with leftover veggies ;)
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2015
    Finally went grocery shopping!
    Breakfast - egg in turkey slice, spinach, apples, strawberries, vanilla protein powder + yogurt + cocoa powder (300 cal)
    Lunch: chicken ranch wraps, cucumber dill salad, mini quiche, hummus + carrots, crackers + laughing cow (not pictured) (418 cal)

af1vzd16gtm3.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    sagj wrote: »

Skillz. Mad skillz :wink:

It looks awesome but I so don't have the patience to prep that many different items for one box. Leftovers are the bomb!

(sorry, I'll stop with the 90s slang now :smiley: )

No bento for me today, I be sick :(

Sorry, I only understand '80s slang. :sunglasses:

Fingers crossed for bento tomorrow!! I have meat thawed to give a go at at least something...
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    I haven't had the energy to cook anything this week, but I have better hopes for next week. And my egg moulds have come, so I want to make bunny shaped eggs :)
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    24f9p4g.jpg

I haven't been posting any pictures of my bentos lately but I have had one every day for the last month+! These things are awesome...

I have been attempting tamagoyaki so I have half of one of those today, brown rice with a light butter sauce and broccoli/cauliflower, grilled chicken with a bacon sauce, granola and fruit clusters, grapes and some asiago wheat crackers. Not the prettiest but we are running low on food!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    No bento for me but I'm brining these cakes in to work. One of my coworkers put in her notice a couple of weeks ago, so today is sadly her last day. So, I made cake and the square one is for her to take home to share with her kids. It's from a box mix, strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. The small one has brownie batter bites on it and the other has mangled up bits of chocolate.

dr2jyd468qij.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_hbPLsZvvo

Cooking with dog! I love that channel. Francis is a great host
  • mangrothian
    edited August 2015
    Wth, I wrote a whole post because it cut off half of my last one and mfp didnt post any of it at all. It just posted a blank post instead *facepalm*
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited August 2015
    Wth, I wrote a whole post because it cut off half of my last one and mfp didnt post any of it at all. It just posted a blank post instead *facepalm*

Emojis. The wall hates emojis. It did it to me too a few times and I think it was the emojis breaking the site coding.

Edit to add:
    The emoticons are fine and the MFP HTML "emojis" (the smiley options on the top bar when posting) are okay but real emojis (like Apple and Android use) are what I'm referring to, btw. They seem to be fine other places on the site but on these boards they go nuts sometimes.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Guys, I love seeing all your pretty meals! I don't bento myself because I'm eating at home. But I wanted to share with you these amazing plates, courtesy of the DC Comics Super Hero Café in Malayasia. Check out the Batman Burger!

batman-burger-600x600.jpg

they're so pretty!

batman-burgers.jpg

a0d6bb87205714e8c36d2097da2ca58f_sq.jpg

Lots of choices here! (do they all come with free toys?)

acf46edeaa3d07ea1a33a6d8d1c9967f_sq.jpg

%E5%85%A8%E7%90%83%E9%A6%96%E9%96%93-Super-Heroes-johor4.jpg

How about a Green Lantern Latte?

dccomics-cafe-food6.jpg?resize=193%2C257

No! A Superman Latte!

Superhero_Cafe-599x300.jpg

You can even get pancakes!

malaysia_dc_comics_cafe.jpg

OMG I want to eat them ALL! ;D
  • mangrothian
    I almost forgot to post it; my owl box finally arrived yesterday! I packed lunch for today and it was way too much food, but that's not surprising since its 60% bigger than my regular ones
    s4fargbyozy6.jpg

Emojis. The wall hates emojis. It did it to me too a few times and I think it was the emojis breaking the site coding.

Edit to add:
    The emoticons are fine and the MFP HTML "emojis" (the smiley options on the top bar when posting) are okay but real emojis (like Apple and Android use) are what I'm referring to, btw. They seem to be fine other places on the site but on these boards they go nuts sometimes.

Hmm I had one in the first post but pretty sure that I didn't in the second one. Maybe one of my horrible typos was an emoji shortcut.
  • SpecialKitty7
    I almost forgot to post it; my owl box finally arrived yesterday! I packed lunch for today and it was way too much food, but that's not surprising since its 60% bigger than my regular ones
    s4fargbyozy6.jpg

Edit to add:

Hmm I had one in the first post but pretty sure that I didn't in the second one. Maybe one of my horrible typos was an emoji shortcut.

I didn't realize the owls were that big, I didn't order one because it looked too tiny for my skills. I have a bento for today, but woke up with a migraine, so I will probably eat and post it tomorrow.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    mmm hero latte, sounds like a great treat after the Hero Up 5k I'm doing on September 5th. Though I'm trying to get together an outfit that's like "Huntress" from Birds of Prey. My sister suggested it and black/purple seems easy enough costume wise.

I haz bento today. Ate the same thing for lunch too cause it wouldn't have fit in the bento if I used all the food. Even with the mochi it's just under 500 calories. Though I may need to have a protein shake at some point because I lifted today and have freight, so need to reach my protein goals today. Dinner is tofu with sauce (i forgot which one, it was from a pack so the tofu was in cubes already), with some broccoli, carrots, zucchini cooked in a little olive oil, microwave rice and two mango mochi.

76xw5q5y4x8k.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    More chicken, veggies, rice, and salad for me. I need to prep more food over the weekends.
    And I need to buy mushrooms b/c look at how sad my salad is! T^T
    ca40sais4vmc.jpg
  • mangrothian
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    mmm hero latte, sounds like a great treat after the Hero Up 5k I'm doing on September 5th. Though I'm trying to get together an outfit that's like "Huntress" from Birds of Prey. My sister suggested it and black/purple seems easy enough costume wise.

I haz bento today. Ate the same thing for lunch too cause it wouldn't have fit in the bento if I used all the food. Even with the mochi it's just under 500 calories. Though I may need to have a protein shake at some point because I lifted today and have freight, so need to reach my protein goals today. Dinner is tofu with sauce (i forgot which one, it was from a pack so the tofu was in cubes already), with some broccoli, carrots, zucchini cooked in a little olive oil, microwave rice and two mango mochi.
    I haven't had a mochi in ages. Makes me want to go out and buy some >.<
    More chicken, veggies, rice, and salad for me. I need to prep more food over the weekends.
    And I need to buy mushrooms b/c look at how sad my salad is! T^T
    I never put mushrooms in my salad, so to me yours looks absolutely normal *shrug*

6sjcngqnk4mf.jpg
    soba noodles with an instant miso packet for sauce, chicken katsu and my normal veg. I didn't fill up the box so stuff couldn't move, so my at-work picture doesn't show how pretty it was when I packed it :(
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    tx68l8q1e9fe.jpg

Pork, rice, egg, carrot, broccoli and mini roma tomatoes, yummy! :smiley:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    I never put mushrooms in my salad, so to me yours looks absolutely normal *shrug*

But...but...MUSHROOMS!! D: