Unexpected results of weight loss

Replies

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    spamarie wrote: »
    I've had to sew the hems up by an inch or two on the bottoms of my trouser legs/long skirts because they hang off my hips more than before. I think I've salvaged the skirts but the trousers are starting to look silly now as the crotch hangs too low as well and my sewing isn't skilled enough to fix that.

If the clothing is worth the investment, a tailor can refit clothing down a size or two to your new weight. If you loose lots of weight, it may not be worth the investment. I have boxes of clothing in all sizes and have plenty that I want to sample wearing as I speed down to size 10.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    That my husband likes grabbing my butt through the waistband gap of the shorts that are getting too big to wear!

Haha sounds like mine. He also thinks it's hilarious to pants me because all my pants are so loose!
  • athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    That my boobs wouldn't shrink. Well, they *have*, but not as much as I'd like. I look too top-heavy now. However, my husband is quite happy. ;)

And that I'd become so preoccupied with my collarbones and ankle bones. I play with them every day! It's weird.
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Didn't realize how much room their is to be jerked around in the seat of a roller coaster or other fast moving amusement park ride. I have to hold on extra tight because the safety bar doesn't wedge me into the seat anymore. Oh and no more wheezing when I laugh. My daughter loves my boney shoulders. She says they fit perfectly in her palm when she puts her arm across the back of my shoulders. Love all these posts!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    athenawj wrote: »
    That my boobs wouldn't shrink. Well, they *have*, but not as much as I'd like. I look too top-heavy now.

^^ This! My gigantic boobs feel more giganticer because I've lost most of my weight from my lower body so far. I have lost some up top and I know it will come off eventually. But right now I feel like Wonder Woman!
  • jagpie42
    jagpie42 Posts: 43 Member
    I continually need to resize my bras. In fact I usually just wait until they are ridiculously too large or I would buy new bras every month. Yesterday a coworker brought me her daughter's pants...she is 12. That's years of age not size. The pants are 4, 6, and 8. I am currently training up to a half marathon in April. No one seems surprised but me. I also feel more graceful. I don't bump into random objects anymore.
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Random thing is that I can do up my seatbelt in one smooth move rather than yanking on it two or three times to get all the way around me :smile:
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    My mobile phone doesn't fit in my pocket any more. Smaller clothes have smaller pockets it seems.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Went to put my hand on my hip to stand a certain way. Found the fat on my hip missing so just had to stand up straight.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Lost friendships :/

Oh I know that one. ....hugs they just proved they aren't worthy.
  • chrisjonesy2k
    chrisjonesy2k Posts: 29 Member
    Someone turning around and saying they were more physically attracted too you when you was morbidly obese compared to now(did not see that one coming)
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    I honestly didn't think I'd be near my goal so fast. I honestly thought it would take until the end of the year for me to see the results I have now. I'm just over 60 days and have lost 28lbs. My goal was 30.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Love positivity of this thread! <3
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Passing people is SO much easier now I don't have a massive belly in the way....generally realised how narrow I am!
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Bump
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited September 2015
    lmaharidge wrote: »
    I honestly didn't think I'd be near my goal so fast. I honestly thought it would take until the end of the year for me to see the results I have now. I'm just over 60 days and have lost 28lbs. My goal was 30.
    ^This. I started mid-June, and I actually thought that it'd take at least one to five years to be anywhere near my goal because I assumed I'd make a lot of mistakes and that the weight would take forever to come off. As it turns out, I actually LOVE eating well and working out, and I plan treats so that I never need cheat days, and I now have a 75 cm waist (down from 89 cm), which is just 5 cm away from my goal of 70 cm. My youth is also a factor I guess, but I truly believe that my discipline is what has allowed the weight to just melt right off. If trends continue, I'll be at my goal before New Years. :smiley:
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    That I would enjoy the process. It feels so good to feel so good that the struggle is totally worth it.

I'm with ya on that one. Once I got past the first few weeks (a little headachy & fatigued), it didn't even feel like a struggle anymore. Dedication, yes ... commitment, yes ... forethought and planning, yes ... but not really a struggle. Totally enjoying the challenge and the results!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Someone turning around and saying they were more physically attracted too you when you was morbidly obese compared to now(did not see that one coming)

Hope it wasn't someone important in your life?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!