A story of Cookies, Mud, and Weights

Daiako
Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
I've been on MFP for almost 2 years now. I've written a few posts, made some friends, had some success, done some fun stuff, lifted some weights. and eaten a ton of cookies. Sometimes I like to share the things that this website, it's tools, and the people I've met have allowed me to do and the changes they've helped me make. So, here we are again.

My "Gee, I've gotten...big" moment

MPT0fXZ.jpg?1

Me, 165 pounds.

1lvLFMU.jpg

This is where I would start my MFP adventure. I met some great people who told me to lift weights, so I did. They told me to watch what I ate, stick to my goal, but to always eat what I enjoyed and never deprieve myself, so that's what I did and thus my simply philosophy of 'Cookies taste better than Skinny feels' was born. I would never allow myself to care more about some arbitrary number or jean size or whatever than I did about finding enjoyment in my life.

I loved lifting.

I loved cookies.

I loved the stronger, faster, leaner body that lifting and eating was building me. Time went on and the people I meet because real honest to goodness friends, people I care about and love. (Awwwww) Some I haven't ever met in real life (Because they live places like New York and it's cold there.) and some I have. This leads us to my first Tough Mudder. With my husband and some of my nearest and dearest MFP friends I tackled a tough mudder. It was hard. It sucked. I may have cried a little on the inside. But I did it. I have pictures to prove it.

zc79oite2f6j.jpg

This is a wall.

gnlpsaearlwv.jpg

Barbed wire.

0hy5w05p5bb3.jpg
2tar08bbugcg.jpg

Husband on a wall. He...looked that grumpy the whole time. Bless his heart.

npfzxcd25yub.jpg

Mud. Stinky sucking mud.

ubsajoj9m6cz.jpeg

This is my husband. He's about as heavy as he looks.

mmwt211fsmjg.jpeg

It's OVER! Thank god.

This was something I'd never imagined I'd ever be doing. 10+ miles, a bunch of obstacles, a ton of mud. But it felt good. I climbed robes, climbed walls, bumped and bruised some peices and parts...but it felt good. I stood at the end with my headband on and just...knew that I'd done something that the woman I was in 2013, when I was 165 pounds and not happy with myself, wouldn't have dreamed of.

I'd lifted, eaten, baked, and snarked my way to being a person I'd never thought I could be. I could look back on all I'd done and truly believe that everything I'd done had been right for me. No silly fads, no low calorie amounts, no cutting out foods I love, no activity I hate or general unhappiness. I picked up heavy things. I ate all the food. I got strong. I was happy. I'd told myself that cookies>skinny and then I stuck to that with no regrets.

Sappy, right? Right! So enough talk and what we're all really here for: pictures!

mvddl9uoj724.jpg
5xn9nsoode0y.jpg
gwmwfw3him6h.jpg
9q01l7s1cgyo.jpg
2icxtpojqabc.jpg

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    I didn't read anything you wrote, I was just MESMERIZED BY THAT HAIR! LOOK AT IT
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Damn!

You are amazing!
  • Dark_Roast
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    I didn't read anything you wrote, I was just MESMERIZED BY THAT HAIR! LOOK AT IT

I know, now I want to touch it!

• Daiako
    Dark_Roast wrote: »

NUUUUUU
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    edited January 2015

Pull a ringlet and watch it bounce back in to place. It's magical.
  • Dark_Roast
    Daiako wrote: »

NUUUUUU

*pat pat*

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

DON'T DO IT!!!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Excellent.

(Not just the hair, although the hair is pretty awesome, too.)

:flowerforyou:
  • Daiako
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

DON'T DO IT!!!

I've been known to bite.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Daiako wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

DON'T DO IT!!!

I've been known to bite.
    In

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    2vrvp4x.gif
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    I love your philosophy of eating cookies... because it just so happens that I also love to eat cookies!! :D You look amazing... congrats on your many accomplishments!!
  • Daiako
    edited January 2015
    or8l1z58vaug.jpg

z7fgm7bqx112.jpg

Two more pictures of the Mudder. A study in triumph and pain, lol.
    I love your philosophy of eating cookies... because it just so happens that I also love to eat cookies!! :D You look amazing... congrats on your many accomplishments!!

Tyvm
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    You look great!!! I remember seeing some of your progress photos when I first joined in Sept '14. Ya done good!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    edited January 2015

Me too! Please?!

Also, you amaze me. And not just for your hair.

Your derriere is great, too. <3

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    tumblr_mpw0seFEms1s8a3fyo1_500.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Also...I want to touch the hair too...but I value my life
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    tumblr_inline_mvro669SVd1rnmdgb.gif

tumblr_lpelurewNV1qi8rx4o1_500.gif
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    What if I like being bitten?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    YAAAAY!!! Look atcha! Just lookatcha!!! Very cool.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!