New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    kxhdxr5ds53z.jpg
    My father stopped by Walmart and brought these home. Just wanted to point out the serving size (unlike most foods which is 1/2 package) is for two Twinkies, even though they're individually wrapped. I guess Hostess knows you'll like them and assumes the average person can only eat a minimum of two per sitting I love that xD

Did you try the Tastykake Caramel Apple pie?

th?id=OIP.M19ec281f99c082b0d637ea58eab12b51o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

I tried one last week & it's good! Should've bought another.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    3fxdaq4ks1eh.jpg

Never had this company before today but I bought this when Shoprite had it on sale about a week or so ago. It's actually really, really good! Very comparable to Haagan Dazs sea salt caramel flavor gelato I've been addicted to (only it's a ton less calories and apparently better for you)! Really interested in trying their other flavors now, has anyone here tried any?

I've had the salted carmel, buttered pecan, and chocolate. I like them all. IMO much better than Artic Zero and better than Halo.

Better than Halo Top - SACRILEGE!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    3fxdaq4ks1eh.jpg

Never had this company before today but I bought this when Shoprite had it on sale about a week or so ago. It's actually really, really good! Very comparable to Haagan Dazs sea salt caramel flavor gelato I've been addicted to (only it's a ton less calories and apparently better for you)! Really interested in trying their other flavors now, has anyone here tried any?

I've had the salted carmel, buttered pecan, and chocolate. I like them all. IMO much better than Artic Zero and better than Halo.

Yeah and to be fair, you can't really compare 240 calories a pint with 800 calories a pint ice cream either, lol.

I wish Halo Top came in more flavors! Shop Rite only carries 4 (when they're in stock), 2 of which I don't care for. And yeah... $6 a pint. Sigh.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    3fxdaq4ks1eh.jpg

Yeah and to be fair, you can't really compare 240 calories a pint with 800 calories a pint ice cream either, lol.

I wish Halo Top came in more flavors! Shop Rite only carries 4 (when they're in stock), 2 of which I don't care for. And yeah... $6 a pint. Sigh.

I wish Giant would carry the Lemon Cake flavor. With how expensive it is I would rather buy a pint of Talenti or Gelato Fiasco.

Now the Coolhaus Sandwich I bought at Giant was ridiculously expensive, but I still remember Mr. talking about that brand in the ice cream/gelato forum. So far I've only bought the Snickerdoodle flavor & was it good! Of course the calories are for 1/2 an ice cream sandwhich. Who the heck is going to just eat one half of an ice cream sandwich? Not me!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    kxhdxr5ds53z.jpg
    My father stopped by Walmart and brought these home. Just wanted to point out the serving size (unlike most foods which is 1/2 package) is for two Twinkies, even though they're individually wrapped. I guess Hostess knows you'll like them and assumes the average person can only eat a minimum of two per sitting I love that xD

No but I saw it and debated it! Does it have chunks of apples or a puree? Normally I'm not a diced Apple person, and the only tastykake pie I've really been impressed with so far was the pumpkin pie so it would be hard not to get that one instead haha but pie crust isn't something I crave too often so I really don't have these that much.

@Francl27 , did you ever try that Icelandic yogurt from shoprite? I'm dying to know how it is!
  • MiamiSeoul
    3fxdaq4ks1eh.jpg

I wish Giant would carry the Lemon Cake flavor. With how expensive it is I would rather buy a pint of Talenti or Gelato Fiasco.

Now the Coolhaus Sandwich I bought at Giant was ridiculously expensive, but I still remember Mr. talking about that brand in the ice cream/gelato forum. So far I've only bought the Snickerdoodle flavor & was it good! Of course the calories are for 1/2 an ice cream sandwhich. Who the heck is going to just eat one half of an ice cream sandwich? Not me!

Yea! Since you mentioned it, I think it's total BS the labeling on food packaging. No one's going to eat half a protein bar or half a pack of ramen or a third of a slim pack of nuts. I know that a bill passed recently dealing with GMOs, but we also need some standards when it comes to food packaging. For example, all cereal should be labeled for 3/4 cup or 1 cup; canned soup should be for the can - who's splitting a can of soup? The list goes on and on - it's all kinds of trickery! Something can appear to be better than something else, until you read very carefully and see you're comparing apples to oranges!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Just tried, Hi I'm Skinny Quinoa Sticks. They taste just like Sun Chips to me.

I'll be happy when MFP figures out how to allow users to post pictures from their cell phones. I rarely sit at my desktop.

It usually works on mine, unless they've messed that up too (but only my own pictures I guess).

are you on an iphone or an andriod phone?

I'm on an iPhone and I can post pics.....
    There's simply a little camera icon near the text body box, I click that and my photo album pops up

• MiamiSeoul
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Just tried, Hi I'm Skinny Quinoa Sticks. They taste just like Sun Chips to me.

I'll be happy when MFP figures out how to allow users to post pictures from their cell phones. I rarely sit at my desktop.

It usually works on mine, unless they've messed that up too (but only my own pictures I guess).

are you on an iphone or an andriod phone?

I'm on an iPhone and I can post pics.....
    There's simply a little camera icon near the text body box, I click that and my photo album pops up

I don't have that on my Samsung Galaxy Note5 :(
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    3fxdaq4ks1eh.jpg

The Thrive Salted Carmel is 150/83 grams. 4 servings per pint so only 600 not 800
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Anyone ever try this ?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited September 2016
    p7b9ca8tjzyo.jpeg
    Anyone ever try this
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    kxhdxr5ds53z.jpg

No but I saw it and debated it! Does it have chunks of apples or a puree? Normally I'm not a diced Apple person, and the only tastykake pie I've really been impressed with so far was the pumpkin pie so it would be hard not to get that one instead haha but pie crust isn't something I crave too often so I really don't have these that much.

@Francl27 , did you ever try that Icelandic yogurt from shoprite? I'm dying to know how it is!

Yeah. I like Siggi better, at least the vanilla.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Omg twinkies are really getting on the pumpkin bandwagon....another flavor. I am tempted to try them all lol 29101487154_46bb19b4b4_z.jpg?resize=640%2C435&ssl=1
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    For the pumpkin people - Thomas has limited edition pumpkin spice bagels out. They smell heavenly. I think they have little dots of pumpkin in them and a swirl of pumpkin spice throughout.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    For the pumpkin people - Thomas has limited edition pumpkin spice bagels out. They smell heavenly. I think they have little dots of pumpkin in them and a swirl of pumpkin spice throughout.

I got them haha!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited September 2016
    3fxdaq4ks1eh.jpg

The Thrive Salted Carmel is 150/83 grams. 4 servings per pint so only 600 not 800

That's for the no sugar added salted caramel, I bought the regular version which has 200 calories per serving.

Today I tried a sample of these and they were really good! About 30 calories per bite so not terrible, as long as you don't eat too many which I would. >.>
    l18isf5awvav.jpg
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    3fxdaq4ks1eh.jpg

That's for the no sugar added salted caramel, I bought the regular version which has 200 calories per serving.

Today I tried a sample of these and they were really good! About 30 calories per bite so not terrible, as long as you don't eat too many which I would. >.>
    l18isf5awvav.jpg

for sure one of the things i wouldn't be able to stop eating yum!!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    3fxdaq4ks1eh.jpg

Thanks for that info....I didn't know they made a "regular" version. I'll have to make sure I stick with the no-sugar added.

• Noreenmarie1234

got em! I love the seasonal bagels :smile: