New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited October 2016
    I just picked 3 cartons of TJ''s pumpkin spice almond milk while in St. Louis this weekend, as well as the Pumpkin Pecan oatmeal, pumpkin spice body butter, and a few other things. I'm really excited since I only make it to Trader Joe's about once or twice a year! Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    I tried Lifeway Birthday Cake kefir. I like kefir, but this didn't really work. It just tastes like vanilla with some vague after taste like they were trying for more. But the actual Madagascar Vanilla is way tastier. I'd give this one a pass.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Anyone try the Nitro Crunch bars yet?
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member

They taste like candy bars! They're a little pricy for me, though, so I only indulge occasionally.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2016

I had the chocolate peanut butter and didn't like it at all. Filling, but bland and artificial with a strong whey taste. Reminded me of a gas station low quality protein bar unfortunately. Hoping the other flavors I got will be better :/
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Okay. It's not a new product, but I found this recipe for making coffee concentrate at home - http://www.kitchentreaty.com/how-to-make-cold-brewed-iced-coffee-concentrate/

I used New England Coffee in the cinnamon hazelnut flavor and made it. Then, I mixed a half cup of my concentrate with one of my vanilla maple Powerful Yogurt drinks. So good! I bet it would be great in a protein shake in the morning.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Tried another one of Walnen Farms products. The chocolate syrup is actually VERY VERY good. This one is a keeper. Went so good with my crepes this weekend on coconut whipped cream. Actually tastes no different than the Hershey stuff.

I'm soo excited! I just got a bottle of the stuff this weekend and haven't dived in yet. I need to get some halo top to add it too!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Not new, but new to me:

g0qf57hlf4a6.jpg

You can't get this in the US (not even on Amazon!), but a coworker brought some back from Ghana. It's dry--it doesn't melt in your mouth like other chocolates--but I really, really liked it! If anyone ever offers you a bar, do indulge. :smile:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I just picked up an Oh yeah one birthday cake protein bar...but it was almost $4.
    I need to find much cheaper sources. :/
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I just picked up an Oh yeah one birthday cake protein bar...but it was almost $4.
    I need to find much cheaper sources. :/

Have you checked out netrition.com? I usually use them to buy most of my bars. Usually the best price I can find.
  • rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    jnmrie wrote: »
    ixedek3aw9tv.jpg

I <3 Noosa. Honestly the 8 oz tubs are perfect. I tend to crave yogurt a lot and when I am not feeling greek I go right for Noosa. My favorite has got to be the lemon flavor. So tart.

YASSSSS!! Lemon and coconut are my favs!!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    on7celxpz2ba.jpg

I tried the coffee almond flavor in the past and wasn't impressed, but I heard good things about this flavor and it went on sale so I decided to try it. Very delicious!!! The texture was very icy (could have been freezer burn, I'm not sure), but the pistachio flavor was even sweeter and more noticeable than Talenti's pistachio gelato my father picked up last night. The caramel also complemented the pistachio a lot better than I imagined it would, definitely something I'll get again, just hope the next one isn't as icy!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    jnmrie wrote: »
    ixedek3aw9tv.jpg

I <3 Noosa. Honestly the 8 oz tubs are perfect. I tend to crave yogurt a lot and when I am not feeling greek I go right for Noosa. My favorite has got to be the lemon flavor. So tart.

YASSSSS!! Lemon and coconut are my favs!!

I haven't found one that I haven't liked.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Tried another one of Walnen Farms products. The chocolate syrup is actually VERY VERY good. This one is a keeper. Went so good with my crepes this weekend on coconut whipped cream. Actually tastes no different than the Hershey stuff.

I'm soo excited! I just got a bottle of the stuff this weekend and haven't dived in yet. I need to get some halo top to add it too!

Tried this tonight andi was very pleased super indulgent over arctic zero( 92 grams) for 51 calories.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I saw and purchased, so I can say that it caught my eye, a jar of dehydrated spices of the brand "Tarana" and the description Guacamole Spices. The brand doesn't have a web site so I can't post a picture. It's supposedly 0 nutrition for a serving of 1/4 tsp. Just add to avocado and make guacamole. I'm using it now to make my morning avocado into guacamole.
  • shinycrazy
    Just had quest's beyond cereal chocolate bar. I'm torn. I think it's pretty good, more than the others (waffle & cinnamon) it tastes like a chocolate rice krispie treat which I can be on board with. But $15 a box of six? Eh.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Just had quest's beyond cereal chocolate bar. I'm torn. I think it's pretty good, more than the others (waffle & cinnamon) it tastes like a chocolate rice krispie treat which I can be on board with. But $15 a box of six? Eh.
    I really want to try there cereal bars but no way am I spending so much money on them. I will wait until they are in stores eventually. 15 a box of 6 is RIDICULOUS! (especially since they are only 100cal each)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member

I'm the same. I'm like, I love having the healthier treat option, but for that kind of cost??? I think I'd rather just find a DIFFERENT healthier treat option.