New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,590 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that day for trying out the McDonald's holiday pie will not be today because we got more See's candy in.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    When/where is it going to be available anyway? Can't find the information anywhere. Will be curious about reviews though.

Guessing it's tiny for the calories, lol.

http://www.brandeating.com/2010/11/review-mcdonalds-holiday-pie.html

81 grams... Not too bad really considering the standard protein bar is about 60g.

is it the same size as the apple pie?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    When/where is it going to be available anyway? Can't find the information anywhere. Will be curious about reviews though.

81 grams... Not too bad really considering the standard protein bar is about 60g.

Now I wonder why it doesn't show up on their website. I want to try it, lol. Although that review is a bit of a downer. I absolutely LOVE good custard.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Now I wonder why it doesn't show up on their website. I want to try it, lol. Although that review is a bit of a downer. I absolutely LOVE good custard.

Apparently it's only available in southern states?

Ok well probably a good thing then.. lol.
  • glassyo
    Options

Apparently it's only available in southern states?

Wait. What? Does that mean SOUTHERN California??? :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    So how pissed off would you workers get if someone asked to have it freshly made? Would you actually do it or lie and say you did it and give the person one that's been sitting out? Or spit in the filling? :p

That really all depends on the individual employee and how busy the store is. If you go in the middle of a really busy rush, then they probably will just give you whatever they have (and hopefully it would be fresh since they generally are constantly putting them in as it is something customers order quite a bit of). If you go when they're really slow, then I don't see why even the laziest employee wouldn't throw a couple in for you! But again, each person is different and while I'm passionate about making sure people love the food just as much as I do, I can't say the same holds true for everyone else and I've seen some VERY lazy coworkers lie about the freshness of the pies before, sadly. As for spitting in the filling, I don't think that would be an issue. They're frozen pies that we heat up in the oven, so we don't really see the filling at all and if someone spit on it then you'd clearly be able to tell! I've seen some rude customers but never before have I seen someone spit in a single thing, thank goodness (and making a special request like this isn't rude, it's something I'm sure the employees there could relate to).
    If you really want to make sure it's fresh, go in the store and watch them put them in for you. If you go through the drive through then you never really know what you're going to get since it does take about 10 minutes for the pies to cook, so if you go right through and get one either you got lucky and they just came out anyways or they could have lied.

Yes, same exact size! And I don't really consider Maryland a southern state, I thought it was more eastern but I could be wrong. Either way, never hurts to check with your local store!
  • Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
  • glassyo
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    So how pissed off would you workers get if someone asked to have it freshly made? Would you actually do it or lie and say you did it and give the person one that's been sitting out? Or spit in the filling? :p

That really all depends on the individual employee and how busy the store is. If you go in the middle of a really busy rush, then they probably will just give you whatever they have (and hopefully it would be fresh since they generally are constantly putting them in as it is something customers order quite a bit of). If you go when they're really slow, then I don't see why even the laziest employee wouldn't throw a couple in for you! But again, each person is different and while I'm passionate about making sure people love the food just as much as I do, I can't say the same holds true for everyone else and I've seen some VERY lazy coworkers lie about the freshness of the pies before, sadly. As for spitting in the filling, I don't think that would be an issue. They're frozen pies that we heat up in the oven, so we don't really see the filling at all and if someone spit on it then you'd clearly be able to tell! I've seen some rude customers but never before have I seen someone spit in a single thing, thank goodness (and making a special request like this isn't rude, it's something I'm sure the employees there could relate to).
    If you really want to make sure it's fresh, go in the store and watch them put them in for you. If you go through the drive through then you never really know what you're going to get since it does take about 10 minutes for the pies to cook, so if you go right through and get one either you got lucky and they just came out anyways or they could have lied.

Yes, same exact size! And I don't really consider Maryland a southern state, I thought it was more eastern but I could be wrong. Either way, never hurts to check with your local store!

LOL I was half joking but it's probably a moot point anyway since I'm in California and since when doesn't California get fun stuff like this?!

*sniffle*
  • Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    d2uvxklq3kgv.jpg

*gets a fork and stabs the "real ingredients you can pronounce* line. Repeatedly.

I hate that too! Lol. But it really tastes good. The chicken tastes better than the normal Smart Ones meals.

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

LOL I was half joking but it's probably a moot point anyway since I'm in California and since when doesn't California get fun stuff like this?!

*sniffle*

I'm in Michigan and I know I had them last year. I haven't been to a McDonalds since I started on here but if anyone is really dying to know I can drive by and see.
    They are delicious. The custard is delicious. They are a decent size. Definitely not tiny.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    d2uvxklq3kgv.jpg

Looks tasty but I hate the "real ingredients you can pronounce" thing.
    I like that it has fewer presevatives and fillers, but dislike that projects itself as being as healthy as, say, an Amy's frozen meal, when the chicken is likely of no better quality than those that go into Stouffer's or Marie Calendar's meals.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    160402.jpg?s=True
    Finally got to trying these. Not bad at all. Didn't have high hopes but I was pleasantly surprised. I really loved this flavor and only 150 calories for 10g protein, not bad for being vegan. Tasted almost the same as the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie larabar but with a few "crisps" in it. I would buy again or try the other flavors.

Nice. Thanks for the review. I've been eyeing a $3 coupon from coupons.com for these bars, but I wasn't sure if I should try them out. I don't like peanut butter, but I'll be sure to try the S'mores and/or Cookie Dough flavors.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ok, so, Southern California has the McDonald's holiday pies. After careful contemplation:

Me: Glassyo, don't stop into McDonald's. They're only selling them in the south anyway.
    Me Again: *eyeroll* Who am I kidding? Of course, I'm going to stop in and see if they have them!

So I did and they did and I bought one even tho me and the see's candy were having an affair today.

My first reaction was: Holy Mother of God, the pastry part is freakin' delicious!

My second reaction was: Holy Mother of God, why didn't you let the insides cool before taking a bite?!

My third reaction was: Why do you keep you taking bites when the filling is still really hot, you masochist?!

Sooooooooooooo I really liked the pastry part. Seriously, give me all the pastry all the time. The filling was good (but HOT!) but there was something off about the taste and I'm not sure why.

It's a good size pastry too.

I'm glad I tried it and now I don't need to buy another one. Unless they make one that's solid pastry. Because I am sooooooooooo there for that and the outrageous calorie count that would ensue.

:D

Love it!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I wonder if Texas would have them
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Dear McDonald's,
    I would happily give up Shamrock Shakes in January for Holiday Pies in the Philadelphia area today.
    Love and Kisses,
    Wendy