Too skinny! Need weight gaining tips please!

Options
melodymommie
melodymommie Posts: 11 Member
so I had my baby about a year ago, I lost about 15-20lbs after having her and haven't been able to gain back my weight :-/ I miss my womanly curves! I've just started a supplement called cb-1 weight gainer and increased my normal calorie intake , anyone have any other suggestions to gain 1-2 pounds per week??

Replies

• elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    1-2 pounds per week, really the only thing to do is eat between 3500-7000 calories excess in a weeks time. Try to eat calorie dense foods like butter, salad dressing, nuts, nut butters, oil, ice cream, etc.
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Realistically you can look to gain between 0.5-1lbs a week. Anymore weight a week than that and you'll be adding extra body fat that you don't want. As for tips it's pretty much as you said with increasing your calorie intake. Stay consistent with your calorie intake for 2-3 weeks and adjust your calories to the point where you're gaining 0.5-1lbs a week. When you start to plateau then you add more. If you are noticing more than 0.5-1lbs a week cut back calories. Hope this helps!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    If you don't care if you gain muscle or fat just eat like it's your last meal. Just eat whatever you like and aim for about a 1000 calories or so above your daily maintenance level. If you want to keep fat gain to a min then go with a 250 to 500 calorie surplus and lift weights.

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    MFP has a weight gain option so it can help you determine what the right calorie amount would be.
  • melodymommie
    Options
    Thanx everyone!!! All really helpful tips , I can't wait to see results !!!
  • Cocoaliz
    Options
    so I had my baby about a year ago, I lost about 15-20lbs after having her and haven't been able to gain back my weight :-/ I miss my womanly curves! I've just started a supplement called cb-1 weight gainer and increased my normal calorie intake , anyone have any other suggestions to gain 1-2 pounds per week??

• Cocoaliz
    Options
    Optimum serious mass powder has 1520 calories in it per serving. Also you can do a high cal/high protein shake with these ingredients :
    2 teaspoons honey
    1/2 cup of oats
    1 cup Greek yogurt
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 cup of fresh or frozen mixed fruits
    1 or 2 raw eggs
    1 evenlope packet of breakfast essentials (carnations )
    2 small bananas

Totaling about 1560 calories
    if you add the optimum serious mass powder that would be your daily calorie goal to gain weight.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Cocoaliz wrote: »
    Optimum serious mass powder has 1520 calories in it per serving. Also you can do a high cal/high protein shake with these ingredients :
    2 teaspoons honey
    1/2 cup of oats
    1 cup Greek yogurt
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 cup of fresh or frozen mixed fruits
    1 or 2 raw eggs
    1 evenlope packet of breakfast essentials (carnations )
    2 small bananas

Totaling about 1560 calories
    if you add the optimum serious mass powder that would be your daily calorie goal to gain weight.

That's about 4 or so cups worth of food. Can you actually eat that in one sitting?
  • 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Please workout with some weight training while upping you calories, you will benefit greatly from this. It will help the curves look for formed to your body and your man will not be able to get enough.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    ^^^Agreed...hit the weights, hit the dinner table, hit the bed and get rest.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - eat more and lift more….5x5 and strong lifts are great beginner programs...
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Lift - eat pasta - peanut butter - eggs and aim for .25 a week cause if you go 1-2 pounds per week it's going to be more fat ---
  • melodymommie
    Options
    Thank you !!! Will defiantly take all this into consideration!
  • rccola87
    rccola87 Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This was very helpful to me as well :)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Girls, when you lost that weight you probably lost a lot of muscle too. Be aware that you may not want to just add body fat, you'll end up far bigger than when you were at that weight before. Fat takes up more space than muscle. I'd learn how to lift and do a sloooow bulk(like a 1000 calories extra a week) then once I was able to do a proper programme 3 x week progressively getting heavier, I'd up the calories to 1750 extra a week or 250 per day more.
    Tracking your weight and averaging out every 7 days is the best way to see if you're gaining at the planned speed or not.
    Bear in mind to have .8g protein and .35g fat per pound of body weight plus fill the rest with carbs.

Happy eating!
  • melodymommie
    Options
    Thanx!