What to eat?

Hey guys I'm trying to gain weight, I'm nearly 21 I'm 6ft and weight 9 stn so I'm a skinny guys, not major skinny but skinny and I'm trying to put on some weight, I go to the gym at least 4 times a weak cause I'm trying to bulk up so I was wondering if any of you guys know any good things to eat for breakfast and lunch?

Replies

• tberger156
    tberger156 Posts: 3 Member
    Protein Shakes, Steak, Hard Boiled Egg whites, Chicken, Oats if your bulking anything you can get a hold of to increase caloric intakes. Make meals the night before and put into containers... Microwave is your bulking friend...
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    If weight gain is your goal, then there are no "good things" to eat....
    Eat whatever you can so you get more calories than you need, then you will gain weight.

Make sure your protein intake is adequate as well.....don't just go overboard on fat and carbs for all your calories.
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Pretty much what Max said and you'll be fine. Set a calorie amount to eat at for 2 weeks and stay consistent with it. If you gain 0.5-1lb a week you're in good shape. If not then you increase your calories gradually until you find the amount that works.
  • kayemali
    kayemali Posts: 59 Member
    tberger156 wrote: »
    Protein Shakes, Steak, Hard Boiled Egg whites, Chicken, Oats if your bulking anything you can get a hold of to increase caloric intakes. Make meals the night before and put into containers... Microwave is your bulking friend...

Thanks mate I appreciate that!
  • kayemali
    Pretty much what Max said and you'll be fine. Set a calorie amount to eat at for 2 weeks and stay consistent with it. If you gain 0.5-1lb a week you're in good shape. If not then you increase your calories gradually until you find the amount that works.

What foods do you know that I can have that high in calories?

• kayemali
    kayemali wrote: »

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member

All of the foods. Or, all of the foods that you enjoy.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member

Anything that is high fat is calorically dense...
    So nuts are something that come to mind...

My own personal view for bulking is to go higher with carbs....
    but you can go whatever route you want, as long as you are getting a calorie surplus.
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    IHOP is my favorite breakfast when bulking.

Their Stuffed French Toast is heavenly.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member

You can have any food and that's the fun of bulking. Finding high calorie foods is very easy, just go to a store or restaurant and get something. Don't overthink this - just eat.
  • Try your best to ditch eating all those high calorie bad foods like chips, pop and other junk food in attempt at meeting your calorie goal each day. You'll find eating more healthy foods to gain calories is just as easy and much better for you! Try making smoothies between meals, putting peanut butter in them are an easy way to rack up calories too. As long as they taste good in your mouth and look good in terms of meeting your requirements, you'll be on the right track. Goodluck girl!!! :)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Try your best to ditch eating all those high calorie bad foods like chips, pop and other junk food in attempt at meeting your calorie goal each day. You'll find eating more healthy foods to gain calories is just as easy and much better for you! Try making smoothies between meals, putting peanut butter in them are an easy way to rack up calories too. As long as they taste good in your mouth and look good in terms of meeting your requirements, you'll be on the right track. Goodluck girl!!! :)

Sorry, there is no reason to avoid calorific foods while bulking. As long as you have met all of your mimimal requirements you can eat what you want and be just as healthy.

It's those that try to avoid all those foods due to food morality (good vs bad) that always have c the trouble getting enough to eat.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    As everyone said, focus on calorie dense food, and definitely eat what you enjoy. If you find you can't eat enough volume of food, try swapping out lower calorie foods in your diets with higher calorie versions (ie, steamed veggies will be lower calorie than veggies cooked in oil).

And just because no one has done the typical list:
    Full fat dairy, nuts/nut butters, avocados, cook your food in oil/butter, bacon, sausage, pancakes with syrup, pizza, ice cream, cookies, milkshakes, etc.

While we're listing off a lot of food people consider "junk", you need the calories, and you should focus on a well rounded diet. I've seen people give a number of 80/20 (80% nutrient dense food, 20% calorie dense food). While bulking, you do need to keep some nutrient dense food in your diet to get all your vitamin needs, but because you are eating extra food, the percentage of calorie dense food can be higher.

And if that doesn't make sense, I did just wake up...
  • kayemali
    Thanks I appreciat everyone's comments and they're really helpful, today first day I've actually met my amount needed and that's due to huge breakfast, 6 times out of 7 a week I have chicken and rice for dinner :')
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Try your best to ditch eating all those high calorie bad foods like chips, pop and other junk food in attempt at meeting your calorie goal each day. You'll find eating more healthy foods to gain calories is just as easy and much better for you! Try making smoothies between meals, putting peanut butter in them are an easy way to rack up calories too. As long as they taste good in your mouth and look good in terms of meeting your requirements, you'll be on the right track. Goodluck girl!!! :)

This is the GAINING section. Why would you give advice that makes it harder for the OP?!