Lifting Programs During Bulk

Options
2»

Replies

• NightShiftMedic
    NightShiftMedic Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh ok, I know what you mean. I actually misread the post I quoted. I read it as "Wendler's (eventually) sucks balls at deadlift" not deficit as was actually written.

Thanks for the help. Best of luck.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If Hypertrophy is your goal...consider Rep ranges of 10-12, High Progressively increasing volume over the coming weeks, short rest periods between sets (like 45 seconds or less). Maybe consider a one song playlist...that one song...everyone has that one song...put it on loop...talk to no one...only think about exactly what you are doing in the moment...the workout should be blur if you did it right.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Oh ok, I know what you mean. I actually misread the post I quoted. I read it as "Wendler's (eventually) sucks balls at deadlift" not deficit as was actually written.

Thanks for the help. Best of luck.

Lol it's great for deads from what I've seen.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    Wendler's (eventually) sucks balls at deficit.

If you don't mind, could you elaborate on this part a little please? I've just started a cycle today in fact from his "Beyond 5/3/1" and I'd like to know your thoughts. I do intend to continue it, I'm just curious to know.

I love the programme - I ran it for 40 odd weeks the first time, tried another programme for about a month and I'm back to wendlers now.

While bulking, those plates just go up and up. After a few cycles, at deficit, not so much. Just to be clear, not the programme that sucks but cutting.

Haven't read or tried out beyond 5/3/1 yet but I've heard a lot of good things. I might invest it in around summer time when cutting starts affecting things and I need a little something extra.