What happened to The Gaining Weight Section?!

Options

Replies

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Having internet friends is the literal worst. Period.

Internet friends: Not even once

Anyway. The bs thread. I'd you still have it in your history you may find yourself able to get to it. Not that I'd know about things like that. Or would advocate engaging in those kind of work arounds. Nope.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm a lurker too. I am trying to put things together. I hate making threads. I just hope some of you guys won't mind a question through private message when I'm ready.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I think they're just New Years people, but it does seem like there are suddenly a zillion new "I need friends" and "what should I eat" threads in here. Maybe we need a stickied "Post Here for Weight Gain Friends" thread.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    AKDonF wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    G35GT wrote: »
    So this has become my favourite place to lurk around here. I'm not looking to gain weight but love the idea that one day I might. There's no reason for me not to try a genuine bulk other than fear of getting fat and years of calorie counting etc to lose/maintain...

So I loved to read of those bulking or cutting (especially the females). It was like this is the place the cool kids hang out and I stood in the background admiring and wanting to be part of the gang but never quite daring.

All of a sudden I can't distinguish this forum from Motivation & Support...

What's this thing about being "friends" with people on an online forum?? Just don't get it and hope the front page soon returns to its previous feisty and informative self.

There - I've said it...

What do you mean "what happened?" Is there something missing? I'm new here so

The dynamic of this section changed recently. My guess is the January influx of people with resolutions.

I hope that is it, because the differences in goals and some of the false understandings about nutrition and gaining are bleeding over and blurring the sound and solid advice that should be common for either goals. If I hear one more thing about 'clean' food I think I am going to go crazy. Mainstream media SUCKS!

The worst is when you get someone posting a cut-and-paste on every bulk help request saying "NEVER EAT JUNK". It's the same thing and completely wrong. I miss NDJ and MrM right now lol.

What happen to NDJ and MrM??

LOL nothing really, NDJ is just on the road today, coming back from the Super Bowl, and MrM just hasn't posted here recently but is still around.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    I think they're just New Years people, but it does seem like there are suddenly a zillion new "I need friends" and "what should I eat" threads in here. Maybe we need a stickied "Post Here for Weight Gain Friends" thread.

Good luck getting a sticky in this section...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    So this has become my favourite place to lurk around here. I'm not looking to gain weight but love the idea that one day I might. There's no reason for me not to try a genuine bulk other than fear of getting fat and years of calorie counting etc to lose/maintain...

So I loved to read of those bulking or cutting (especially the females). It was like this is the place the cool kids hang out and I stood in the background admiring and wanting to be part of the gang but never quite daring.

What's this thing about being "friends" with people on an online forum?? Just don't get it and hope the front page soon returns to its previous feisty and informative self.

There - I've said it...

The dynamic of this section changed recently. My guess is the January influx of people with resolutions.

I hope that is it, because the differences in goals and some of the false understandings about nutrition and gaining are bleeding over and blurring the sound and solid advice that should be common for either goals. If I hear one more thing about 'clean' food I think I am going to go crazy. Mainstream media SUCKS!

The worst is when you get someone posting a cut-and-paste on every bulk help request saying "NEVER EAT JUNK". It's the same thing and completely wrong. I miss NDJ and MrM right now lol.

LOL nothing really, NDJ is just on the road today, coming back from the Super Bowl, and MrM just hasn't posted here recently but is still around.

ok good, lol, I be sad if MrM was gone, he is so hilarious!! :smiley:
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

There - I've said it...

I know, and I miss his posts and NDJ's the most when people post the derp. They are the most direct, I'm a little more, uhm, "political" most of the time.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

There - I've said it...

I know, and I miss his posts and NDJ's the most when people post the derp. They are the most direct, I'm a little more, uhm, "political" most of the time.

Yep. :smile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

There - I've said it...

Has anyone tried tagging them to entice them into this thread?

@ndj1979‌ @MrM27‌
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    I didn't know tagging worked on these forums.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I didn't know tagging worked on these forums.
    it's new.

and why would a general BS thread get moved to a mod only section? that seems. Sad.

We are TRYING to keep off topic chit chat to a minimum- so why the delete of a perfectly usable generic chit chat thread??? :(

I haz sad panda.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Since returning to the forums after an absence, I can tell there's a marked deterioration in the sub.

There's advice in some threads that shouldn't have been given (6 meals a day, eating clean, etc.) because it's not necessary (and that stuff's a matter of personal preference).

There's people who have never actually tried to add some mass and are venturing opinions. Come back when you've actually tried it/made the mistakes/learned from them/have something valuable to say.

There's people who have ventured in here by mistake. They post "helpful advice" then they say things like "oops, didn't realise this was the gaining weight forum". So much for a close reading of the OP!

There are some people who just want to moan that they are unsuccessful adding weight and then blatantly ignore solid advice from lots of knowledgeable members. They have no intention of taking steps to help themselves.

These are just a few of the (increasingly) more common things that are in here now.

It got off to a great start, but if this erosion continues, we'll end up with another whacky sub like "food and nutrition" and nobody wants to see that..
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    MrM, are things back to normal crazy now after the storm?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM, are things back to normal crazy now after the storm?

Nope. We ended up getting snow Sunday night into yesterday morning then it all changed over to sleet. Then after a few hours more snow. As soon as the snow stopped around 4 pm the temperature instantly dropped 20 degrees. All the streets have a thick layer of ice. Driving is terrible. The highways are fine but everything else is horrible. We both have Hyundai Elantra's and let me tell you that they are really bad in the snow. Absolutely no traction.

To top it off, yesterday my waterproof boots decided to not be waterproof. I ended up having to put on some hospital socks on, then wrap my socks with a plastic bag then put the boots back on. 8 more hours wearing that. It was terrible. I have different boots on today.

Wow, that's a world of hurt. I imagine your boots are Gortex and that isn't the best waterproof/breathable fabric, trust me on that! :frowning:

I hope things improve there soon. It's been pretty good here but very cold and I'm about to shoot a big rodent! ;)
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Changing topic slightly - even had some snow here in "sunny" Cambridgeshire overnight so golf plans ruined. I'm getting my haircut instead - but hiking across the fields to get there. Hope my hairdresser doesn't mind me being a sweaty mess!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Changing topic slightly - even had some snow here in "sunny" Cambridgeshire overnight so golf plans ruined. I'm getting my haircut instead - but hiking across the fields to get there. Hope my hairdresser doesn't mind me being a sweaty mess!

Not sure if I should grumble, live vicarously through you, or make plans to move. It's REALLY cold here. :(
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    We usually miss the snow here so a surprise to wake up to it. Temperature is 2 degrees (C)!