exercises for mons pubis? HELP!

Ok, you know that area on your pubic bone? Below your lower belly and above your who-ha? well thats got a nice layer of fat on it that I would like to lose. But sadly, I cannot find ANYTHING on an exercise to help trim down on that area... HELP!!!

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I do believe that's genetic. An overall caloric deficit will do you there.

Also, some folks like it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Exercise doesn't trim down areas. You can't spot reduce. If you have excess fat on your body, you reduce that by reducing the amount of fat overall.
  • owlbrave
    owlbrave Posts: 7 Member
    But there are exercises to trim down and to help lose weight else where on the body. I am starting to work out to lose weight, but Its one of those problem areas I would like to work on as well. We all have problem spots, one of mine happens to be there.

And I know we cant get rid of it and that there will always be a curve there, but its kinda an issue, when you look like you have a bulge in your pants and you are a full born female and have to lift it up, just to wipe.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    No there aren't.

You reduce intake to lose weight.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    You are going to lose an awful lot of that as you approach your calorie goal. I wouldn't worry about it until you see how things are shaping up over the next 95 lbs.

The posters above are right though, you can't spot fat reduce. Short of liposuction, the only way to decrease that area is to decrease your overall body fat.
  • Alatariel75
    There are exercises that *claim* to trim down certain areas. No exercise removes fat from a specific area. Fat reduction happens when you drop caloric intake.

• Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Fat goes away from generally burning off more calories than you take in. It doesn't matter what body part you move to burn off the calories, the only thing your body cares about is that it's now in a deficit so you'll then lose fat from wherever your body wants to lose it from - you can't change the order in where fat is lost, it's genetic, you can only be in a deficit and hope an area you dislike gets picked first. If you want to lose fat there simply do what you're doing and work out while keeping an eye on diet - it'll go sooner or later, along with fat from everywhere else.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    owlbrave wrote: »
    But there are exercises to trim down and to help lose weight else where on the body. I am starting to work out to lose weight, but Its one of those problem areas I would like to work on as well. We all have problem spots, one of mine happens to be there.

And I know we cant get rid of it and that there will always be a curve there, but its kinda an issue, when you look like you have a bulge in your pants and you are a full born female and have to lift it up, just to wipe.

if you have to lift flaps to take care of business- sorry honey but no amount of training will fix that- it's all about that calorie deficit.

Having a shape you aren't in love with (I can't stand where my internal organs are placed- it makes me look like I have a pronounced FUPA)... is different than being over weight. Flaps of skin/folds is over weight.

That can be changed with moderate calorie deficit over an extended period of time (My meaning- not a 6 week cure diet) and starting to move more to help retain muscle mass and improve health.

Get yourself into a comfortable and moderate deficit- and pick up training plan that includes cardiovascular work (and yes walking is just fine for now) and some sort of strength training- you'll need both.
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    But there are exercises to trim down and to help lose weight else where on the body.

There are exercises to work muscles in the body. The mons pubis, however, is just fat. You can't exercise your fat. Besides this, you can work any area of the body as much as you want, but it won't do a thing unless you lose the fat that covers it. Eating in a calorie deficit is the only way to solve your problem. Good luck with your goals!

• BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Troll. Gotta be. That 'layer of fat' makes sex enjoyable instead of bone on bone grinding....
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    You can't g-spot reduce. C'mon. I'm not the first one to think that, right?
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    you're not the only one with a fat pubis. allover fat loss is the only thing to help.
  • Alatariel75
    Troll. Gotta be. That 'layer of fat' makes sex enjoyable instead of bone on bone grinding....

Nah, I don't think troll. If you've never not had that layer of fat, you wouldn't know what it would feel like without it. I can see being self conscious over a FUPA.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member

Her profile says she still wants to lose another 95 pounds. I could see this being a real question. You see people on the streets with this issue occasionally, and I can understand how it might bother her.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Ok, you know that area on your pubic bone? Below your lower belly and above your who-ha? well thats got a nice layer of fat on it that I would like to lose. But sadly, I cannot find ANYTHING on an exercise to help trim down on that area... HELP!!!

You have got to be kidding

• RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    You can't spot reduce fat. No exercise will remove fat from a particular spot.

You can build muscle to change the shape a bit but fat will come off wherever it likes (generally pretty evenly but that still leaves our "problem areas" bigger than the rest)

Losing fat from your whole body will reduce the fat on the problem area/s.
  • owlbrave
    Ok, first off, Im not a troll. I was asking an honest question. I Do have 95 lbs to get to my goal. At 275 lbs I am very over weight. Everyone's body is different. Your problem areas, may be my best area.
    I am still new to work out terms for stuff, so I im sorry about not having my wording correct.
    I know you need a layer of fat there to help during sex and that it helps to protect the pubic bone. I just wanted to see if there was something I could do.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited February 2015
    I am still new to work out terms for stuff.. I just wanted to see if there was something I could do.
    We've all asked that at some point. Similarly, doing planks or crunches or hollow holds won't erase my tummy fat! When you think of exercise in that regard, think of moving more with better control, adventurous positions, endurance, and less (or more!) sweat. The calories you burn exercising will also allow you to enjoy a glass or two of wine together without going over. ;)

• xyrnyth
    xyrnyth Posts: 11 Member
    As they've been saying, cleaner eating paired with a slight caloric deficit and daily exercise can help! Genetics control where our fat grows, but you can't spot treat it without painful costly procedures like liposuction.
  • owlbrave
    Thank you all for your help.