exercises for mons pubis? HELP!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    trixieloo wrote: »
    harlanJEN wrote: »
    Hefty trash bag, duct tape, original Jane Fonda on VHS and drink more green tea.

Nope.

OP, unfortunately there's nothing you can do to remove fat from a specific area of your body. Hopefully as you lose weight, you'll see a reduction in size.

Good luck.

What do you mean "Nope"? This is scientifically proven to work, particularly for the pubic area. Just google it.

I did google it - I see zero scientific studies. Care to provide sources?

Wearing a trash bag while you work out causes dehydration and can lead to serious health risks. It screws up your body's cooling process by preventing the sweat you create from being evaporated, which tells your body to continue to produce sweat, leading to dehydration. Any "loss" you might see is not actually fat loss, it's water loss.

But please, prove me wrong.

google up sarcasm- that should help get you a better answer.

she was joking.

It's not like people actually advocating for things like that in a serious way is out of the ordinary on this forum.

No kidding.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    deksgrl wrote: »
    Hefty trash bag, duct tape, original Jane Fonda on VHS and drink more green tea.

Which color trash bags and duct tape?

I've found that the combo of steel gray trash bags & neon green tape works particularly well. I've tried the " I love Bacon" duct tape but it simply does not work as well.
  • harlanJEN

Nope.

OP, unfortunately there's nothing you can do to remove fat from a specific area of your body. Hopefully as you lose weight, you'll see a reduction in size.

Good luck.

What do you mean "Nope"? This is scientifically proven to work, particularly for the pubic area. Just google it.

Wearing a trash bag while you work out causes dehydration and can lead to serious health risks. It screws up your body's cooling process by preventing the sweat you create from being evaporated, which tells your body to continue to produce sweat, leading to dehydration. Any "loss" you might see is not actually fat loss, it's water loss.

she was joking.

Sarcasm?? my peeps would prob just call it smart assery
  • Mistapholeezkat
    Mistapholeezkat Posts: 80 Member
    They actually had a young lady on TV once; I believe it was a plastic surgery show. She was slim and fit but for some reason her mons pubis was very large and she looked odd in swimsuits and such. It was like a pillow of fat right on her pubic bone that "protruded". It wasn't a fat pouch from her stomach. Since she was slim and fit already, the doctor told her that her only option at this point was lipo. Of course, you think, sure he would say that he is a plastic surgeon....but this was a very slim, athletic chic who had a very large pubis area. She was young and self conscious and wanted it changed. He did remove the fat and she looked a lot better in a bathing suit, but her anatomy still looked a little different. It is just the way some people are born. I think fat loss will improve your appearance but your underlying structure is still there. I don't think this gal is kidding or trolling.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    There are anti friction products out there for the upper leg and upper arm chub rub that you can use for your comfort until you get smaller. I used to use the arm and hammer friction defense one. There is another called body glide and there may be like two or three more brands out there as well, I just don't remember the names of them.
  • harlanJEN
    Ok. Serious answer to OP. OP im going to go with you are truly seeking knowledge & I will acknowledge that I've been snowed in for a week & this was my wee bit of entertainment. I'm a true sarcat, but here is some serious: It is a fatty area. There isn't anything specific to exercise. If you have higher bodyfat ( I believe someone looked @ your profile & you have 50+ lbs to lose) then you need to continue with fat/weight loss. I highly recommend resistance training emphasizing compound lifts with intervals of HIIT. Solid eating with focus on lean protein and higher fiber foods which can be found in a great variety of foods: beans, lentils, veg, fruit, whole/unbroken grains, seeds & nuts. Water. Good sleep. Persistence and consistency. I've lost 70+ lbs and been maintaining for a couple years. and YES I do have " I Love Bacon" duct tape.

GOOD LUCK!

jen
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

Nope.

Good luck.

she was joking.

Sarcasm?? my peeps would prob just call it smart assery
    valid.

I stand/sit corrected.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Sigh. An old high school friend of mine just published an op ed in the NYT about how the new Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover was going to make women obsess about their mons pubis.

It was a humor piece.

FFS. Anyone want to start a pool on what the next minor body part people want to "spot reduce" will be?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I think it might make men obsessessessessessesseesss...

obsess, the mississippi of normal words.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    I think it might make men obsessessessessessesseesss...

obsess, the mississippi of normal words.

See, Recommend is always the one that gets me...extra c? extra m? Never looks right.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member

Nope.

Good luck.

lol.... It's a joke, dear. The person who originally posted the advice was joking, and I was piggybacking on it.

And now I'm off to wipe the egg off my face.

Don't forget to log any that you may have swallowed.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    maintance.

I can't spell it right for *kitten*.

consicounses and necessary.

I almost always spell those wrong (although I got necessary right today)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    I don't understand the human race anymore...

how does this thread even exist?
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited February 2015
    JoRocka wrote:
    maintance.
    I can't spell it right for *kitten*.
    consicounses and necessary.
    maintenance
    conscious (awake or aware)
    conscience (morality, your mother's voice in your head)

And while we're at it...
    loose (not tight)
    lose (to not have, get rid of)
    populace (people of an area)
    populous (having many people)
    to (direction)
    too (additional)
    two (2)

Going back to the "wrap yourself in plastic" schtick...
    There are actually 2 women at my gym I've seen doing this. They take saran wrap & mummify each other's abdomens before leaving the locker room. I so very much want to stop them, but since I don't carry around printouts of research (and I doubt they'd be able to read them anyway) I haven't even tried.

And one of the front-desk gals was talking about doing a "cleanse". :confused:
    I just hope she isn't giving advice to anyone.
  • dbmata
    I wish you were kidding about the saran wrap
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    DjinnMarie wrote: »
    Well that's enough internet for today. I'm gonna go workout, it's back, bis, and mons pubis day! My favorite!

I gigglesnorted LOL
  • A woman at work was selling some MLM saran wrap crap a few months ago. She was a pixie herself and we have several overweight folks here. I thought it was pretty crappy thing to do. They fired her recently. No tears were shed.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    owlbrave wrote: »
    Ok, first off, Im not a troll. I was asking an honest question. I Do have 95 lbs to get to my goal. At 275 lbs I am very over weight. Everyone's body is different. Your problem areas, may be my best area.
    I am still new to work out terms for stuff, so I im sorry about not having my wording correct.
    I know you need a layer of fat there to help during sex and that it helps to protect the pubic bone. I just wanted to see if there was something I could do.

I have extra padding there too, but like I think someone said before, it is fat, not muscle so there is no workout that will take care of it. I can tell you that after losing 60 lbs mine has gotten smaller (I'm still about 28 lbs from my goal), so lose the weight you want to and I assure you it will be smaller, and not be so bad as it is now. As I think others have said too, you cannot lose weight by simply working out, it is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. You have to eat better/lower your calorie intake to effectively lose weight. Good luck and enjoy your journey! (be prepared for the need to buy clothes along the way, I have everything from a size 10 to a size 24 now! )
  • dbmata
    There is something the OP can do.

Eat at a reasonable caloric deficit until goals are achieved.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    How would a mons pubis exercise...even....kbye