WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2015

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Well, poo! The Home Depot delivery men came, after waiting nearly two weeks, with my shiny new dishwasher. But they could not get it to fit in the hole! They did not seem to know what they were doing, either. So we had to refuse the delivery and they tried to put the old dishwasher back in, but they couldn't get it in the way it was before. It's crooked and doesn't look level, and the door seems to be broken. The whole reason we got a new one was that the old one was putting out a burning smell and the appliance service guy said the motor was burning out. But when they wrestled the old dishwasher out, they found that one of the electrical wire nuts was burned and melted, so it probably wasn't the motor at all. So, we might not have needed a new dishwasher at all, but now the door is hanging crooked and the whole thing just seems wrong. I'm running a small load now to see if it works.

So, they are supposed to be giving us a credit for what we paid. We will see how long that takes.

Grrrrrrr!
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Happy Monday ! ! !

Heather - have you asked about Fraud? We had someone hack into our cell phones and use 1000 minutes of International Calls. It's really hard to prove that you DIDN'T do something, but they can track where it originated if you ask.

Cynthia - Congrats on the job. I will "happy dance" for you.

Sylvia - Take Care. Lots of hugs !

Allison - I had such a tough time just picking out my new kitchen floor, I can't imagine doing so much of your house. My hat off to you ! ! !

Drkatiebug - I'm all about having a good time (or relaxing time, or whatever) at work. If this job is right for you - best of luck. Good Will is always a good thing !

Beth - thanks for sharing about the correlation between food and migranes. My youngest sister is suddenly afflicted by them, and she has started a journal for food, weather, hormones, and exercise, to see if someone can decide on a cause (or cure). My middle sister and Mom had them often, too, but I've only had a few (usually related to an illess), and youngest sister has only had them since her "botched' sinus surgery, although that has recently be fixed.

Sylvia & yanniejannie - I was a climber, too, but I climbed on anything possible. DS has always been the same. I keep him well-insured, because I just can't keep his feet on the ground. I have too many scars (kept secret from parents so never ended up with stitches) to count.

Thanks to everyone for sharing all the pet pictures. Since DH is allergic, we don't have pets, and I miss that.

Today is an "off track" day, and I must just admit it and move on tomorrow. I won a breakfast catered from McDonalds on a radio station. Tonight is awards banquet for High School bowling. I did a 10 minute program on the hand bike that was assigned by physical therapist, so all is not lost. I also plan to take it easy at the banquet, and limited what I ate for breakfast and lunch, so I shouldn't go over by too much. Coffee and Water, Water, Water !!!

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee (another day in the 70's before it heads back to the 40's tomorrow B) )
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Happy mon!!Nice day today.
    Trying to work on stop and start with utilities.Not getting far,com ed had a long wait time,cable won`t set up a date til the receive their payment,which was sent fri.USPS,wants 24 dollars for a secure something or other.YIKES~~~
    Have a good day.
    hugs jane
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Well, poo! The Home Depot delivery men came, after waiting nearly two weeks, with my shiny new dishwasher. But they could not get it to fit in the hole! They did not seem to know what they were doing, either. So we had to refuse the delivery and they tried to put the old dishwasher back in, but they couldn't get it in the way it was before. It's crooked and doesn't look level, and the door seems to be broken. The whole reason we got a new one was that the old one was putting out a burning smell and the appliance service guy said the motor was burning out. But when they wrestled the old dishwasher out, they found that one of the electrical wire nuts was burned and melted, so it probably wasn't the motor at all. So, we might not have needed a new dishwasher at all, but now the door is hanging crooked and the whole thing just seems wrong. I'm running a small load now to see if it works.

So, they are supposed to be giving us a credit for what we paid. We will see how long that takes.

Grrrrrrr!

woah... sorry to hear about that... I think I would have punched somebody, not to mention all the beautiful words that would have came out of my mouth!
  • pipcd34
    66eq4khlsw5c.jpg

another awwwwwwww moment coming to you from winkle, aka Bullwinkle
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Joyce– you would NOT be a bad daughter if you let go of stuff of Mom’s you don’t want/care for --- think about it from the other direction, would you feel that your kids should not pass on a item you gave them?

Cynthia – Congrats on making the decision, and an overlap will be hard, but extra $$$ be sure to spend some of it on something fun for you or you and your guy.

Heather – CONGRATS the book finished!!!
    Sorry to hear the kids dad is still not well. BT GRRR!!! Is your wifi wireless? If it is it password protected? It could be that it was used by someone else - changing the password would be my first step.

YannieJannie – like you I am ready to get back on track, having my friend move out will be helpful, we are really good friends but she brings a lot of tempting things into the house, and we ate dinner together 3-4 nights a week, I like to eat about 6 her about 9 so we would spilt it and eat about 7:30…. I do much better with an earlier schedule.

Carol in NC – You have a busy schedule and it sounds like you have it scheduled in the best possible way. I am glad that the early walkers walk with dogs, while that is not a 100% safety net it does make a difference.

Dr.Katie - If you can fit it in comfortably, my advice (which you did not ask for LOL) is take it; I say that because every time I have done one of those good will type jobs I have been paid back thousands of times over either in more work, new friends, or both.

I did have a successful Doctor’s appointment, my assigned dr is a very nice woman, in her late 30’s I would guess, and to my delight she took time asked appropriate questions, and listened. She was familiar with MFP and encouraged me and talked about not just losing weight but by keeping it up in Maintenance – I have a while to get to maintenance but I was glad she was positive. So a while back there was a question about pulse, I had mine taken, after walking upstairs and being weighed they took it and it was 66 – the doc said that was good. Got my tdap update vaccine.

My sleep schedule is getting back to my routine as roomie is gone, her schedule affected me.. but on my own I tend to wake about 45-30 minutes before sunrise..so about 5:45am and then am out the door within 15 minutes, Levi and I take an hour walk about 3 miles with a good sized hill. I like to be settled in bed about 9pm and read for an hour… lights out about 10pm. So about 7-8 hours of sleep… Now a great offer of something fun to do would change all of that. I would like to be up earlier for being out and walking, but just can’t get myself to bed sooner and need the 7-8 hours of sleep.

Smiles Kim

March goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Eat slower
    Plan and do a fun thing every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Today's joke of the day:

:)

A lawyer opened the door of his BMW, when suddenly a car came along and hit the door, ripping it off completely. When the police arrived at the scene, the lawyer was complaining bitterly about the damage to his precious BMW.

"Officer, look what they've done to my Beemer!" he whined.

"You lawyers are so materialistic, you make me sick!" retorted the officer, "You're so worried about your stupid BMW, that you didn't even notice that your left arm was ripped off!"

"Oh my god", replied the lawyer, finally noticing the bloody left shoulder where his arm once was, "Where's my Rolex!"

:D
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Hey gals.... quick question... St Patty's tomorrow and I bought a corned beef...anyone done it in a crock pot? hints?

thanks! Kim
  • pipcd34
    nope, sorry momkim, no help here :0/
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Sylvia ... unless the delivery men replaced the melted wire nut and know why the wires got so hot ... do not use the dishwasher! Arcing will cause a fire.

Jan... your daughter is spot on with the reason she is not getting so many migraines. Exercise and less stress. Hoping your daughter's enrollment in vetenarian school does not cause migraines to resurface. My son has recently put on a lot of weight and is not nearly as active as he once was when involved in baseball. He's trying to do better with activity.

Janet ... moose meeting?

Heather ... congratulations on finishing your typing.

Drkatiebug ... hoping you make a decision that you'll be happy with.

Kim ... glad the physical went well!

Today I so wanted and even planned to purchase some salted english toffee at the grocery store ... and they were out! So I'm behaving today after all ...

Beth in WNY

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Okay, my NSV is that I am spring cleaning for the next couple of days and thought I would try on some of my long awaited summer outfits I haven't worn in over 3 years surprise, most of them are way too big for me! some of the clothes that I haven't wore for about 7 years that I never thought I would get into actually fit me now, but I still have 19 pounds to go until I hit my goal weight so I guess I might have to go shopping! Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

• pipcd34
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Okay, my NSV is that I am spring cleaning for the next couple of days and thought I would try on some of my long awaited summer outfits I haven't worn in over 3 years surprise, most of them are way too big for me! some of the clothes that I haven't wore for about 7 years that I never thought I would get into actually fit me now, but I still have 19 pounds to go until I hit my goal weight so I guess I might have to go shopping! Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

yeayyyyyyyyyy... I will admit.. I probably need to as well but I don't.. but vegas will be here b4 you know it and I better have some clothes for that
  • fanncy0626
    Pip- I should go shopping for Vegas! you deserve it as hard as you work.

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    You! Not I unless you are inviting me to come with hahaha!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Tuesday. Pensions in bank so grocery shopping today and walking only
    I slept really well until 9am as so comfy this morning
    Wii Biggest Loser was yoga yesterday, oh my.
    Food is 1874 due to fish and chips on wharf, treat day
    It was good for Stan and I to talk about Mildred, tears no more. I see her solar light shining different colours on her grave and still say good morning to her.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    I started reading back from last page,but no way I will get very far.After a short while it all melds together.

Had a small sky light installed in ceiling of our master bath. Had one in last house. They
    aren't cheap,only about 8" diameter,but what a difference! "The Cave" now has normal light.

Great Grandson was a yr old this mo,has 10 teeth & is very long legged. Thinking he has Great Grpas' (my hub) tall genes.He is nearly 6'4".

We had lovely weather,70 & sunny today,but forecast says back to windy 40's for rest of March.Oh,well.....it's not ice & snow. Pat

u2b3tavzmcm1.jpg

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Alison: Your DGD is one day and three years older than my DGD. We’re in CO to celebrate her birthday.

Cynthia: Congratulations on your new job! I am dancing with you in spirit.

Heather: Congratulations on completing a big typing job! I hope you’ll enjoy editing and formatting. You’ll be using your brain in a different way for those jobs. I hope you have some fun with it. The news about your ex is worrying. I’m glad to hear you contacted his friend and will get to see them both. Good news on the headphones. We have Sennheisers and they do a great job for us. I use them often to watch TV shows without annoying DH. Outsourcing call centers for problems to countries with non-native speakers is hideous. I’m angry right along with you.

Yanniejannie: Thanks for your good wishes. Things are going along well at this point. I had a brain-sag yesterday, and since the altitude is about the same as it was the day before I think fatigue was the main cause of slow thinking. Altitude can’t be counted out. It could be that the lack of oxygen was causing the fatigue. Need oxygen! I live at 50 feet above sea level and am now at 5026.

Janet: Good luck at the Moose meeting. I bet you will do fine this time.

Carol: Increasing meds is a good option. I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Carey in Edmonton: I LOVE the Mark Twain quotation. I’m going to save it!

Dr. Katie: I hope the interview will give you enough information to make a good decision about the job.

Chris in MA: It is a wonderful idea to visit your friend on your trip to visit your mom.

Sylvia: It sounds to me as though Home Depot did not send competent installers and I think you should take it up with them. I am mad on your behalf. I love today’s lawyer joke. I read it to DH and he laughed out loud.

Jane: Moving is always complicated and frustrating. I hope you end up comfortable and happy.

Kim: It is good to see you post. Congratulations on a positive experience with your new doctor.

DD is on her way here with the grandkids, and we’ll be having dinner together then a swim later. If DH behaves I may let him off without punishment. He has been griping about the kids and the possibility he could catch what they just had.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep.

30881843.png

• pipcd34
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.15min, 14.4mph 3mi = 112cal
    spin- 40min, 87ar 108aw, 11-12g, 17.2mi = 316cal
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.03min, 12.3amph, 1.4mi = 73cal
    ride dome 2 hm- 15.59min, 9.9amph, 2.7mi = 174cal
    total cal 675
  • pipcd34
    fanncy - i wish i could, if i won the lotto, i would invite a bunch of you guys!!! we would have a blast. but unfortunately, i don't play, so i'll never win