From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    You look MARVELOUS!!!! You deserve it as you put in the work and kept disciplined!! Nice Job!! You added many happy years to your life!! Congratulations!

Thank you! My life will never be the same and has changed for the better. I love what health and fitness and a little faith can do for a person... I have been blessed and now on a mission to help others see what's possible for them, especially the ones starting at rock bottom in every aspect, like I did..
  • MigsMex
    MigsMex Posts: 52 Member
    Absolutely fabulous!
  • ekdpal
    ekdpal Posts: 3 Member
    Fantastic! How did you start with strength training when you were still at 20 lbs?
  • arpank
    arpank Posts: 27 Member
    Amazing transformation
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    You’re such an inspiration - my “start” looks a lot like yours - I can only hope my “end” looks like yours too!!!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    What an amazing transformation and incredible inspiration! Nice work! <3:)<3:)
  • integritylegal
    integritylegal Posts: 2 Member
    Fantastic! What an encouragement for us. Thanks for sharing.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Wow congratulations and thank you for sharing your journey you look and did an amzimg job for yourself. And I.love that you're keeping it off, I will be pixking up my weights
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    :)<3<3<3<3;)
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    You don't even look like the same person! Congrats on your success, all your hard work really shows
  • hapamama23
    hapamama23 Posts: 233 Member
    Amazing! You look 15 years younger! I hope to follow your journey over the next year. What a great inspiration, thank you!
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Congratulations!!! You have had amazing success. You look fantastic!!!
  • jlmorris0525
    jlmorris0525 Posts: 11 Member
    Bump!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    great job! Kuddos!
  • stillcocky
    stillcocky Posts: 3 Member
    DANG!!
  • meliz3826
    meliz3826 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! Now I know I have hope
  • jolefebour
    jolefebour Posts: 1 Member
    You look AMAZING!!
    So inspired now.
    Thank you
  • FitAuntie2018
    FitAuntie2018 Posts: 85 Member
    Can we be friends?! I was a sz 24 in December 2017 and I began weight training in mid February! I want to have the success you had! Did you do any cardio at all?! I think you’re amazing and you look beautiful!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    You look MARVELOUS!!!! You deserve it as you put in the work and kept disciplined!! Nice Job!! You added many happy years to your life!! Congratulations!

Thank you! My life will never be the same and has changed for the better. I love what health and fitness and a little faith can do for a person... I have been blessed and now on a mission to help others see what's possible for them, especially the ones starting at rock bottom in every aspect, like I did..

Incredible Job! I am a Novice Lifter, but wanted to really focus on this and progress. Can you please list your Strength training Routine and the must have equipments at home along with appropriate weights?

Bravo again!!!!!! :)
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Hello MFPers!

I am 33 years old and 5'3". I started this difficult journey in Jan of 2014 at 205lbs and I had JUST hit a size 20!!! In Dec 2014, I got down to a size 8 and around 135lbs! I feel great and am loving who I am becoming now! I'm learning a TON and meeting a lot of great people in the process.

I came across MFP in June of last year. I have kept a moderate calorie deficit pretty consistently (500 or so each day), with my carbs and protein around 100g each while lifting weights regularly (in my home with my own collected equipment), 5-6 times/week. I didn't do much cardio, as I don't enjoy it. I do run on occasion though. I feel empowered now and I absolutely LOVE strength training! Planning to take new progress pics at the end of June so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Best wishes to you all, anything is possible if you don't give up! :heart:

fdfm4zk13syy.jpg

ofn9eb5b3li7.jpg

3thg10dkzn4h.jpg

mcs7xhgcpcti.jpg

jrkoda9hxmgh.png
    dum6683wmsay.jpg

Incredible Job!!!!! I am a Novice Lifter, but wanted to really focus on this and progress. Can you please list your Strength training Routine and the must have equipments at home along with appropriate weights?

Bravo again!!!!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!