Age Discrimination?

1234568»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    edited August 2017
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Was thinking more about this thread and I remembered this picture. It was taken by a friend at the start of an Olympic Distance Triathlon in 2015. The Olympic distance race consists of a 1500 yard swim, 25ish mile bike and a 6.2mile run. Each competitor is marked with their age on their leg for tracking, as well as the chip that provides timing. Thought I'd share with the group of "outliers" in this thread. ;)

m7hwgahw3rkf.jpg

Love it!

You might also enjoy photographer Rick Rickman's book "The Wonder Years", about senior athletes. RickRickman7391889954.jpg

Many photos from it on his site, at http://www.rickrickman.com/gallery.html?gallery=The+Wonder+Years&folio=Portfolio&vimeoUserID=&vimeoAlbumID=
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Awesome photos, all of them!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    All too often, in my experience, doctors do not take seriously the health issues a person goes to them with. I had my serious issues dismissed for a very long time, it resulted in major surgery 17 years ago and I'm only now getting my health back at the age of 67 with alternative advice and treatment for Hashimoto's, I was symptomatic for more years than I care to remember.

I'm more healthy now than I was in my late 30's when I was told, the symptoms I was consulting about were, "what I should expect at my age". Now I just need to increase my stamina. I can't see me rowing for miles like yourself, luluinca but walking above 10 miles or may be more in one outing can happen now I'm able to work at it.

Ill health is not obligatory as one ages. It is a direct consequence of systems developing issues, which when addressed appropriately for the vast majority of people they will resolve, particularly as science is teaching us so much more.

I remember one, now passed doctor saying in a broadcast, with the correct advice and/or treatment there is no reason what so ever for older people to have ill health.