• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,900 Member
    Options
    thecatonthemat.jpg
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

Those are funny :)
    I had a yoga teacher encourage the rare extra strong flexible dude to show us his full expression of the move we were doing. I get that having an example provides the class a picture of where some might be striving towards, but it felt out of place in that particular group.
    I cannot explain why it felt off. Maybe she handled the timing wrong . . . We sort of stopped the rhythm of the class to put him on stage.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Those are funny :)
    I had a yoga teacher encourage the rare extra strong flexible dude to show us his full expression of the move we were doing. I get that having an example provides the class a picture of where some might be striving towards, but it felt out of place in that particular group.
    I cannot explain why it felt off. Maybe she handled the timing wrong . . . We sort of stopped the rhythm of the class to put him on stage.
    When I was doing karate regularly, one of the female instructors often used me when she wanted to demonstrate a technique. Part of the reason was that I was skilled enough that she didn't have to worry about injuring me. Another part was she got a kick (pun intended) out of sparring with someone so much larger than her. She usually told the students that when doing techniques with someone so much larger, you needed to do everything right or else you're in trouble. I didn't say anything about it for the longest time until one day she said something about how if you were large and strong, you didn't need good technique. I spoke up and said size and strength aren't a substitute for technique... and when she used me as her "attacker" and tried a technique, instead of cooperating, I dropped my centre of gravity and became immovable. When her technique failed, she tried again... and again... She stepped back and gave me a look. I said that's the difference between size/power and technique. Similar to your situation... the rhythm of the class was thrown off.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Unearthed-NamasteMFers-1304-1-web.jpg
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    funny-picture-yaga-pants-cold.jpg

OMG that totally cracked me up UncleMac. It's the pants not the booty!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    UncleMac wrote: »
    funny-picture-yaga-pants-cold.jpg

OMG that totally cracked me up UncleMac. It's the pants not the booty!

It appears like I'm not the only one who finds the world of yoga to be funny... so many neat jokes for me to post!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    1927308b35a0921a9c21c43a6facf637_original.jpg
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,990 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ^^ I soooo feel like this some days. I actually have a friend that I call the "tin man" because he has so much metal (pins and plates) in his body from various breaks and surgeries...I suspect this would resonate with him...lol.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    ^^ I soooo feel like this some days. I actually have a friend that I call the "tin man" because he has so much metal (pins and plates) in his body from various breaks and surgeries...I suspect this would resonate with him...lol.
    I had the screws, pins and plate removed once the leg was healed, partly because one of the screws was backing out (yikes) and I disliked being searched each time I went through the airport scanner.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Yea, my friend rarely flies commercial since he's not a fan of the full body search either... :/
  • UncleMac
    Options
    funny-animal-joke-yoga-bear-pictures-captions-pics-600x777.jpg
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Legit
    96facf816e928974e91b552c0f5c3ec6.jpg
  • UncleMac
    Options
    N2TMh.jpg
  • b3achy
    Options
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Funny-Yoga-08.jpg
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Yoga-Fun-Humour-Laughter-Funny-Joke-Cartoon-58.jpg
  • b3achy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Was looking for some motivating pictures for an MFP challenge group that I'm, when I came across this one...had to share it here...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnTzQHkRHoB3bhsTxqxGKlRry-kBHaYPFiBOFzMQQqxTHQnO4ksg
  • UncleMac
    Options
    om-nom-nom-meditation-yoga-humor.jpg
  • UncleMac
    Options
    funny-pictures-no-time-for-yoga-wheres-food-cat.jpg