Has anyone have or considering using Botox to fill in the frown lines after losing weight?

Since, I have lost 45 lbs. I have frown lines. When I was heavier the fat filled them in. I am considering botox, any thoughts or suggestoions?

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    I admit, it's totally the icky factor, but I can't get behind injecting myself with botulism!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Botox is not a filler. It's a paralytic.

You need to look up different types of fillers, like Juvaderm, and ask about those. Or just ask about fillers in general, which might be a better idea anyway. There are many different types with radically different pros and cons.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Botox is a neurotoxin. It doesn't fill anything in. There are lots of lines around the midface and jaw, some of which can be filled and some can not. (Nasolabial and GMJ can be filled, perioral not so much).

See a doctor who does injections if you are interested.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited May 2015
    The clinic I work at does injectable treatments. Botulinum toxin is used to relax muscle. This helps to soften none static wrinkles.

For volume loss and static wrinkles you need to be looking at dermal fillers. Botox does not plump. It paralyses muscle movement. :)
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Yes yes yes !!!!!!!!
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I get Botox injections regularly, but I've never seen anyone who didn't look absolutely plastic with fillers so I haven't tried those.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    I personally wouldn't do it but if it will make you happy why not.
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2015
    You could start retinol treatment. It will not take the wrinkles away but it does help. And helps keep new ones from forming. And keeps the ones you have from getting deeper. And helps with collagen/elastin. Maybe go see a good esthetician ?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I would, if I only had to do it once. But the treatment wears off doesn't it? So you would have to go back regularly. Maybe if I won the lotto :tongue:
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Good gosh no. Why do that to yourself. Revel in being a grown up
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    I get Botox injections regularly, but I've never seen anyone who didn't look absolutely plastic with fillers so I haven't tried those.

I think some people go overboard with fillers. It can be done and look natural, it really does depend on the practitioner who does the treatment. I find nurses do a better job than doctors with filler!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I personally wouldn't do it but if it will make you happy why not.

What @strong_curves said so well.