anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Replies

• berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    5'6 and 145 . . . size 6-8 and other then needing some toning, I'm happy with my size. But everyone is different as you see. Someone could have the exact some statistics and wear a size 12. You gotta be happy with what your body looks like. If 145 looks good on you, own it. If you don't feel comfortable keep working!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Hey I'm 5'3.75" and I've been happy with my body since I was in the 170s and super happy since the 150s. :happy:
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    I am 5'3-5'4 ( I agree it depends ) and I weigh 142 lbs. I am happy with this weight but I also lift heavy and run.

I am, however, not trying to look like a twig, I like my curves and I like my muscle tone.

It's all about how YOU FEEL, not how everyone else looks or feels.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I'm 5'4", and 145 was pretty much my heaviest ever, and to be honest, it looked big on me and I was really unhappy at that size. I'm 118 now and it's getting closer to looking good, I think. I run and strength train and have a definite hourglass shape (at 145, I was a 32G, now I'm about a 28F), but that much weight doesn't sit right on my body.

ETA: At that weight, I usually wore a size 6 or 8.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    It's a tough question, because the number can vary so much depending on whether your lifting weights and building a lot of lean body mass, or just skinny.

I am 5'4 and 3/4 (LOL)
    Once upon a time, I was 150 and not exercising at all. I was all chubb, even my face. Sizes 12/14.
    Now, I am 151 and lifting weights, firmer everywhere, and range from size 6-9 (clothing varies so much!). I would like to get my BF% down a little lower, which I imagine will decrease my weight somewhat... but I'm a hell of a lot happier at this version of 150 than my previous version.

I was 120 once after eating "raw" and was waaaaay to skinny and boney, was running compulsively, no butt!! The weight came rebounding back when I went back to eating sufficient calories and cooking my food again. Won't make that mistake again...

I'm in the same boat here. My weight hasn't changed much in a year. The last 3-4 months I started running again, continue to lift heavy and have noticed I am smaller than I was last year (had to downsize my bras, boooo!).

So my weight may not have changed, but I'm happy with how my body is right now. Especially my booty, gotta love them squats! ;)
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    5'5", about 148 and happy overall, although I'm slowly trying to reduce body fat via lifting and a small defecit. I don't have a goal weight; more of a body composition ideal. I wear an 8 in most pants and jeans, but a 6 in skirts (smaller because skirts don't hug my awesome muscular thighs).
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Well, I am 5'4" and was mostly size 8 and happy at 145. (Here is a pic from early october):
    2d692383-2038-47af-8053-4d906b6c2c4d_zpsdc9adc69.jpg[/URL]

But I have to say I have more energy and feel even happier and healthier now at 133 (mostly size 4). I'm also much more comfortable in my swimsuit. But I'm not sure if it's the extra 12 lbs or the weight lifting! It really might just be the weights.
    145 is technically a healthy weight for that height but I think "happiness" depends on the individual.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    I'm 5'3.5" and about 138 right now ... still not quite happy. I'm very muscular so people tend to think I weigh 10-20lb less than I do - but I still obsess over that little inch of belly chub around the belly button area. But that's what I'm working on! I'd ideally like to be between 130-135 I think. Less than that and I wouldn't be as strong and I like being strong :)
  • jacquiroxx922
    jacquiroxx922 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm 5'5" and as of yesterday morning, 146.6. I am a size 4. I'm not where I want to be by any means (just want to be more toned), but I have no number goal. I just wanted to throw in a comment from someone at this height/weight who is a smaller size. It is possible to weigh the same and be a smaller size :)

ETA: Just wanted to add that I am a distance runner (about to start training for my first marathon), and I do a lot of HIIT and strength training. I have a natural hourglass shape.
  • slhodge78
    slhodge78 Posts: 16
    I am 5'4" and 117 lbs. I still have fat to lose. I wear a size 2-4 in pants. I was 150 lbs when I started mfp. As far as "happy", I have been pretty "happy" since 135 lbs.
  • jme6976
    jme6976 Posts: 49 Member
    I'm 5'4" and started at 161 lbs. Currently at 127lbs. Much happier now than I was at 145. I still carried a lot around the middle and hadn't really lost much as far as sizes go. Was still wearing the same clothes just looser. I'm back down to a size 6 from as 10/12. My bmi is at 21.8 so that's pretty close to the middle of normal which makes me happy. I have a very small frame so I don't carry extra weight well. I think that makes a difference for people regardless of just height.
  • At 5'6", I have weighed between 140 and 175 in my adult life. Right now, I'm 160.

Two years ago I was at 150. I was very athletic, and could do basically anything I wanted. My jeans were US size 8. I still jiggled in some places (thighs and butt). During that time, I was constantly hiking and rock climbing, and even though I wasn't running consistently, when I signed up for races (for fun) I would set personal records (48:08 at the 10k).

Alas, I've spent a lot of time being overly critical of my body and having unrealistic expectations for myself. Although at that time I was very happy in general and loved being athletic, in my mind I still weighed too much. Even though I've gained a bit of weight since then, I've spent a lot of time getting in a better place mentally and appreciating my body more.

I feel a bit uncomfortable at 160, but I think that 150 would be a nice weight for me to reach and maintain.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    The same weight isn't only different on different people, it can be very different on the same person depending on lean mass.

I'm currently about 143, and much happier than I was at 141, 135 and even 130 two years ago.

bb799c59-9c77-4e73-94b5-1c7ed1099844_zps3426a091.jpg

Medications and illness and winter blahs made me gain a little weight over the past few months. I'd like to lose a little bit more body fat to be where I was at the end of last year again, but I'm not tied to any number on the scale anymore. I wear anything from a size 2 to a 10 depending on the garment, usually a 4 or 6.
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    5'4.. range from 135-137 depending on water weight... i'm happiER than i was, but i still am not a huge fan of what i see. its better, but still needs work. i was over 220 last year, so i've lost a lot in that time frame and need to build some muscle to fill out so my bum/legs/tummy doesn't sag. i set a goal of 127 when i was 15 years old (i just turned 24 a few weeks ago) and never got under 153lbs then, just to balloon up from there until last year... i cant even believe how close i am to that after so long

i think the thing i struggle most with has been that sometimes i see myself still being 200lbs right now.. as if i look the same. until i see a picture of me AT 200lbs. but i dont give myself credit most of the time. i think its because i see myself everyday i dont really notice the changes?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    The same weight isn't only different on different people, it can be very different on the same person depending on lean mass.

I'm currently about 143, and much happier than I was at 141, 135 and even 130 two years ago.

bb799c59-9c77-4e73-94b5-1c7ed1099844_zps3426a091.jpg

Medications and illness and winter blahs made me gain a little weight over the past few months. I'd like to lose a little bit more body fat to be where I was at the end of last year again, but I'm not tied to any number on the scale anymore. I wear anything from a size 2 to a 10 depending on the garment, usually a 4 or 6.

I am so happy to see this in here, Lorina, it's one of the best illustrations of the whole bf% versus weight that I've seen. :flowerforyou:

My goal is closer to Lorina (a girl can dream......). Strength training should help me have a higher weight at a smaller size. Right now, I am a size 18-20. Last time I was this weight, I was a size 24. It's an enormous difference, and largely due to strength training.
  • mmrp79
    mmrp79 Posts: 167 Member
    I am 5'5'' and is hovering 145 wearing a size 4!!! I am happy but I still want to tone up. My goal weight is 135 but I have stopped worrying about the number and now focusing on getting tone and lean!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    My goal weight is 145 and I'm 5'4.5" I have gotten as low as 125ish and was too thin in places. My shape is a pear so at my goal weight of 145, I wear a size 10 pants and I'm happy. I wear a small/medium top. I have a thin face, arms, shoulders, etc.. to begin with so if I do go lower than 145, I start to not look healthy. I started at a size 26/28 over 10 years ago and maintained my goal weight up until a year and a half ago when I regained 25lbs. I'm probably 10 lbs from my goal at this point. Its funny how some peoples before pants size/weight is my goal:) Everybody is different and has a different frame.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    I'm 5'4 and a size uk 10/12 and weigh in at 164 lbs and I'm really happy with how I look and feel, don't get hung up by numbers they are only a guide line ????

I'm so glad I read this thread because the above comment is exactly what I needed to read today. I'm 5'4" 172 lbs. I'm happy with the progress I've made, but not yet where I want to be. I know that lifting weights will give me the body I want but I continue to chase after losing pounds through cardio. It's vanity, I guess. I don't want to weigh 172 pounds and I know my weight won't change much if I switch back to more weights/less cardio. Anyway, the comment I quoted helped me because that person is only 8 lbs less than me but three sizes smaller. So I have to ask myself if I want to weigh less or be smaller and have a better shape.
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    I think that it all depends on what you want to look like. For example, I am 5'5" and 166 lbs and wear a solid size 10 and some 8's. I am solid with extra weight in my belly. My goal weight is 155 but unless I loose it all in my belly area, I may get too thin for my tastes...but who knows! So, to answer your question, I would be TICKLED pink...over and over again!!!
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    ^THIS!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!