The dangers of eating Fruit Loops

Options

Replies

• daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    Mmm I am more of a Lucky Charms girl myself. But yeah, what a load of nonsense - no food is “garbage". Nothing wrong with cereal and I love having a bowl as a snack. Sheesh.

This post just made me want Lucky Charms. :p
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    My son is sensitive to dyes. He's sent off the wall for days after eating too much artificial dyes.

But I'd be more likely to kill him than the cereal (Yes, I'm kidding, no, I would never kill my child - in case my sarcasm font isn't working today).
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Mmm I am more of a Lucky Charms girl myself. But yeah, what a load of nonsense - no food is “garbage". Nothing wrong with cereal and I love having a bowl as a snack. Sheesh.

Sorry not sorry? They’re so good, right? And fun! I love the colourful marshmallow bits! They just make me smile. :blush:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who saw these and closed the link?
    4yfbgzjmh9oz.jpg
    m5966pfaafgl.jpg
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    brqe4ssn2get.jpg

Froot Loops with icing! :*
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    If someone wants to write an article about the dangers of a particular cereal, they should interview the roof of my mouth about what Cap'n Crunch did to it when I was 12. Brutality I tell you. Brutality.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    If someone wants to write an article about the dangers of a particular cereal, they should interview the roof of my mouth about what Cap'n Crunch did to it when I was 12. Brutality I tell you. Brutality.

I had some last week and am still feeling it.
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tikibar72 wrote: »
    The only danger I've encountered in eating 'Loops has been wanting another bowl.

So true. Favorite childhood cereal. I still buy them, and once in a while I'll have a bowl. My boyfriend loves them, and my niece calles them the colored cereal :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    can I get back the five minutes of my life I spent reading that...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Rukia_K wrote: »
    Sad but true :/ Most of the cereals pushed at kids, even the supposedly healthy ones, are full of various sugars (refined/cane/molasses/honey/agave/coconut blossom etc etc)
    The manufacturers bang on about added vitamins/minerals thereby confusing parents with their mumbo-jumbo about vitamin/mineral deficiencies and therefore promote cereals as a substitute for a healthy diet.

so what? I ate coco puffs daily when I was a kid and I came out fine.

• ndj1979
    Options
    kalbo798 wrote: »
    It's funny how the answer to these garbage foods with little to no redeeming nutritive value is always moderation. Well gee, if 70% of the country is overweight or obese obviously the moderation message isn't reaching the masses. The solution to avoiding addictive garbage isn't not to buy it. No that's far to simple. The solution then, according to MFP users, is to ingest garbage in smaller increments, that way everything will work out just fine!

please explain how fruit loops are addictive....
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    kalbo798 wrote: »
    It's funny how the answer to these garbage foods with little to no redeeming nutritive value is always moderation. Well gee, if 70% of the country is overweight or obese obviously the moderation message isn't reaching the masses. The solution to avoiding addictive garbage isn't not to buy it. No that's far to simple. The solution then, according to MFP users, is to ingest garbage in smaller increments, that way everything will work out just fine!

You should pay closer attention to the profiles of the people who claim moderation is the key....they are usually (not always, but usually) the ones with the most success.
    (btw, I practice moderation...I had pizza for breakfast today)

Ding ding ding!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I hate blog articles. I could write a blog stating the sky was green...doesn't make it true.

This X 10000 - I've seen 'healthy' granola based cereal with just as much sugar etc. I'm so incredibly sick of all the vilification of foods, food groups, brands of food etc. Bottom line, it's not the cereal company's business to make smart decisions for what goes into Children's bellies. It's parents. Also, as an Adult, Fruit Loops are delicious and I will eat them if I want to. In moderation. Like any sane and smart human would regarding a food choice.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Sorry not sorry? They’re so good, right? And fun! I love the colourful marshmallow bits! They just make me smile. :blush:

The trick is to get as many marshmallows as possible to "fall" into your bowl. They should take a note from Cap'n Crunch and do an "Oops all marshmallows" version. Let's just be honest about why we're eating it :D lol!
  • Emilia777
    Options

The trick is to get as many marshmallows as possible to "fall" into your bowl. They should take a note from Cap'n Crunch and do an "Oops all marshmallows" version. Let's just be honest about why we're eating it :D lol!

HAHAHA. Well, we can’t help it if gravity favours marshmallows… I love the way you think :smiley::love:
  • faegirl22
    faegirl22 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

We have costco boxes of it in the pantry, my husband loves it! I'll have it for breakfast sometimes on weekends, gotta love them marshmellows!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    It's Froot Loops. And, just like every other food, it's fine in moderation.

Now I want a bowl of Froot Loops. Thanks a lot...
  • Emilia777
    edited June 2015
    Options
    faegirl22 wrote: »

We have costco boxes of it in the pantry, my husband loves it! I'll have it for breakfast sometimes on weekends, gotta love them marshmellows!

Wooot Team Marshmallows! :smile:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I always preferred coco puffs over fruit loops....or capn crunch peanut butter...that was the bomb! and somehow, I am still alive....!!