"12 Weeks Weightloss Challenge" All Welcome

Options

Replies

• sinnybri
    sinnybri Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Name: Sinéad
    CW: 14st 1lb (197lb)
    12 week weight goal: 12st 7lb (22lb loss)
    Weight in every Monday.
    Week 1: 13st 12lb
    Week 2: 13st 9lb
    Week 3: 13st 6lb
    Week 4: 13st 5lb
    Week 5: 13st 4lb
    Week 6: 13st 2lb
    Week 7:
    Week 8:
    Week 9:
    Week10:
    Week 11:
    Week 12:

Loss this week: 2lb
    Total weight lost: 13lb (1st 5lb since starting MFP)

Had a function Saturday evening and thought I had ruined my loss for the week so a 2lb loss is great!! I'm starting to feel great. I'm going to buy a new dress for a Christmas party this weekend and I'm actually looking forward to trying on dresses! I'm dreading the party food as its a sit down meal and I'm nervous about controlling calories but I'm just going to work hard all week and really try to work it off. I'm just going to enjoy the only night I have had out all year and try not to worry
  • izzy214
    izzy214 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Awesome Sinead. It feels so great and it truly makes you glow. Keep up the great work.
  • izzy214
    Options
    tt11070018fltt.gif

Prioritize Exercise

Exercise, whether it’s running, weight lifting, cycling, you name it, is the backbone of an effective weight loss plan. However, for the exercise to be part and parcel of your life, you are going to have to prioritize it; otherwise, you will be skipping the workouts, achieving no consistency.

Action Step
    Put your runs and workouts in your datebook and schedule them the way you schedule an important work meeting or family event. Give your training schedule the priority and the urgency it calls for, and you will achieve staggering consistency.
  • sinnybri
    Options
    izzy214 wrote: »
    Awesome Sinead. It feels so great and it truly makes you glow. Keep up the great work.

Thanks izzy! I added some people on MFP for support. It's really a journey but to me I'm not on a diet, I'm changing my lifestyle to be healthier. I don't have the support in the real world so the community here is great and especially this challenge! I find it really keeps me focused. X x

• saffysharmamfp
    saffysharmamfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Name: Saffy
    Height: 161 cms

Start weight: 1st October - 145.53 pounds
    Goal weight: 1st January - 132 pounds

1st October- 145.53 pounds
    8th October- 143.32 pounds
    15th October-141.12 pounds
    22nd October-141.12 pounds
    29th October- 141.12 pounds
    5 the November-141.12 pounds
    12th November -143 pounds
    17 th November-145.5 pounds
    24 th November-145.5 pounds
    1st December -
  • izzy214
    Options
    tt11072059fltt.gif

Keep Track of the Food you Eat

Knowing what you are eating, and most specifically how much calories you are taking in, is one of the most powerful tools when it come shedding weight. Although keeping track of every calorie you take in may seem time consuming, but it’s worth the effort.
    According to research, people who keep track of everything they consume can lose up to twice as much weight as those who don’t keep a food diary.

Tracking your calorie intake can help you shed light on the darker aspects of your diet habit and know for sure where you are falling short, and when you are starting to get off track. According to the study by the University of North Carolina, people typically tend to consume roughly an extra of 110 calories per weekend day, mainly from fat and alcohol.

Action Step
    Keep tabs on your daily eating habits. Keep track of your daily caloric intake by either using a journal, a food log or one of the many Smartphone apps that you can download for free.
    I usually use a food journal just like this one I found on Amazon. However, there are also plenty of free apps that you can put to use.
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hello to you all,

SW: 146.6lbs 13.10.2015
    GW: aiming for below 140lbs for New Year
    Weight in day: Tuesday

Week 0 (13.10.2015): 146.6 lbs
    Week 1 (20.10.2015): 145.7 lbs
    Week 2 (27.10.2015): 144.2 lbs
    Week 3 (03.11.2015): TOM
    Week 4 (10.11.2015): 144.2 lbs
    Week 5 (17.11.2015): 144.2 lbs
    Week 6 (24.11.2015): 144.2 lbs :smile:
    Week 7 (01.12.2015):
    Week 8 (08.12.2015):
    Week 9 (15.12.2015):
    Week 10 (22.12.2015):
    Week 11 (29.12.2015):
    Week 12 (05.01.2016):

Week Loss: 0 lbs
    NSV: I was able to fit in 2 pairs of pants I didn't used since April :smiley:
    I lost 1,2 inches from my hips, 0,8 inches from my tummy and 0,4 inches from my waist in 7 days :dizzy:

Total Loss: 2.4lbs

Kisses to you all
  • izzy214
    Options
    Going down in size is a great feeling and indicator of your good efforts. Keep it up! Awesome!
  • izzy214
    Options
    tt11072561fltt.gif

Plan in Advance

According to Dutch researchers, planning your responses to hunger and figuring out ways in advance to stay on track can help you shed the extra pounds faster. People who wrote list of “if,… then” statements (“If I’m hunger at 10 a.m, then I will have a handful of nuts as a snack) shed more pounds and stayed consistent with their diet regimes better than those who didn’t have a plan of action in advance.
    Looking ahead and coming up with solutions for hunger in advance can help you prevent poor food choices when you have a weak moment and/or when you are too hungry (and stressed) to think straight.

Action Step
    Plan healthy snacks for your weakest and troubled times, and keep switching them up every few weeks.
    You can also make a list of those bad timings where your diet tends to take a turn for the worst, then come up with healthier safe plans. For example, if you overeat on dinner, then have a snack before you sit for the meal.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Kinda forgot about updating in here :sweat:

Name: Sam
    Height: 5'4"

Start Weight (October 21st 2015): 156
    12-Week Goal Weight (January 13th 2016): 125

October 28th: 154.4
    November 4th: 155. Reckon I'm holding onto some water weight. Been slacking off at the gym.
    November 11th: ?
    November 18th: ?
    November 25th: 152... my progress could have been a lot better, but at least it's going down, I guess.
    December 2nd:
    December 9th:
    December 16th:
    December 23rd:
    December 30th:
    January 6th:
    January 13th:
  • sinnybri
    Options
    That's such a good tip izzy! I know my worst time of day is the evening when the kids are in bed and my partner works away I'm not sure if it's loneliness or boredom. I used to just snack all evening until I went to bed.
  • izzy214
    edited November 2015
    Options
    THE STRESS STARTS! for me. It will be non stop until after the New Year. I am going to need a lot of help. ;) and Asprin
  • sinnybri
    Options
    NSV- lost another two inches off my hips and a total of 11" off hips waist and thighs in the last few weeks. I haven't been measuring myself as long as I've been weighing so I couldn't say how many inches I have lost since the start of my journey but my old clothes that didn't fit me starting this challenge are starting to feel lose. So I've dropped two sizes
  • izzy214
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations Sinnybri!
  • izzy214
    edited November 2015
    Options
    tt11073688fltt.gif

Fill Half of your Plate with Vegetables

The importance of veggies is a no brainer. However, when it comes to actually eating more veggies, most people fall short.

Action Step
    Fill half of your plate at every meal with vegetables of your own choosing, then fill the other half with lean protein and whole grains. This is the most practical advice that can help you load up on veggies, and will definitely help you curb craving and feel fuller for longer.
  • izzy214
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Be healthy, Be safe and enjoy your day.
  • izzy214
    Options
  • izzy214
    Options
    tt11075064fltt.gif

Develop Healthy Habits
    When it comes to losing weight and keeping it off for good, building long-life healthy habits is the way to go. Sustained weight loss is all about building and developing healthier habits. They are the backbone of optimum fitness and health.
    However, changing habits is tricky, and trying to change them all overnight is the recipe for failure.

Action Step
    Don’t try to change your life overnight. Instead, adopt the gradual approach by changing one habit at a time.
    Here are 3 simple steps to follow:
    • Start small and set clear and concise rules for a set habit.
    • Build a ritual around the new habit,
    • Then stick to the ritual for at least a month.
    That’s enough time for it to turn into a habit and become a part of your new lifestyle. For example, if you‘d like to eat more vegetables, then add at least three different veggies to your menu each day.
  • izzy214
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone
    If you are like me, you are on a food hangover. Yep! The next day dread. It's still Thanksgiving weekend and probably you are still going to family or friends for a get together. There will be food, drink and that "Oh boy, I can't believe I ate the whole thing." Its hard when the holidays are here with one event, parties,etc. are now planned every weekend. Its a Month long eating, drinking and missed exercise days.
    What can we do?
    Well. pace yourself and plan ahead. Unless you are super committed you are going to over do it. If you do. Get back on track and focus. Work even harder to rid yourself of those extra calories and picture the scale in your head before you take the first bite. Is it worth it? We still have less than a month before Christmas and we still can lose at least 10 pounds. So hang in there and stay focused. <3
  • flower135246
    flower135246 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Start Weight (November 22, 2015): 159.8
    12-Week Goal Weight (Feb 22, 2016): 148

Week 1: 11/22/15: 159.8 (start)
    Week 2: 11/29/15: 157.8 (-2.0)