I did it for the cosplay - 7 month maintenance check in

Options
UmmSqueaky
UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
So, a few years ago, a friend took me to my very first geek convention. I fell in love with the culture, the people, and most of all the costumes. Over the years, I slowly waded into the costume (aka cosplay) scene myself. While I had fun, seeing pictures of myself made me cringe.

Hovering around my highest weight, 195-205:

14565894351_effb1f149a_o.jpg

That was July 2013. It took 5 more months and one more convention worth of pictures I didn't want to look at for me to kick off my journey here on MFP.

This convention time last year, 155 lbs:

2yloacw.jpg

And this last weekend, maintaining 7 months after reaching my goal weight, 120 lbs:

10rs7sn.jpg

One year of solid logging on MFP retrained my brain in regards to how much (or really how little) food my body requires. I've been doing well without weighing food and logging. I weigh myself several times a week and make sure that the weight doesn't slowly creep up. I've made fitness a part of my daily routine - I bike commute year round, even in the depths of the Minnesota winter. This wasn't a diet that was done when I hit my goal weight - it's a lifelong journey I am continually walking every single day. As always, there is room for improvement. Work has gone insane this year, so my time at the gym as has been non existent. After Ramadan, I'm planning to get back and work with a trainer in the weight room. But, so far, so good. I do plan to be fabulous and fit at con next July. And the July thereafter. And the one after that.

Replies

• MJ_Watson
    MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!! I can't wait to revisit some of my past cosplays at goal weight. :)
  • smg92907
    smg92907 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! And amazing dedication biking in Minnesota winter, brrr!
  • refinley2
    refinley2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    LIV MOORE!!!
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    OMG im working on a cosplay body for my character. you look awesome!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great :)
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Cosplay cosplay cosplay! :love: You did fantastic! I'm leaning out for Princess Mononoke and for comic book Blink after.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    ha ha, I have similar motivations :) I can get away with some things, but for the really interesting cosplay ideas I have in mind there needs to be less of me.

Well done!
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow. :) Awesome progress and awesome cosplay pictures!
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You look great! I love the Supernatural and Ms. Marvel cosplays the best <3 Congrats on a job very well done!
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look fab! Love your Liv cosplay!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who! I love all the cosplay I've seen at cons, but I've been the same way..wanted to wait until I get to my goal weight to start doing costumes. I love it..how awesome!
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Love the Supernatural Cosplay - I just watched that episode last night with the auction LOL!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Great story! Love all the pictures. Awesome job on your weight loss!
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Very inspiring!
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great post! I have to wear costumes when I perform with the band, can't wait till I look good doing it!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Nice shots! Miss you kiddo!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. I've always wanted to cosplay, but I've never had the guts. You look great and do a wonderful job on the costumes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!