Have you changed your original Goal Weight? Up or down?

Options

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I changed my goal down after I got to my first goal of 190. I thought I should just go ahead and lean out a little more before I go into maintenance/recomp mode. I don't want to bulk much, but 180 should be my "low" weight, then I want to put back on some more muscle.

What weight will I end up at? I don't know.... I'm guessing 190-195. Whatever weight makes me feel like I'm in butt kicking shape again. :)
  • NeonStrikeVi
    NeonStrikeVi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My original goal was 12st but I'm slightly less than that now. Focusing more on eating healthily mixed with cardio and strength training for a better body :) .
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I knew I wanted to reach the goal weight on my 25 year old (still valid) driver's license which was 135 lbs. I'm within a few pounds of that, but looking at my body, I probably need to adjust down maybe 10 pounds. Now that I am close to my original, I think this new goal is a reasonable one that I can reach in a few months. :)
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Yes couple of times i changed.

I started at 261.2 pounds wanting to get into the healthy range. ( which would be 150.2 lbs for my height)
    When the weight was falling off i went in my mind to if i only could get under that 200 mark.

When i was 210 i decided 180 is very easy to do lol
    At 199lbs i decided 160 lbs would be great and changed for the first time my goal weight really to 160 lbs

Closing to the 160 mark i went back to i want to be in the healthy weight range high or not i want to be around there

And now i am for some weeks and still losing weight very slowly because i slowed it down ( i eat as close as possible to maintenance level) and trying to discover or keep my weight in a range of 145 lbs i hope.

And still lose a bit but even when it takes me 3 years to get further down it doesn't matter. I am happy with the result and the body i have. Even with lose skin etc. I really dont mind.
    I feel fit and healthy and that was my goal! I enjoy my daily exercising again ( i was an athletic before) and i enjoy life.
    So that is the goal being happy and healthier.

95069916.png
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I've changed it - down.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Mine went down by 5kgs. I'm now about 4kg off it ,but have decided that maybe i'm more interested in focusing on how things look from now on, like when I get to the point where i'm feeling really happy with how I look naked, whatever weight that is, i'll be happy with. And it doesn't bother me if it's more than I originally intended.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed my goal weight, which is 128 lb, with a range of 126 - 130, but I am currently at 121 lb and have my goal set to gain a half pound a week.
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I changed my goal weight up 5#s. Original goal of 125 @ 5'2" was 2 #s more than my weight 40 years ago, so I randomly picked that. When I hit 130 ... all my clothes fit nicely, I felt great and the sacrifice to lose that last 5#s became too much. I cannot be happy for life on 1400 - 1600 calories a day. I enjoy food and cooking too much. So 130 is my sweet spot.

Recent checkup was excellent. BMI perfect (you might want to see the appropriate range for your situation).
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    my original goal was 140 and I reached that and after looking at my body I am now going to go for 130.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Mine is adjusted up by ten pounds, or just tossed out the window. I am 5'7" and around 145 lb. have had "135" in my mind my whole adult life, but after lifting heavy and doing CrossFit for almost a year, I just realized today that my skinny jeans are now baggy and I haven't lost any weight. I have been maintaining my weight for 6 months on an average of 2200 calories while getting noticeably leaner. Hurray for lifting! I love what it is doing for my body, and it's taken quite a while to accept that the number on the scale is not going to go down but I am still getting the body I want. It's kind of a mind-*kitten*. I will keep logging because I love the data and don't want to gain, but my size and appearance trumps scale weight any day.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing your changes and stories. Very helpful!

Ruthee,

Thanks for the plank suggestions. Will give it a try :)

Hugs,

Jean
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I didn't change my goal.

I was 77 kg, wanted to reach 68 kg which is right in the middle of a healthy BMI and which was a weight for more than 20 years.

I reached 68 kg then went on losing a bit more without meaning to, down to 65 kg.

I've been maintaining for 2 years now but unfortunately my weight has inched up slowly to now 72 kg so I'm back at weighing my food to lose those 4 kg again!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    My goal is around 114, but I've never been able to stay below 120. I got to 118 for a couple of weeks last year. To really lose, I have to eat around 1000, and when I tried that, I felt lousy, fatigued all the time, and my nails became brittle. I work out quite a bit, so I've decided to maintain at 120-123, eat at maintenance, and do a recomp. I feel a lot better eating at maintenance. I'm short, 5'1.5" and I know lots of women my size who weigh in the low 100s or less, but at my age (57 next week!), I just can't seem to get there without starving myself. Also, I have a larger body type, despite my height -- big shoulders, hands, and feet.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started at 170, am currently at 156, and have a goal of 120. I am 5'7" and have been putting on weight steadily for a decade, but freaked when I put on 30lbs in 2014...I want to drop back to where I was when I was in the best shape I've ever been in. I see 120 as a goal for losing and I hope I can get there by my birthday in May. I would like to then put 10-15 back on in just muscle next summer.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP I was 205 lb with a gw of 125. Since then I have changed my gw to be 117. My ideal range would be 117-122. Cw is 171.
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Keep changing mine down in the hope that it'll clear up the weird pockets of squishy fat that I have left on my tummy after losing nearly 90 pounds.

My original goal weight was 75 kilos. Reached that in the summer of 2015, and maintained for a couple of months. Decided to go for 70 kilos.
    Now at 72 kilos and still got plenty of chub left.
    Aiming for 66 ish kilos which puts me right in the middle of the healthy weight range. I really don't think I can go lower than that without looking gaunt, but I said that about 75 kilos too!
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So originally I set my goal weight at 130 with a range of 128-132 in my mind. I got to 130 in Sept 2014 and over the following few months figured out my best daily maintenance calorie intake to be around 1600.

In spite of that, I ended up dropping more weight hitting low of 123 - not a good weight, too low. I stayed in the 124-126 range for several months during a particularly rough emotional patch (I tend to lose appetite under heavy stress). Now life has balanced out and I'm back in the 128-130 range. This includes a few days going over maintenance each week (nothing too crazy though). And with my being out of remission, I am also less active.

Thing is, I got used to seeing those lower numbers on the scale, even though I didn't think it would be sustainable or healthy. Yet, I find myself having trouble adjusting to and being content with my current maintenance weight. Make sense?

Anyway, just wanted to share,

Jean
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    I adjusted mine. Originally it was going to be 135 +/- 3. I kept losing and I think I am maintaining at around 129 so I have changed my goal to 130 +/- 2. I seem to fluctuate around 2 pounds and I don't really want to go any lower.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My target was 146lbs, which took my bmi to 24.9 and declared me to be or a "healthy" weight.
    i hit that, decided i quite liked what i saw in the mirror and set a new vanity target of 138. i am 2lbs off that target now, and finding it harder than dropping down to my original target. i am not a very vain person, so aiming for the vanity target has been difficult. also as summer us ended its difficult to achieve the 7000cal per week outdoor excercise i was was doing all summer
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Yes. I used to want to weigh 135, but I only really care about body fat now. I used to weigh 153 and be a size 8-10, got down to 142 at a size 6-8 (24% body fat), and now with more muscle I'm 151 and size 4-6 (17% body fat). Weightlifting completely changed my body and relationship with the scale.