Do you workout when you're sick?

Hello all! I've have been doing very well with my workouts. I have lost 42lbs in total so far and I have lost many inches from all over! I know I still have a long way to go. I started the p90 yesterday and wouldn't you know, I woke up today stuffy, head pounding itchy throat ect.. Should I push through that and exercise or rest my body? I look forward to all your advice! Thanks in advance! Sandy.

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    I don't workout when I'm sick.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Nope. I give my body a rest to help it get well. Just keep your calories under with your food intake and you'll be fine.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Generally I do work out when I am sick. It helps me to feel better.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'll try to burn out a cold with a hard workout when I feel it just starting but not when I'm already sick. Then I let my body rest.
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    I try not to stop because it's hard for me to get back to it. So if I can't do anything intense, I'll at least try a walk. If I can't stand low intensity, then I really am sick and need to rest.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Rest when sick with a cold or flu. Stick within your calorie goals as much as possible, but give your body a chance to recuperate, or you may end up out of commission for even longer. Sometimes you just gotta pull up the blanket, eat your soup and turn on the Netflix!
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Depends on what's wrong...a sinus infection will knock me down completely, but with a cold I'll adjust as needed.

With respect to cardio like running, I've always heard that above the neck is ok to run, but anything chest related not to run.
  • bluebutterfly6
    bluebutterfly6 Posts: 26 Member
    Thank you all so much for the great advice! , I usually get bronchitis at this time every year. And it usually knocks me out for quite some time. It might be due to my sleep apnea and my machine I'm not sure. Truly hoping that when all the weight is gone the sleep apnea will possibly go away and then I won't have to deal with this anymore. I think for today I will do the low impact because I'm not feeling too horrible I won't do anything that will get me out of breath. And then I will see how tomorrow goes. I will definitely keep my calories low!