What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Broccoli chicken Alfredo with heavy cream sauce and shirataki noodles yumklbme71zjuoe.jpeg

Great idea I'm always looking for new ways for those noodles!! Thanks
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    I made radish "potato chips" over the weekend. Fried in lard & sprinkled with sea salt. I served these w/ leftover ribeye I sliced thin & warmed with sauted mushrooms & provolone.

kht3gvy1gglx.jpg

Think I'll try these. Have a bag of radishes I need to use up and I'm the only one that eats them.

• JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    don't let your oil go above 350f, takes about 10 min for them to brown/crisp!
  • SoosannahK
    @JodehFoster tried your radishes today and they were awesome. Used coconut oil instead of lard since the smallest thing of lard my local grocer sells is a 5lb tub!! Reminded me of fried yellow squash. Don't think I sliced mine thin enough as some weren't as crisp as the other, but still yummy.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    SoosannahK wrote: »
    @JodehFoster tried your radishes today and they were awesome. Used coconut oil instead of lard since the smallest thing of lard my local grocer sells is a 5lb tub!! Reminded me of fried yellow squash. Don't think I sliced mine thin enough as some weren't as crisp as the other, but still yummy.

Good thinking on the coconut oil! I have a 5# tub of lard, but it never goes bad lol
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK wrote: »

Good thinking on the coconut oil! I have a 5# tub of lard, but it never goes bad lol

I almost bought it, but we live in an apartment and our kitchen is tiny so really no where to store it. They are supposed to have the 1lb blocks but I have yet to see them.

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    This thread is always inspiring!
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Grand turkey club from Arby's -bun

cca8y2zp965bo.jpeg
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    I kinda throw my recipes together. Shirred eggs are just baked eggs, usually in cream/butter or a sauce like the creamed peas...just bake until eggs are set. I reduce heavy cream on the stove until it thickens to my liking, (reduce by half) & season w/ fresh nutmeg, white pepper, thyme (fresh & ground), salt. That's the base for my creamed peas, spinach or even better, kale. Just stir in leaves that have been wilted & drained. I also saute shallots & add to that as well. I cook for two of us & only make enough for each meal, I don't really have measurements.

Yeah, gruyere is a type of hard swiss, awesome melted on ham too!

Chiles Rellenos:

4-6 Large Poblano Peppers
    Monterey Jack Cheese – shredded
    Chicken or Pork – cooked, pulled, diced, leftovers, whatevs (meat is optional, usually made with cheese only)
    Cilantro, Green Onion, Jalapeno – chopped

Roast peppers over a flame, either stovetop or grill until completely charred, place in bag & allow to steam for 10-15 minutes. Peel/clean the skins from the peppers, taking care not to tear them. I will run them under water to help rinse off the char. These can also be stuffed w/o charring/peeling if the skin does not bother you, will take a little longer in oven.

Mix equal parts cheese and meat, add cilantro/onion/peno to taste. Carefully make a cut down side of pepper & stuff with meat/cheese mixture.

Pour sauce below (or salsa seasoned with a pinch of cinnamon) into an iron skillet or baking dish, 1-2 cups, enough to cover bottom of pan. Place stuffed peppers in pan on top of sauce, cut-side up. Sprinkle more shredded cheese over top. Bake in pre-heated 400f oven for 10-15 min or until bubbly.

Mexican Tomato Sauce for the Chiles Rellenos (super easy to make if you have a blender):

• 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped (or canned whole peeled tomatoes, drained)
    • 1/4 medium yellow onion
    • 6 cloves garlic
    • 5 sprigs fresh cilantro
    • 1 jalapeno (with seeds)
    • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (preferably Mexican)

In a blender, combine all the ingredients and puree until smooth.
    Transfer the tomato puree to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until slightly thick, about 10 minutes.

This sauce is incredible if you have the time to make it. I make it in large amounts and can it in pint jars, perfect amount per meal.

Yield: about 3 cups

I'll definitely be trying this too! Thanks
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    obhypn0wua3u.jpg

A latte with the Fairlife reduced carb milk!
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2015
    Tonight we're having keto chciken fried rice ! Turned out great. Not very pretty though jq0fn24psoit.jpeg
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    This is my open faced two egg omelette with melted cheddar on top. Day 2 of an Egg Fast. hukivj7e4qeb.jpeg
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Great idea! I'll be all over this tomorrow!
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    I don't know how to post pictures yet, but I had 3 BBQ ribs and a salad made of lettuce, tomatoes, fried bacon and shredded white cheddar/gruyere blend cheese. The salad was drizzled with truffle flavor olive oil and acv. It was delicious
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    i7colu7etyh0.jpeg

I'm all about basic cooking. Keep it simple as possible.
    I cooked some bacon.
    I cooked some cut up chicken in the bacon grease.
    I browned some garlic in some butter and coconut oil in a pan, added about 3-4oz HWC, stirred as it bubbled and slightly thickened. Then added some 5 cheese Italian blend shredded cheese. (Maybe 1/4 to 1/3 cup). Kept stirring til incorporated.
    Put some thawed, frozen broccoli in a baking dish. Put chicken on top of that. Crumbled about 6 pieces of bacon all over that. Then dump the cheese sauce on all of it. Throw it in the oven til the broccoli is hot. About 15 minutes.
    I topped it with a touch more cheese as I plated it too.
    Freakin' awesome!

Oh my so gonna try that!
  • jemcult15
    jemcult15 Posts: 17 Member
    9g77oxxgbdcc.jpeg

I really wanted McDonald's, my go to hangover food. So, my version of a big-Mac minus the bun!