Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @bluepoppies777 How was the hike with the pup?

@health_guard Great photos of your furry family members! They're so cute!

@FitEqualsSmile Congrats on getting the crazy weekend behind you! Now you can finally focus on you!

I'm back at work today after my amazing relaxing day yesterday. Started off the day with good healthy food and all my meals are prepped this week so I am ready to rock it! My social calendar is now under control so I can truly get my butt into gear.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes. BF's mom seems to be doing fine now. They let her come the same day. I am still stiff and sore, but I will get better. Was really disappointed I didn't get to help with the move or unpacking stuff this weekend. The BF did awesome and got a ton unpacked, but I still have a bunch to unpack. I was impressed I lost 3 pounds last week. Doubt I will lose much this week, as I am sure I won't be getting any serious exercise in. Shrug I will see how I feel each day.

Everyone else seems to be doing a great job.

Rachel great job sticking through it.

@FitEqualsSmile Half a pound weight gain isn't bad at all. Especially with the week of cookie hell, and the party.

@ dana the kitchen looks amazing, my 5 year old saw the picture and said how pretty it is, and wanted our kitchen to look like that.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    HA! Karen, my body and my fat are REALLY good friends! LOL! I like that one. :) Nice that the grad party is over, and things will get back to normal now. We just have to take the ups and downs, and keep trying to succeed! you are doing awesome.

I did get the dog out for a hike, it was about 95 degrees last night, and felt humid, so the one hour walk/hike felt hard! The dog was panting like crazy - hard to be in a fur coat in that weather! But she loved it! I aaalmost didn't go, was making excuses in my head. But then got serious with myself and said I was going to do it no matter what, and once I got my running shoes on and got out the door it was easy to do the full hour. Sometimes we have to give ourselves a talking to, I guess!

I asked my hubs if he would do those abs/push ups/plank challenges with me and he said yes, so we are going to start tonight! We don't start work at the same time, so there's no way to do it in the mornings. So tonight will be day 1. I looked at the apps more closely and they look awesome! Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement!

What is everyone doing for exercise today? I am either going to do a bike ride tonight, or another walk/hike. I've also got beautiful salmon fillets for dinner, with rice and salad. I'm so glad we are all feeling more on track, knowing you guys are trying really hard is really helping me, and making me more accountable! yeah team! <3
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Changesisadecion: Hope the pinterest drink night was a success! Sounds like a fun idea!! The heat in WI is ridiculous as well. Seemed to cool off some yesterday but the humidity is suppose to be back today. =(

Joy: Alaskan cruise!! Jealous!!! That will be awesome! Summer is hard for a gym membership! I usually do the same thing as I like being outside and working out instead in the summer.

Karen: 3.2 lbs away! That’s great! Keep up the good work! Nice Meme! Glad the party was a success!!

Nicole: Refrigerator pickles are basically cucumbers, cut up in a sugar, vinegar mixture with some spices etc. Yum! My daughter loves them! I even take them kayaking when we go! I was wondering the same thing about the ab & plank app?! Thanks!

Rachel: Great job on derailing the negative train!!

Jdelaroy: Great NSV! Hope the move went well! Sorry to hear about the accident… Yikes! Hope you are feeling better today!

Dana: the kitchen looks amazing!!

So WI is sweltering hot! Thursday night I was suppose to play volleyball but it was cancelled due to 6” of rain! Yes, 6”! Yikes! Friday, my daughter, her friend Joey and I went to a swimming hole with waterfalls and we played and hiked all day!! I have a chest cold, probably due to the heat and the air conditioning. Our air is on the fritz as well, so on the weekend, I did not do very good exercising. I just wanted to stay cool (hard to do without air). I have skipped the scale yesterday and today and will weigh in on Friday. Yesterday Lexi and I went for a nice long walk. Tomorrow we are going kayaking again! Yay! Friday, I have the day off to catch up with my craft projects that I need to make for everyone else! I have some birthday/wedding presents to do and a fundraiser project. Should be a busy day! Also, want to paint my new closet doors… Yuck! I hate painting! Hoping to get in a bike ride tonight, if it is cool enough! Our Central air will get fixed in the next week or so, so Wi should cool off and I won’t need it! LOL! Have a great day!!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Joy - I changed my profile picture to my exercise today. Really bad picture but you get the idea, lol. It was from my ariel yoga class. I love the hanging upside down part.

Shy - have fun kayaking. At least it will cool you down.

Today should only be about 85 so I am thinking I am going to take the dogs for a walk. I have been skipping this as they are black and by the time we get our 3 miles in they are about to drop. Tomorrow we are back to 90 but then we are in the low 80's so I am thinking the AC is going to take a break for a while. I can not image what my electric bill is going to be this month.

Jimmine I just got an email from Athleta about fall styles. Hold on a little will yea, summer is still here.

Have a great day everyone. Off to find some lunch.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Bootcamp went well last night. I actually jogged a little and my leg didn't hurt! It was another sweat fest!! Hope everyone is doing well.

g18zdhhhk88o.jpg
  • MeinProgress
    MeinProgress Posts: 77 Member
    @ChangeIsADecision - I love you bootcamp pics
  • ChangeIsADecision
    A little Motivation I heard at lunch: You can either power up and take positive action or you can sit, wear your poutty pants and be negative. This is the fork in the road - which way will you go... ?
    •♦ Every time you make a decision (be it positive or negative) you are going to get more of what you give!! ♦•
  • ChangeIsADecision
    @ChangeIsADecision - I love you bootcamp pics

Thanks Me. ☺♥
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    So much for getting exercising in today. I have been at the fair since I worked 8 hours and got off at noon. It is 4:35 and will b here until 6. I know what ur thinking. I will get a lot of steps in. Nope not me. I am sitting on my *kitten* selling admittion tickets for cassidys high school softball. I would walk around when I am done but by that time I will have been gone from my house for 14 hours and I have to pee so flipping bad right now :#
  • bluepoppies777
    Karen, cool pic from aerial yoga! So awesome that you have that in your city!!
    Shy, kayaking and pickles sounds like a dream to me!!!! Lol! We really are twins!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    @ngolden3320 - sounds like a very busy day - hope it was enjoyable for all the hard work!

@ShyCush6 - hope you have fun with the kayaking and that you make good progress with your craft work - it's so hard to find the time to do this kind of thing but so worth it when it does happen.

@bluepoppies777 - good luck with the challenges, it's great that you've got your husband on board to do them as well - nothing like a bit of company and competition!

@jdelaroy - wow, hope you are on the right track to feeling better - that accident sounds nasty. Glad that the BF's mum is on the mend as well and sounds like you have great people around to help out. And as for your 5 year old wanting the nice kitchen - well no pressure there then!!

@Rachel0778 - sounds like your mental health day really worked well for you. I've got a day off next friday and I'm planning a mix of things - want to get out and do a load of work in the garden, get some more done on Alistair's blanket - and I've got a couple of new books so I'm determined to get some time curled up on the sofa reading!

Nothing much happening here and it's raining so not the best. Glad that it has cooled down a little bit though - I'm not good in really high temps. Going to make myself a cup of tea - have a good day all!
  • MeinProgress
    MeinProgress Posts: 77 Member
    YAY. - NSV - finally got my fat *kitten* out of bed early enough to get a run in. First time I've ran since the whole mess with my OH started. Take that stress!!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @jdelaroy 3lbs?! Way to go!!!

@bluepoppies777 Great job with the awesome food choices and the exercise. I love salmon so I'm drooling over your dinner. For exercise I had my awesome kickboxing class last night. Slowly but surely I'm starting to get the hang of it!

@ShyCush Sounds like you have a great week ahead. 6 inches though, holy cow! I hope nothing flooded!

@FitEqualsSmile I love your new profile picture! You look so strong and athletic!

@ChangeIsADecision Great bootcamp selfie! I'm glad to hear your leg is feeling better

@ngolden3320 That makes for one heck of a long day. Don't beat yourself up too much. Today hopefully you get some "me" time?

@janetay01 Sounds like you've got a great day planned for next Friday. You'll have to share your book recommendations!

@MeinProgress Boom! You kicked stress's butt! Way to go!

I have to go to my significant other's stupid work event this evening...grrr.... I am not a very good networker and I hate giving up my evenings. I pre-tracked the inevitably crappy food at the baseball game though so at least there's that (and planned ahead for ice cream because I'm 5 and need to bribe myself to be nice). Wish me luck!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Well this morning I am frustrated. Still not feeling great. I haven't walked or did any exercise. I could probably do a walk, but all the running around I have to do at lunch, and getting things done around the house I haven't had time to do anything. It is making me grouchy. I know have over an hour drive home every day. (Worth it, because my older daughter got to move back home and stay in a great school district for her Special Ed.) On the plus side, my little sister and dad went to pick up my new washer for me yesterday. They bought me a dryer to go along with the washer since I am so awesome they said.

My NSV for yesterday, I made dinner in the am, tossed it into the crock pot and had dinner ready to go home. A few months ago I would have just picked up McDonald's or some other fast food. Instead I had yummy fall apart pork loin, and sweet carrots and potatoes for very little calories. Saved enough calories that I got ice cream and was still under.

I am proud of all of you guys for hanging in there, staying tough, and doing your best on this journey.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    @health_guard - cute dogs!

@FitEqualsSmile - Glad your graduation party went well! I downloaded that 30 days app. I started all 8 challenges last night-hopefully I can get myself to stick with it! Ariel Yoga sounds fun-but you probably need more coordination than I have!

@Rachel0778 - Good job on the meal prep! It definitely helps having a plan with the meals! I usually come home from work every day and have to figure out what I have to make, and what can I throw together and make quickly. Hope you have a good time at the baseball game tonight, and enjoy that ice cream!

@jdelaroy - Nice 3 lb loss! That's awesome! Glad you had help from family on your move, and that you and your BF's Mom are doing better.

@bluepoppies777 - Awesome on getting out for that hike in the heat! It has been so hot & humid here I don't even want to go out! Your salmon dinner sounds delish!

@ShyCush6 - 6" of rain? Wow! It has been hot & rainy here too. I am ready to see the sunshine again! Kayaking sounds fun and its nice that you can do that with your daughter! We go to the beach almost every weekend and my kids have no interest at all. Hope you get your AC fixed soon!

@ChangeIsADecision - Great bootcamp pic! Way to stick with it. Love the motivation!

@ngolden3320 - busy day, but good for you for doing that for your daughter. Hopefully you get some time to relax today!

@MeinProgress - Great job on getting out for that run this morning! It starts the day off on a good note to get that workout first thing in the morning!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the kitchen. It is still a work in progress, but we are making some headway. We are trying to get this house done and on the market as soon as possible, so the next couple of weekends will be busy. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! Keep up the great work!
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Jdelaroy...don't get discouraged. You can only do what you can do.
    Look you Crock-Potted a meal instead of drive thru very proud of you. You made a great choice n it was time efficient too.
    Have a great day
  • bluepoppies777
    Hi ladies! Are we on a roll, or what?! We are all pre-tracking, planning dinners, staying healthy, and getting in our workouts. I love this! :)

Yesterday I started a new experiment - I changed my settings in my diary to 6 meals a day (meal 1, 2, etc instead of breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks). Obviously eating 6 small meals a day is nothing new - but I've never tried it. I used to ask "who eats small meals"??? (any number of them?) LOL! I'm eating the same amount of food as I was, just spreading it out throughout the day, and I really like it! I eat at 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm. That's two afternoon snacks, can't go wrong with that! Before I would eat larger meals 3 x a day (+snacks sometimes) and I would be super hungry/hangry by the next meal. I actually really like this because I'm not even really that hungry by the next meal! Anyway, thought I would mention it to you guys in case you wanted to experiment. My food diary is open, so you can check it out if you want...

Dana - glad you started the 30 day challenges too! I just did the abs, push up and plank ones...Started beginner level 1. Had to do 3 full pushups - almost DIED! LOL! My whole family decided to do it with me, and of course my 21 year old did 10 one handed pushups for that one. PFFFFFF! Show off! I also walked the dog again for an hour last night, it wasn't as hot out, so that was nice!

Let's keep positive, everyone! Have a great day!! xo
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    edited July 2016
    health_guard
    What and where is this app?