Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Hi all. Everyone is doing so well. I have been so busy at work these last two days that I'm sure it should b Friday already cause I'm exhausted. I will try and respond to everyone tomorrow. I'm in between volleyball scrimmage games. And don't want to miss anything. I had to miss the gym today. As the family was whining about having no food to eat. So I ran to grocery store. Then ran home unloaded and made a quick soft dinner (hubby had to go to dentist. And he's a big baby). Now I'm at volleyball game till about 8.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Happy Wednesday everyone!!
  • ngolden3320
    23x8x80eag9e.jpeg
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @health_guard That's some serious dedication, way to go!

@wishfuljune We played a really in-depth Sherlock Holmes game. It had a lot of literature and storytelling to try to piece together clues, it was a lot of fun! What are some of your favorites? Great job on the morning swims!

@ngolden3320 God I wish it was Friday. My boss's boss is in a mood and it's definitely trickling down. I'm looking forward to getting some separation from the office this weekend.

Last night was a lot of fun! And I'm proud of myself that I brought all the leftover cookies to share with the office today. I'm definitely tired again today but it was great to see friends and get to catch up!

I still have this nagging guilt about missing class. I know missing one workout won't do anything to hurt my weight loss, but the fear of gaining keeps creeping in. Does anyone else struggle with this?

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @janetay01 Yes, I am glad the Olympics are done as well. I did a lot of pacing while watching them to get my steps in.

@health_guard Way to handle all that stress, sounds like some hard work ahead. I bet you feel pretty accomplished after each project though. I am envious of your work out room.

@wishfuljune I wish I could swim. I am self taught, and can barely make it across a small pool. I love being in the water though.

@ngolden3320 Isn't amazing the things we do for our families. I am sure there was probably food in the house, just nothing they wanted. Hope the systems at work are behaving, and the next two days are smoother. Enjoy the volleyball.

@Rachel0778 Sounds like a blast! I am glad you got time to reconnect with friends. Being healthy isn't just about the body, it is important that you take care of your soul as well. So think of last night as a class for the soul. Making you a better, well rounded person. I completely understand the fear of gaining it all back. I fight that struggle every day.

Thank you everyone for the congratulations, I was very surprised. I was in such a great mood that I order pizza and wings. I thought I did well, I ordered thin crust, light sauce and cheese with chicken, onions and banana peppers. The wings I had been craving for almost 2 weeks. It was all so yummy I scarfed it down.. 1k calories for lunch.. who knew wings had so many calories. :( Then to top it off went and found a new mini van for me. (Now the whole family fits in one car) Took forever and got home late, no one felt like cooking so we went out for dinner. The BF decided on Philly Cheese Steaks. I had a chili one, it was so freaking awesome. Needless to say, I went over by almost 800 calories. Although this wasn't what I was aiming for, Sunday and Monday I was at a deficit. So for the whole week so far I am still under calories. I am going to be happy that I enjoyed some delicious food, and learn my lesson that hot wings, while delicious, are not worth the calories most days.

My NSV for yesterday: While on my extra long lunch walk, did 45 instead of 30, I actually ran for about a minute. I hate running, haven't run except for a few times here or there in years. I must be crazy.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,568 Member
    @Rachel0778 - We're kind of in love with this quick card game called Sushi Go! It's adorable. The cards are so cute, and you can get several rounds in with a lot of people in less than an hour. It makes for a quick card game if you want to play a few different games. We also like Phase 10, but that one can take a longer time because there are 10 phases you have to complete. It's a rummy-style game.

@jdelaroy - I am self-taught too! I practically grew up in a pool as a kid, so I'm not very good. My free-style could use a bit of work, but it felt great just doing laps. Everyone starts somewhere! :)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Health_guard: Sounds like you had quite the workout with the water damage… Glad much didn’t get ruined…
    Jdelaroy: WAY TO GO!!!! You rock!!! Nice loss lady!

Jane: Hope you are doing something fun next weekend!!

Rachel: Life makes you skip once in a while… it’s all part of it… you have to enjoy what you can… life is too short! I’m going to have to stop at Hyvee tonight and check it out!

June: Swimming… what a great workout!!

Nicole: Enjoy volleyball… Lexi’s starts next week! I hate grocery shopping… my least favorite task… I would go to the dentist a million times over grocery shopping… =(

I’m not having a great week… We are having a big party this weekend and I’ve been busy getting ready for that… My steps are not reflecting that I am not sitting down at night until 9pm… I feel like I should have 20K steps… Grrr! I was going to go for a walk this morning but rain doomed that… Hopefully I can get one in tonight before I start making dips & snacks tonight. I play volleyball tomorrow night, and the party is Friday so tonight is the night! TOM is not helping my cause this week either… nor is treat days at work… ugh! So far today has been good though!
  • ngolden3320
    Today's NSV. Hubby said this morning that my belly not only looked smaller it felt smaller. :)
  • Rachel0778
    @jdelaroy It's amazing how some foods like that add up, way to go on bursting into a run over lunch!

@ShyCush6 TOM is the worst! Great job planning extra activity around the craziness

@wishfuljune Thanks for the game recommendation, we'll have to try that out!

@health_guard Love the new photo! I agree completely that I miss my team when I'm not there.

@ngolden3320 Fantastic NSV!!! Glad he's enjoying your efforts too ;)

So...I must be insane. I signed up for an 8 hour race in November. You read that right...8 hours. A friend and I are going to run the first lap (7 miles) and then keep walking to see how far we can get for the remaining time. Wish me luck on making it through! Seriously, how do I even train for this?!
  • ngolden3320
    Rachel. Good luck on ur race. Sounds like fun. Can't help u w the trading though. But I got ur back in the support dept. LOL

@health_guard great pic. U are looking great.

@ShyCush6 your party sounds like fun. I used to play volleyball through work on a coed team. They stopped doing it and I really miss it. Guess I will just have to live through Cassidy. 1st real game tonight and she doesn't even go back to school until next Friday. Ugh. Yum. Red lobster is my favorite. Love the biscuits and the ultimate feast. We don't go but on special occasions and I am alway going to try something else. But always get the same thing. Oh well if it ain't broke don't fix it.

@jdelaroy great job on the loss this week. And I'm glad u enjoyed all the not so good for you food. Sometimes we need that and then we're done for a while. I find that now the cravings for bad food still come just not as often.

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    health_guard: Good for you... Glad you get to enjoy your new workout room!!

Nicole: Great NSV!! Hubby's rock... sometimes! ;) I usually order the same thing at Red Lobster too... I guess when you only get a treat once in awhile, you have to know it will be delicious!

Rachel: 8 hours... Wow! Good for you!! Sounds like it will be nice to have a friend along for the ride! You got this!

Crazy busy and a crazy week... Kind of looking forward to normalcy and starting late school next week,,

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Hi everyone! Wow, I had a lot to catch up on! I had a great weekend, and my brother and his family came to visit from out of town on Saturday (left this morning)... what a week. Lots of fun though - we set up our grass volleyball net on the lawn and played every evening (I'm old and not as fast as I used to be! LOL!), went to the beach, went shopping, had nice dinners. I think I'm having the most fun/best summer I have had in literally years. It seems like everything we do and everywhere we go, it's awesome! I love it. I'm happy to report that I am still behaving with the booze - this is seriously a new thing for me. ha! Usually I am quite a lush, in summer especially.
    My hubs took our younger son to Banff this morning until Sunday, so I have tons planned - going to see Bad Moms, ladies brunch, hike with a friend, pool party and dinners out! I"m not cooking a single thing while they are gone - WOO HOOO! freedom! My 21 year old can fend for himself!

It sounds like everyone is doing really well - smaller tummies, weight losses, lovely evenings in London (beautiful pic, Cari!), lots of exercise and swimming, and daily life stuff. Love it!
    Where I live, school doesn't start until Tuesday, Sept 6th, so summer is really winding down fast now! I have next week off work and will do all the rest of the fun stuff before it's back to the grind. I haven't weighed myself in weeks, but my clothes are still fitting fine. I know that I will be back at the gym and going hard starting the first day of school. For now I am going to have the most fun I can for the rest of the summer!
    Hope everyone has something fun planned this weekend, and something to make you sweat too! I biked to work, and will bike again tomorrow, hike Saturday and pool party, and I will find something to do on Sunday too!
    Keep up the good work,everyone! :)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    @bluepoppies777 - what a fab sounding weekend (and indeed summer) you sound like you are having. Jealous of your younger son going to Banff - we visited in the winter of 2007 as part of our honeymoon and had an absolute blast - it's such a gorgeous area. Enjoy your weekend off - your 21 year old can definitely fend for himself!

Rachel - yep, an 8 hour race does sound a little bit insane - good luck, you'll be great :)

@ngolden3320 - great NSV :)

Shy - hope the party planning is going ok. Sounds like you are doing your best to keep the steps and activity up - sometimes I think we just can't make it work for us every time so just do your best and you'll be back on track soon enough.

All I can say is 'thank heavens it's Friday'. This feels like it has been the longest week - I'm still coughing although not as much thankfully and Alistair has been out of nursery the last two days with an upset tummy. I was able to get my aunt for emergency childcare on Wednesday but needed to take a day out of work yesterday to look after him - he was getting better by then so, although really inconvenient for work, we had a really nice day! He's back in nursery today and all being well we will go swimming tomorrow. Then my father in law and sister in law come to visit Sunday and Monday - they live 4-5 hours drive from us so they don't get to see as much of Alistair as they would want - we are planning, if the weather holds, to take them to a rather nice open house and gardens on Monday - lots of space for Alistair to run around and a nice cafe for all of us! They go home on Tuesday morning and John and I then have the rest of the week off work - we have so many things on our to do list (some chores, some fun) - we will need to have a sit down and see what we can realistically achieve without completely wearing ourselves out!

Starting weight: 133.2
    Goal: 10lbs lost by December 2nd
    Current weight: 133lbs

So, it's not much of a loss but it's been a lousy few weeks so I think I'll take it as a win :)

Have a great Friday all and hope the weekend is good to us all.
  • Rachel0778
    @bluepoppies777 Welcome back! You've been doing a great job this summer with moderating alcohol and I'm glad to hear it's one of your best summers yet!

@janetay01 Hopefully everyone in your house is healthy all at once next week! You all must be building immunities like crazy!

@health_guard I'm leaping right there with you!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on the race. I'm just going to do my best, enjoy the outdoor hiking (because I am not in ultra-marathon shape...nor do I want to be) and have a good time!
  • Rachel0778
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Wow, I missed everyone's check ins. Sounds like things are going well for everyone.

@ngolden3320 Nice NSV, Love it when our loved ones appreciate the work we are doing.

@bluepoppies777 I am envious of your fun times, and this weekend sounds great too.

@rachel0778 An 8 hour run/walk sounds crazy to me, but fun too. My suggestions, would be to do a couple of days where you are walking for that long of a period or as much as you can. You probably will need to figure out logistics, bathroom breaks, food, water, sunscreen. All those great things.

I took off yesterday and did a 5 mile hike with the BF in the foot hills of the Rockies. So much fun. I was so proud of myself. First hike I have done in years. I even got to see some deer and a hawk. They were beautiful.

TGIF!!! and lets rock this weekend!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 370 Member
    Happy Friday Everyone! I check in here just about everyday on my coffee break, I usually don't have time to write a post, but wanted to let you ALL know how awesome you are. Baby steps this week, trying to drink more water, hitting steps(fitbit) trying to stay within calorie limits. Small loss on scale today, so baby steps are working!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Happy Friday!! I only worked Wed - Fri this week, so why did it feel so long? haha!
    Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. We will try to behave with the calories, and try to get in some good exercise!
    it5gy4qi38rh.jpg
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    So I'm still not quiet over the chest infection had 2 lots of antibiotics in 3 weeks and a week after finishing the last lot I still have a bit of a cough. I've been to the gym for the past 3 days though and managed 5k today for the first time ever! It took me an hour but I did it. I have done a total of 10k in the last 3 days and feel quiet good - thought I would feel a bit more achy but I don't. Have another trip to the gym planned for tomorrow morning
  • ngolden3320
    Well this weekend totally sucked in the food department. Went to a picnic sat and ate like I hadn't seen food in a month. Yesterday. Didn't eat a lot but didn't eat good foods either. Can someone say French fries. :'( Oh well time to start over again. Hope everyone has a great week.