Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Haha, there's a place called Central Valley in Canada not far, so I thought you're here :smiley: I'll be here 3 more months, then moving to England. I'll go visit Seattle and Portland in February though. Your pie sounds delicious!

I've been so consumed by uni assignments tonight, that I forgot to eat dinner. I have never forgotten to eat! However, since I've kick started weightloss again, I feel more productive in other areas of life too, did an assignment 1 day early and even started the next one. Shocked myself! haha

• gymprincess1234
    It's so quiet here, so I hope I'll post and everyone will too :D

Hi!
    It's week 2 day 5 of my new life as I call it or regular gym and tracking. :) Mood is improving and I feel mentally very back in the game! :) Also got a good sleep routine and low stress at the minute, so that works in my advantage.
    I've been very keen on elliptical cardio training and doing 15min strength training for arms, shoulders and back and 15min for legs, bum and abs. In this way I do cardio, both strength trainings and finish with cardio. If not feeling so energetic, just 30min session, on walk to the ocean.

Currently my only worry is my stomach, cause I can't figure out yet if it's extra fat or loose skin (that idea terrifies me!) , will just have to lose a bit more and see how it goes. My ultimate goal is to have a non-jiggly body.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    I'M BACK!!!!!!!

It's been an...odd...few months! Lol. The first like ten days of October sucked! I finished transitioning off my meds and then lost my job! Lol. So since then, I have been doing pretty much NOTHING. My mood has been pretty good(I suffer from bi-polar), but I lost all motivation, routine, and desire to do anything. And I mean anything. Literally. For example, while my DH will be working his shift at his job, I will spend 8 hours on some kind of social media. And I mean like Tumbler/Youtube/Facebook. Just doing completely nonsensical things. I haven't cooked a dinner in probably a month and before that, it was probably two months. We have been spending SO much money on takeout and convenience store crap! I haven't done a budget or a proper shopping list since October.

I am thoroughly disgusted with myself. And not because of how I look. I have actually lost about 15 lbs over the last 4 months and that was most likely a mix of coming off the meds and just a complete lack of a desire to eat. Not an "I'm starving myself" kind of thing but an "I just dont feel like eating" kind of a thing. Or I just dont even think about it until it's 7pm and I haven't had anything except about 8ounces of coffee and a bottle of water. Anyone is going to lose weight that way. I haven't had any desire to go on my walks like I used to. I haven't really done anything even remotely physically difficult at all, except for today! I lugged probably 60lbs worth of clothes to the laundromat and cleaned one of the two rooms of my house. That may not seem like a big deal but when I say that the clutter and garbage were almost as tall as I am(5' 6") it's not an exaggeration. It is probably completely unsanitary where we are living at the moment. Tomorrow and Wednesday(it will probably take two days) I am tackling the living/dining/kitchen room. It actually took a lot of strength to get up and get this room clean. But GOD did it feel GOOD to actually be DOING something! Not just sitting around and staring at my phone. It was really nice. I can sleep well tonight knowing that I accomplished something that I had put my mind to. There is still A LOT to be done, but it will be done!

After a lot of self-inspection, prayer and talking to my doctor, mom and DH I have decided to go back on my meds. I dont like how I have been. I want to get back to where I was. And I think the first step in doing that is coming back to the boards and jumping back in and rekindling my friendships with people here!

So I'M BACK!!!!
  • gymprincess1234
    @HGSmith0920 Good on you for admitting there is an issue, addressing it and taking steps in the right direction!
    I've felt quite the same the past 4 months, but somehow pushed through and got some *kitten* done, now mentally getting better and finally felt like could come back here too! Happy new year to you!
  • HGSmith0920
    @gymprincess1234 Happy New Year to you too! I am actually really excited for the coming months! To finally feel right again and get back into the routine of...my life. Lol!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    Morning, Hope everything is going well for you all!
    Things are going pretty good so far! I have increased my water consumption, logged every day for 16 days now (Woo hoo) I have gone over on cals a couple of days, but because I'm actually logging everyday I'm aware of my stats. The scale shows a loss AGAIN this week! I have not had a loss two weeks in a row before! I know weight loss is linear and that there will be weeks of gains and over all the scale should move in a downward pattern. Next step is to get off my butt, and add exercise!!! Have a great week everyone!
  • gymprincess1234
    Morning!
    2 weeks done this year! So chuffed with myself, mostly not by the gym going, tracking and maintaining a deficit, but with being sane about it!
    My stomach has shrunk,so that helps with hunger too.

I have a free swimming pool and sauna access, but still feeling too body conscious to go. I hope a couple more weeks of losing and I will make it to the pool, cause water could really help with skin I think.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    edited January 2018
    This week kicked the workouts out to the "highly intense" program (got it from my trainer Monday night so started it on Tuesday). Definitely kicking my butt, but painful in a good way! This program should keep me busy for the next 4-6 months I'd guess. Right now, lower weights, lower reps, will be awhile until I'm more at "max" on those LOL.

Also appreciating the heart rate monitor and app so I know my calories burned is a little more accurate.
  • HGSmith0920
    Definitely got a workout this afternoon. Spent about two and a half hours cleaning. Boy did it feel good. It totally freaked out my cat though. He was hiding in the other room while I was doing it and when I was done he slowly crept in and his eyes were as big as saucers and was very cautious, looking around. Now he's running around like a crazy cat! It's kind of entertaining. Lol. But I think that that was my workout for today. There wasnt any really heavy lifting or anything, so when I logged it I put it as light/moderate and still burned a whole bunch more calories then I thought! Lol.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day! I still have a few things to do on my computer and then I think I might crack open a book and read for a while.
  • NaraBdg
    NaraBdg Posts: 3 Member
    I always feel bad about my weight. I've been trying so many diet methods, but I always failed, simply because of my laziness to maintain the diet program. The result is: more stress, more shame. Feeling fail and fail and fail and fail again...

A good friend reminded me: just do your efforts. Succes or failure is just a perception. When u think u fail, it could be success. When u think u're successful, it could be failure.

So, your duty is: just do your efforts. In Islamic term: ikhtiar. It means endeavor. Don't focus on the result first. Just do it... Results will come later. When you do what u should do with your best, u will feel good and happy.... no matter what the result seems to be.

Those words made me get up again.
    I will doit again now. My new diet program. ☺
  • HGSmith0920
    NaraBdg wrote: »
    Those words made me get up again.
    I will doit again now. My new diet program. ☺

Welcome! This a great group! I hope it helps you as much as it helps me! And you're friends advice is very true! We all have goals but the thing we need to remember is that it's all about the journey, not the end result. If it hadnt been for this journey I'm on...we're all on...then I never would have found this group and made some great friends!

So welcome! Have a great time and enjoy yourself!
  • gymprincess1234
    Hmm, I focus on the goal, however, I found that it's very damaging to put a deadline to it. My goal is to keep losing weight till my body is fit and not jiggly(whatever date it will happen, not by summer or next birthday). I eat and exercise not for the body I have, but for the body I want. As a failure I see going overboard with kcals or going too many days without exercising, or eating dairy, wheat, etc.
  • HGSmith0920
    I got a new day planner this afternoon. I'm super excited! I'm notoriously bad at using these but I have a terrible time with time management and to do lists. I'm determined to stick to using it this time though! It was pretty expensive so I HAVE to make it worth the money. Lol. Because I went off my meds back in October I lost a whole bunch of weight so I'm only about 20 lbs away from my goal weight! But so far I've had two meals and the last one will be later tonight because I want to eat with my DH and he won't get home until super late. But I'm just super surprised that I actually made an effort to eat three meals today! Lol.

It's been pretty quiet today. I hope everyone is doing well!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Frustration:
    I'm maintaining a deficit, have worked out every 2.4 days this month (on average), have only los 10 lbs since October. My goal is a pound a week, which should be very manageable for someone at 220 and I feel like these 5 pounds have been yo-yoing around for the last 2 months.

I know what to do (flowchart), I'm just very frustrated and venting.
  • HGSmith0920
    @aeloine I'm so sorry you're stuck! Before I went off my meds back in October I had only lost about 15lbs in 6 months. It was incredibly frustrating! I have a feeling it's going to start being hard again now that I am back on them. I hope that you keep going and dont get too discouraged. Keep up the hard work! Eventually, you'll see the results!

I got sooo much done today! I used my new Day planner that I am totally in love with and kept it out on the table so that every time I finished something on it I could check it off and go onto the next thing. Now it's almost 8pm and the only thing I have left to do is cook dinner(the DH is working really late tonight and I want to eat with him) and do some stretching. I hurt my back yesterday so I'm hoping some light stretching will help it.

I hope everyone has a great night!
  • gymprincess1234
    @aeloine What's your GW? Maybe too much sodium or dehydration? Or maybe increase the workouts a bit to boost metabolism? Just don't give up!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Sorry I've been MIA lately. Work has gotten CRAZY!

Watson is doing really well adjusting to his new home. No accidents, only 1 item destroyed, and he and Chance are playing like gangbusters!

I submitted my doctoral application and have my interview in a week and a half, yay!

This week was Crossfit testing week. My schedule has been so insane I've had to wake up at 5:20am every morning to make it to class, but it was worth it. I PR'd my deadlift by 15lbs this morning!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

@gymprincess1234 Sorry to hear you feel too body conscious to use the awesome resources available to you. I hope you start to build some body love :)

@HGSmith0920 It sounds like you're on a roll, glad to have you back

Welcome @aeloine and @NaraBdg !

@Jenhul Congrats on the loss

@Evamutt Your blueberry pie sounds great. I wouldn't worry about the gain, it's likely just sodium

@CatL1911 I tried a local class, but I wasn't a fan of the instructor. I'm hoping my area starts to get some more higher quality gyms. I live in a mid-sized town surrounded by rural areas so my recreational activity selection is more limited.
  • HGSmith0920
    So I'm sitting in the parking lot, waiting for my DH's appointment to be done (It's a therapy appt so I'm not allowed in. Lol) And I'm pretty bored. I have a book I could work on, but I thought I would do it when we get home. I forgot to weigh myself this morning so I'll do that when I get home as well.

@Rachel0778 I'm sorry work has been crazy! I hope you get into your doctoral program! That would be great! And yay 15lbs!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    Welcome back HGSmith!! sure have missed you & thought about you a lot. So great you're on the upswing again. I'm barely starting to get on the upswing. I've been sick most of January, it's a bad respiratory thing & stopped me in my tracks from my regular life-no exercise, no bible studies, no socializing, no volunteering or seeing friends. Only thing is working the 6yrs a week cause there's no one else to take my place & walking my dogs every day. I'm finally feeling better today so will do a little more. I set my cals to maintenance because I've been home a lot & eating more. I'll leave it there for now & just won't add any exercise that I may start doing & see how it goes.Aelione, I've been stuck in the past at different times too, it'll move, try something different to get it moving
  • gymprincess1234
    edited January 2018
    Morning pals!

It's day 2 of week 3. Measured myself for the first time this year and I'm 2cm away from my personal best (June 2017), so very pleased with myself for going to the gym and sticking to a deficit. :)
    It's the weekend already for me, when I always find I'm less hungry, because I can sleep longer and don't have to plan meals around lecture times, but eat when I feel like it and get more calories out by walking around the city and exploring new neighborhoods.
    Did 45min elliptical session yesterday, doing intervals for different leg muscle groups. Really loving getting a sweat on, as it's so cold and rainy at the moment.