Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Hi everybody! This is my second day back to MFP after quite some time. I am the largest I have ever been and have about 50lbs to lose. I realized a change needed to be made after hardly recognizing myself in pictures and videos after trying on wedding gowns for my upcoming wedding. I am so happy to find a group like this and will do my best to post offend as well! I also have a fitbit and have a set goal of 10,000 steps everyday. I am currently at 9,021 and should exceed my goal before the night is over!

Welcome! And great job on your steps yesterday!! Hope you hit the 10K!! Weddings are so fun to plan!! I hope we can help you along the your journey and make it the best day possible for you!
  • ShyCush6
    I would LOVE to be part of this! My name is Melissa. I had lost 30lbs and was doing great, I graduated college and started a new job and gained that plus some back. I now have about 100lbs to loose. I work as a home health PTA (physical therapist assistant) I am also the coordinator of the therapy for my company. I would love to join the group to help stay motivated and help others!

Welcome Melissa!! I have a desk job and I am sedentary most of the day! Absolutely makes it hard to stay active! Hope we can help you with that! Currently I go up to the 2nd floor to refill my water and to go to the restroom. I even got a smaller water glass so I have to go more often! =) Let's do this!
  • ShyCush6
    Welcome LoveOrganicLife and futureMrsM!

Sun has just come up here, love how this thread and you guys are focusing me! Alas, it will be a rubbish day for steps as I am going to stay home today. So rare for me as I so rarely get ill but I am ignoring the guilt and looking after myself. I have to start valuing my needs if I am going to succeed at taking better care of my body. There. That's my deep moment over. Now I'm off to look at lolcats.

Stay focused everyone!

Enjoy your day of rest and relaxation but be ready to get right back on the track tomorrow! We all need a day here and there! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Hi everyone
    I have had my moments of not being motivated and lack mojo. I have been a sessional lecturer and contractor for last year so getting a schedule together has been problematic in terms of food and exercise. I finally picked up a full time ongoing role that allows me to work three days from home but think that being home during the day will reduce the amount of exercise I do. I joined a studio the other day and have started exercising in the morning at 7. Any clues tips and strategies for teleworkers welcome. I will be away at least 2-3 days a month in another state so planning to take protein powder and my shaker. Will try and get vege snacks when there.
    My worst times for over indulging are weekends... So I understand your pain. How do you deal with those times?
    Welcome! Looks like you are on schedule to do good things! You have a plan! While you are home for those days set aside scheduled amount of time to workout, go for a walk or whatever exercise suits your needs. One girl in our old group used to go to the hotel's workout room every morning when she traveled and went for walks after her dinner. I think a lot of it is all about planning! You can do this!! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Woot! Woot! So I reached 11,328 yesterday... yes... I am competitive, so yes... this fitbit challenge thing is helping me immensely!! I marched in front of my tv for over an hour last night while watching a show. I hit 10,000 and almost stopped but I saw my sister had 9,400 and hadn't checked in for a while, so I kept going and made sure I beat her!! I ended up 700 steps ahead of her and made a second daily challenge for today!! =)

4e0d6e9eda9a197bbe9b5ccbe1b429585bfa3424c24bda8b85588e919e3ee474.jpg

• ShyCush6
    So how is everyone doing today?! I'm ahead on my steps from yesterday but I did skip my workout this morning. Instead, I worked out in my yard, putting away lawn furniture, statues, solar lighting etc, since snow is in the forecast for tomorrow! Ugh! I live in WI... I knew it was coming... doesn't mean I'm ready! =) Tonight is a me night! Daughter is at her dad's, hubby is bowling so I seeing exercise and crafting in my future!! Hope you all have a great day! Stay classy! ;)
  • ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    Sorry! This cracked me up! I'm level 170, soda crush! *sigh*
    funny-motivational-quotes-about-exercise-7.jpg
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    had a great day today. I was sat in front of the computer working this morning, then went to my sons parents evening and just finished the day with a good circuit training and 45 minutes walking :smiley:
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2015
    Day off work for me today. Dang phone, I had a long post typed up and it didn't post it. Oh well. Short story, my husband and I are off work today. My youngest son, husband and I had breakfast today, went for a little walk in the cold and I got to go workout while the little one napped.
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hello! Well done guys on the steps Shy! And the circuit training and walking Gillian!
    I did rest, much needed, but I made good food choices and was still able to have a little treat so I am pleased. Steps currently at 4525 but won't get much higher now it's getting later, I wish I had the energy to do some marching! Tomorrow maybe ;)

This group is great for making me remember to put my Fitbit on though, as this is usually me.

2gcrlzh128v9.jpeg

Have a great rest of the day all!
  • dwilson42
    dwilson42 Posts: 2 Member
    May I join as well...needing support to stay focused! !
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    Welcome dwilson :)
  • ravenzbaby47
    ravenzbaby47 Posts: 29 Member
    I just hit 12000! I work night shift tonight so I'm hoping to have 15000 by midnight and I'm crossing my fingers that the nurses didn't bring in candy and chips like they always do!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Everyone is doing great!

I'm always interested in hearing what other people do for for work. Feel free to share if you want
    I'm a district court clerk, I work for a judge doing their paperwork and going into court with them. I'm also a volunteer firefighter/emt
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    edited November 2015
    I do Administration, publicity and promotions for our kickboxing group. and i also work at the local hospital doing admin work.

I also teach 3 to 5 year olds kickboxing :smiley:
  • ShyCush6
    had a great day today. I was sat in front of the computer working this morning, then went to my sons parents evening and just finished the day with a good circuit training and 45 minutes walking :smiley:

Nice job Gill!!
  • ShyCush6
    Love the picture Doris!! That cracks me up!!
  • ShyCush6
    I just hit 12000! I work night shift tonight so I'm hoping to have 15000 by midnight and I'm crossing my fingers that the nurses didn't bring in candy and chips like they always do!

Awesome Ashlee!! You rock! Keep those steps a coming!! I might need to make it my goal to beat you and Cassie!! =)
  • ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    Great idea Cassie! I am a Graphic Designer. I work in the newspapers business designing advertising. I just quit my part time job at Costco (wow did that rake in the steps) because I got a promotion and a raise as the lead designer at my company. I love crafting and my cricut is my best friend!! I also love working in my yard, kayaking and bicycling! Also, I am a soccer mom! Can't forget that!! My daughter is 14 and plays pretty much year round! =)
  • fearlessinmy3rdact
    fearlessinmy3rdact Posts: 352 Member
    Got room for another guy on here?? Lost over 50lbs. in the last year, but... have stalled out after some summer surgery and recovery. Looks like a great, positive group to be a part of. From Southwest Michigan, 67 years young, retired. Usually exercise 2-3 hours a day. Bill