One Day at a Time, One Meal a Day (ODAT-OMAD)

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Abm4n wrote: »
    This is where I was exactly one year ago when I started this blog:

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 180 lbs
    Target Weight 175 lbs

Well, I am almost exactly the same today! I lost some weight and got below 175 lbs and then have gradually put it back on so that I am now just under 180 lbs again. My target weight is still about 5 lbs from where I am today!

I am determined to get back down to 175 lbs before Christmas when I go on holiday and will most likely eat a lot of food on holiday in Singapore.

Great job losing 20 pounds! Impressive!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Being only 5-lbs from target isn't a bad place to be! Good luck and Singapore sounds great!
  • DebSozo
    I think 5 pounds from goal is superman awesome!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Awesome progress!!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    This is a good meal for me. Chilli
  • Abm4n
    Take 2. Chilli beef with lettuce wraps. jiwna31o9s87.jpg
  • Abm4n
    Thanks everyone. I am just 5 lbs from being in the "healthy" BMI category - that's why I am so close to my goal.
  • DebSozo
    Chili is one of my family's favorites. Nice photo.
  • blambo61
    ok. understand. 5 to go!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Looks great!!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    oh WOW i would have devoured that dish!!
  • DebSozo
    oh WOW i would have devoured that dish!!

Me too-- my kind of meal.
  • Abm4n
    edited November 2016
    Weekly update:

This week I am 176 lbs or 80 kg just 1 lb from my goal weight. I have done OMAD three times this week: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I will try for another OMAD day tomorrow. I have been able to avoid eating during the day because the main food pushers at work have left but there will be a big Christmas feast next week.

Haha! Every time I try to write "feast" it comes out as "fast" so subconsciously I am happier with fasting! I have been really enjoying OMAD this week. I have also been allowing myself to get more sleep - including more daytime naps. I think that de-stressing is an important part of weight control. Hope that you are all enjoying this time of year.

Food-wise I have been cooking several versions of Mexican style fajitas with lettuce and tomato, salsa etc. I have also started to introduce some coconut cream for dessert instead of double cream. Also adding a bit of flaxseed oil with my food.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Wow congrats! That's amazing progress!
  • Abm4n
    Thanks for the encouragement 1MADGIRL!
  • blambo61
    Sounds good!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited December 2016
    Wow....you're doing it since there are no food pushers at work now. I think everyone that works outside of the home will be dealing with the Christmas party at work. Lots of food there...we have to have a plan and stick to it. I'm so glad you're only 1 pound from goal. You are an inspiration!
  • Abm4n
    New Year's Update

Here is where I am now:

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 185 lbs
    Target Weight 175 lbs

I have put on about ten pounds over the past few months; especially after my holiday in Singapore. I was eating out for every meal - breakfast, lunch and dinner for over a week catching up with relatives. I had an all you can eat buffet at Raffles Hotel. Well, say no more.

The best meal was a delicious Chinese banquet at Marina Bay Sands. Not to mention the copious street food, Indian banana leaf curries etc. Heaps of Japanese beer.

Oh well, back to the OMAD routine again! I am quite looking forward to eat it actually. I want to loose about 5 kg or 10 lbs plus over the next two months. So, I am setting myself a target of 0.5 kg or about 1 lb per week. Here we go!
  • DebSozo
    Welcome back! :)
  • DebSozo
    edited January 2017
    At least you are nipping it in the bud and reversing the small gain before it snowballs.