Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Hurt my right calf today doing short hill repeats. Now I will be back to walking tell I can do that for an hour and then will add 10-min a run tell I'm back to where I left off. I think I will just do distance for a while instead of fast stuff and hills. I do think it is gout related also which is my nemesis. Dang, I was feeling really good!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Injuries suck. Dealing with knee issues myself, they tell me it's bursitis.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    hope it feels better soon :(
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited March 2017
    Sometimes a picture is worth 1,000 words. Awesome work of art!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    I'm sorry to hear your hurt your calf. That has happened to me before when I did warm-up properly or foamed roll afterwards. Rest up and don't over do it. You will be back in action soon enough! Depending on your injury maybe a massage on your calf, IT band, and piriformis could help in the healing process!
  • blambo61
    Took some high strength anti-inflametories (indomethicin) and colchicine to prevent gout comming on. Also iced it. An injury invites gout. So far so good. Wasn't bad today and I rode a stationary bike for 10-min with no problem. Can walk on it and not feel it much. Did lift today so that was good. I will walk a little on it and see how it goes. Thanks
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good to hear, take it easy!!! :)
  • blambo61
    Weekly update:

0-lbs lost. I was at 210 mid week. Will have to work a little to stay that this next week, Friday was way too much eating.

I think my leg is going to get better soon! I didn't try walking on it today (will go easy walk Monday for 10-min) but I did get in a 3-mile quick bike ride today so that was better than nothing. Am getting a little stronger each time I lift which is fun. Took down my 27-yr old (180lb-er) left handed (after he arm wrestled his brother lefthanded) and I was at a standstill with his 25-yr old brother right handed (220-lber) and eventually gave up cause he was making me laugh and I also didn't want to hurt myself. The 180-lber is shredded and lifts a lot. The 220-lber is mayby 20-lbs overweight is all and is a big kid (6'3"). I can still bring some to the table!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Always fun to show up the "kids" ;)
  • Brendalea69
    Way to go Dad!!! :p
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    haha sounds like fun!
  • blambo61
    Tried something new. Instead of me eating my break and lunch. I just had some whey protein powder for each. Total 400 cals (instead of 1000). Felt good doing it. I've maintained for a month and I want to start losing again so I'm going to give this a go for awhile and see how it works.
  • Brendalea69
    Keep us posted and good luck!!! :)
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Yes, I'm interested to hear how this new strategry works out for you!!
  • LittleForestOwl
    LittleForestOwl Posts: 35 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Tried something new. Instead of me eating my break and lunch. I just had some whey protein powder for each. Total 400 cals (instead of 1000). Felt good doing it. I've maintained for a month and I want to start losing again so I'm going to give this a go for awhile and see how it works.

That's a really great idea. The next time I feel like I'm going to end up having a 16hr day, I'll try that. I hope your recovery is going well!
  • blambo61
    edited March 2017
    Walked today for 30 min at brisk pace (1.90 miles, 3.8-miles/hr average). Didn't have any pain in calf. Will increase to an hour over three more workouts (don't add on this fast if you haven't got a history of recently doing some of this) and if ok will start running again and add on easy slow distance tell get to 1-hr.

I did the protein thing for just one day and felt good. I change things a lot so my latest is I think on my two lift days of the week, I'm going to do the morn and afternoon protein supp. On my run days (3-days a week) I will probably only do the afternoon supplement. On my two non-workout days I won't do any supplementing. The other food I will eat on all these days will probably be in a four hour window so basically I would be doing a 20:4 routine but with some protein supps added in. I think only those getting somewhat close to goal weight should be doing this type of thing and if a person is really heavy, they need to just concentrate on getting the weight off and do the OMAD routine. I'm not losing much weight doing these things and don't expect to.

I'm getting stronger each time I lift which is fun and I can tell the diff looking in the mirror also.
  • blambo61
    There was a big luncheon today at work. I about didn't eat it but remembered one of our OMAD biggest tricks and that was, "I can have it, just not now". So I made a big plate and put it in the fridge. I ate it after work and that was my dinner for the most part. Got to eat a lot of yummy stuff that I wouldn't have if I didn't do that and I also got a long fast in!
  • blambo61
    edited April 2017
    Little bit of a rough week. Friday before last ate a lot. Monday had too much. Wed night was daughters b-day and took her out to eat and ate a lot. Thurs at work they had a potluck lunch. I made a plate and didn't eat it tell after work. Weighed myself that evening and was 220! Holy smokes! 8 more pounds than starting in the morning. Turns out Wed night and thurs potluck food were a lot of carbs and I must have soaked up a lot of water. Ate a kito dinner on Fri and this morning I'm back to just over 210. How's that for some weight fluctuations!

Friday lifted after work in a fasted state (didn't eat anything) and I am really impacted by working out fasted. I will continue to work out in the mornings when I still have ample glycogen.
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2017
    A 10 pound difference?!?!?! That's crazy, mine doesn't come back off that fast :p
  • blambo61
    A 10 pound difference?!?!?! That's crazy, mine doesn't come back off that fast :p

The 220 was in the evening after eating. 1 1/2 days later 210+ in the morning.