Rude People

Options
Is it just me or does anyone else find that there are a lot of rude, obnoxious, belittling people roaming these message boards? Most of the people posting questions here have legitimate questions and need help only to get replies judging them and belittling them. Grow up people.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, MFP is not immune from the malicious bubble that is the internet.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Oh good....and to think I was just getting bored at work!

popcorn_zps46a34c28.gif
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    How cute, another mean people thread...
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Oh good, someone already brought popcorn
    7ca.gif
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Look ^^
    It appears you just met another

Stick to just asking your friends questions via your status, or look it up on bing or Google or whatever.
    Definitely don't post things via forums, because yes,
    6.5/10 people on mfp suck.

Don't know what it is, I've never seen attitudes & disrespect on other weight loss/support sites like I do here. Weird.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else find that there are a lot of rude, obnoxious, belittling people roaming these message boards? Most of the people posting questions here have legitimate questions and need help only to get replies judging them and belittling them. Grow up people.

3rmoyk.jpg
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    How cute another mean people thread...

I was just reading another thread and the lady said we'd probably all get mad at her, but she made a good point, and she was right, she did get a lot of replies claiming she was rude. But I dont think she WAS rude, she was expressing her point of view.

What I personally find "rude" or whatever, maybe not rude, but something I dont understand, is when people brag about the junk food they can eat, and exclaim they can lose weight, and are like proud of it. And then give details about all the fattening food they eat. And then belittling others because the other person cant do it but they can, and it comes off as hard for those of us who are tempted by it. I dont get this. If we are trying to lose weight, then it sorta hurts when i read about someone bragging about all this food they choose to eat, it almost is like your out with 4 friends and your trying to eat your salad, and then your "supportive" freinds, all choose to eat a huge pizza, cheese dripping cheeseburger, and a big cream pie in front of you and its like hey we can eat this, tough for you! and then gloat about how the next day they lose 5 pounds after eating all that. so those posts are hard for me to comprehend what are they doing on this site? I dont get it.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Handy tip:
    1) Spot someone being rude.
    2) Click drop-down arrow near username/avatar.
    3) Click on "ignore user".

I generally wait until I recognize a username for consistent rudeness. Then I target them for elimination. Ahhhhhhhhh; so satisfying! Everytime I see the message that I'm ignoring a certain user, I pretend it's a grave marker.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

686.gif
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    VB8H5Pk.jpg
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Look ^^
    It appears you just met another

Stick to just asking your friends questions via your status, or look it up on bing or Google or whatever.
    Definitely don't post things via forums, because yes,
    6.5/10 people on mfp suck.

Don't know what it is, I've never seen attitudes & disrespect on other weight loss/support sites like I do here. Weird.

I think it's interesting that you are putting down 65% of people (including me, directly) in a show of being supportive. :huh:
    When someone insults other people, they can't expect a positive response. Imagine walking up to a group of people and saying, "most of you are so rude".
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

I was just reading another thread and the lady said we'd probably all get mad at her, but she made a good point, and she was right, she did get a lot of replies claiming she was rude. But I dont think she WAS rude, she was expressing her point of view.

What I personally find "rude" or whatever, maybe not rude, but something I dont understand, is when people brag about the junk food they can eat, and exclaim they can lose weight, and are like proud of it. And then give details about all the fattening food they eat. And then belittling others because the other person cant do it but they can, and it comes off as hard for those of us who are tempted by it. I dont get this. If we are trying to lose weight, then it sorta hurts when i read about someone bragging about all this food they choose to eat, it almost is like your out with 4 friends and your trying to eat your salad, and then your "supportive" freinds, all choose to eat a huge pizza, cheese dripping cheeseburger, and a big cream pie in front of you and its like hey we can eat this, tough for you! and then gloat about how the next day they lose 5 pounds after eating all that. so those posts are hard for me to comprehend what are they doing on this site? I dont get it.

Sounds like you're projecting your own issues on others.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options

I was thinking this very thing just this morning. What's up with that?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    rude.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options

Sounds like you're projecting your own issues on others.

Adini, projection is the Go-to response right after blame here on MFP. Oh, wait, she used projection and blame. Bingo.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I posted a thread similar to this my 3rd day here. It was not pretty. LOL. I didn't know you could search through old posts, I'd never been on a forum before. Just ignore it, or don't go on the message boards much. I usually just stick to the motivational posts. Get some friends, and then ask questions that way. There are a lot of really nice, helpful people roaming around the boards too. There are a few trolls, and more than a few people with giant egos who seem to forget where they started too. Such is life. *shrugs*
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me, I'm just here to be rude to the people who see every opposing opinion as rudeness.

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSD34CtoNR80g1A6Ui6mj-b3Pu2AnCD-ki6T09SePRkS4-pRy80
    hF44EE5C9

EDIT: I forgot the :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: and a hanky