Calories remaining at end of day differ a lot

Options
mrssuziq
mrssuziq Posts: 1 Member
At the end of the day, after syncing my Vivofit 2 with my MFP, the Vivofit 2 says I have 213 calories left. MFP says I have 10! A very big difference! Can someone explain this? Which is more accurate? Do I split the difference?

Replies

• Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I get them reading the same by setting MFP to sedentary. I use all the calories I get from my garmin for "steps".

Any additional activity I put into MFP I set to 1 calorie. Otherwise I find that the logged activity gets deducted from my steps.

If I burn 200 walking and 200 from weight training. Garmin gives me 200. MFP will give me 0 for walking after syncd and 200 for strength.

I haven't figured it out but ultimately get no credit above what my garmin shows.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    @mrssuziq it has been that way for me the last year. Accept the lower number MFP gave you an move on if you are focusing on losing weight.

@Expatmommy79 if the time entered is correct then garmin will give you some extra credit based on the difference between the time you entered and the time you took your steps. Generally it is not recommended to use calories burned from strength exercises.