Happy new year!!!

wifeyy
wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
I want to wish all of you a happy new year.
The struggle is real and it is an ongoing battle to stop emotional and binge eating however, we will not give up.

Lets make the year 2016 the year we will overcome this battle and achieve our weight loss goals.

January has just started so start fresh, make plans and stick to them.

Replies

• ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks for your post. I can't yet totally control how I feel, but I can control what I put in my mouth.
  • DrTrushna
    DrTrushna Posts: 17 Member
    Hey guys, I hear and feel you. We have just been handed a new, fresh year. I am determined to see it through with a lotttt of exercise and healthy food. Being in a community of like-minded people helps!!
  • happypp
    happypp Posts: 2 Member
    wifeyy wrote: »
    I want to wish all of you a happy new year.
    The struggle is real and it is an ongoing battle to stop emotional and binge eating however, we will not give up.

Lets make the year 2016 the year we will overcome this battle and achieve our weight loss goals.

January has just started so start fresh, make plans and stick to them.

Hi happy new years here i go
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Hmmm... Wonde how everyone's year is going?
  • Kellielvsfam
    Kellielvsfam Posts: 31 Member
    Happy new year 2018!
    I've had a rough holiday season eating away at me,literally.Come Jan,i'm promising myself to let it go and focus more on ME and what I need!No more looking back.I am working on loving myself enough to make better choices in food and life!
  • lorithom3458
    lorithom3458 Posts: 1 Member
    I agree. I am not trying to be on track 100%, but more often than not. I don’t have junk food in the house & didn’t buy anything at the store today! Small victories
  • Emeraldreign
    Emeraldreign Posts: 56 Member
    Happy New Year EVERYONE.

Emotional eating for me is at an all time high. All the hate and strife in the world is unbearable. I hope it's easier for those that have SO's. Being alone socks. Being alone and fat socks even more.

I went on a 3 day diet lost 15 pounds in 3 days. 2 years later I was 80 pounds overweight. It's some kind of chemistry thing. Exercise is the only thing that has worked.

So I'm going to keep it moving. No negativity just movement. No elevators down. No elevators up as far as I can go. Walking walking walking until I can run. After I can run then I will SOAR....

Saying it is easy. Walking out that door is the hardest part. So no matter what 3 times a week I'm going to at least walk up and down the stairs.

If I can do that then I can walk around the block. If I can do that then I can go to the park. When I do that there is no stopping me. This is MY year so either encourage me or get out my way. I will encourage you back.

This takes teamwork. I will be the first to admit I cannot do this alone. I am so open to suggestions.

Emerald
  • lucindagaunt
    lucindagaunt Posts: 1 Member
    Happy new year! I have just started MFP and learning how these groups and the community work. I am so pleased I stumbled across this group as emotional eating has been my downfall all my life! So great to read all the handy hints and tips to combat this issues. I have made a great start, losing 9lb in 10 days and thick this group to help me I know this will continue. If anyone wants to add me I am looking for motivation people to support each other.
  • waitingtogo
    waitingtogo Posts: 35 Member
    Hi I want to join this group but have noticed the dates of 2011, 16 and just one post 2018. Is this group active?
  • waitingtogo
    waitingtogo Posts: 35 Member
    Happy New Year EVERYONE.

Emotional eating for me is at an all time high. All the hate and strife in the world is unbearable. I hope it's easier for those that have SO's. Being alone socks. Being alone and fat socks even more.

I went on a 3 day diet lost 15 pounds in 3 days. 2 years later I was 80 pounds overweight. It's some kind of chemistry thing. Exercise is the only thing that has worked.

So I'm going to keep it moving. No negativity just movement. No elevators down. No elevators up as far as I can go. Walking walking walking until I can run. After I can run then I will SOAR....

Saying it is easy. Walking out that door is the hardest part. So no matter what 3 times a week I'm going to at least walk up and down the stairs.

If I can do that then I can walk around the block. If I can do that then I can go to the park. When I do that there is no stopping me. This is MY year so either encourage me or get out my way. I will encourage you back.

This takes teamwork. I will be the first to admit I cannot do this alone. I am so open to suggestions.

Emerald

I'm with you!!!
  • jamilyn916
    jamilyn916 Posts: 8 Member
    I’ve been back posting on MyFitnessPal a few months now. I took a break for over 1 year. But decided I needed to start tracking my foods again. And I want to not just look at calories, but also fat & sugar grams as well. But today is the 1st time I noticed the community section. So I’m joining the community.
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    So glad to have met this community. I just received all green light to go for surgery. Last weigh in is next Friday and then they scheduled me with the surgeon so hoping I’ll have a surgery date in the next 4-6 weeks. HW 257 CW 234.5
    GW 165. SW soon to be determined.
  • areyouready3691
    areyouready3691 Posts: 5 Member
    Choose Joy today!