Chat and Accoutnability 24-30 Jan

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Sunday Folks Hope all is well with all of you.

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks! Not much checkin in going on Hope all is well with all of you. especially those who haven't stopped by in a while.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. Lately I've been missing being part of a team sport. I want to work on upper body endurance, which has been challenging because my RA affects my wrists and elbows. I started rowing at the gym, so far with no joint issues. If I can row regularly for 2 weeks without my joints swelling up I'll get out on the bay and take lessons, then see about finding a crew. Rowing uses 84% of musculature! I'll post about changes I see in myself from rowing as I progress.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Amy, Rowing was my fav machine, no impact, full body workout especially the overlooked shoulders. Just watch out for hyper extension.
    We are back and boy am I glad! I did ok eating wise. Met a lot of cool people and we made some new friends.
    I didn't take the defensive handgun course with John Farnan because I found out that half of the class are master instructors! Plus I met the other instructors over dinner and I can tell that I won't be comfortable with how they instruct. Great guys, don't get me wrong it's just me and the fact that I haven't fired a pistol in a while(over a year) I was right Arturo told me after the first class that I wouldn't have been able to handle it even though this is a beginners class lol. I am planning on taking his class later this year after I had some practice.
    Shot show was fun!
    c88c9gk1xqan.jpeg
    3a3om56p8hv4.jpeg
    p2g04qmvq37r.jpeg
    cgugtek6z50u.jpeg
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks.
    Amy - Love rowing, Motion is the Lotion.
    Heron - Looking good Kiddo! Looks like a great time.

TTFN
  • AngelaLastname
    AngelaLastname Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amy I rowed all thru high school and first year university and trust me that the machine can be WAY more difficult than the real thing. It's so fluid on the water so the workout always felt effortless (even when I was sore afterwards). There's a good chance I'm romanticizing this but I really thought about my past and think it's accurate.

Heron I'm happy you made the right decision but still got to enjoy yourself :)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    All Righty Then! Stand Up, Ruck Up and hit the day in high gear! Happy Wednesday Folks!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy thursday Folks! Hope all is well with all of you.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Friday Folks. Hope the day is kind to each of you.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Did ok last night at Arturo's company dinner, no pasta, small piece of bread steak and prawns, red wine and ice cream. Starting to get back to normal routine. Have a Chinese New Year banquet this Sunday I'm going to try and avoid rice.