glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I have failed this thread.

The other day, I could have had this:

3wq2h4vxbsf4.jpg

But had this instead:

d5lkx9nbttdb.jpg

I've never actually had Oreo cheesecake.

But my favorites at Cheesecake Factory are the Pumpkin Pecan and the Turtle cheesecakes. So good.

It's actually been yeeeeeeeeeeeeears since I've eaten anything there. I actually kinda liked the whipped cream part better than the cheesecake part. :)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Oreos depress me. Eating them makes me sad for all the people who never get to taste real chocolate. And don't get me started on the "creme" filling, made entirely from whatdafugizzat. Horrible.

Pure 70-75% cacao dark chocolate, unsalted nuts, and perhaps some dried or fresh berries nails it every time.

And I will add that the best chocolate is Trader Joe's 72% Cacao imported from Belgum, available in .5kg bars. One square a day will change your life.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member

3wq2h4vxbsf4.jpg

But had this instead:

d5lkx9nbttdb.jpg

But my favorites at Cheesecake Factory are the Pumpkin Pecan and the Turtle cheesecakes. So good.

I was there the other night too! My boyfriend got it and I tried it, it was heavenly. I got this. Also heavenly.
    29gexk9.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    The only Cheesecake Factory cheesecake I've ever really tried is the cookie dough flavor.

Btw, the Oreo S'mores Blizzard is amazing. The Royal Oreo Blizzard is also out, but I'm not really interested in that line.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    I have found that Cheesecake Factory cheesecake needs a coffee to go with it... especially if you've eaten before dessert.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    snikkins wrote: »
    I have found that Cheesecake Factory cheesecake needs a coffee to go with it... especially if you've eaten before dessert.

I will agree
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    I never get dessert at the cheesecake factory. The main meals are too filling...I'll have to correct this when I fly back home in August. Perhaps I'll just get a starter to save room for the cheesecake, and coffee.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

3wq2h4vxbsf4.jpg

But had this instead:

d5lkx9nbttdb.jpg

I was there the other night too! My boyfriend got it and I tried it, it was heavenly. I got this. Also heavenly.
    29gexk9.jpg

Is that the lemon raspberry one? Because that's my favorite! (Although, I haven't been to the Cheesecake Factory in years. My local one has terrible food.)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    JShailen wrote: »
    I never get dessert at the cheesecake factory. The main meals are too filling...I'll have to correct this when I fly back home in August. Perhaps I'll just get a starter to save room for the cheesecake, and coffee.

Or just go for the cheesecake. I mean, even their starters are pretty huge.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    auddii wrote: »

Or just go for the cheesecake. I mean, even their starters are pretty huge.

We'll do that on date nights. Eat one place, do some shopping and then go to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.
  • MayaSPapaya

3wq2h4vxbsf4.jpg

But had this instead:

d5lkx9nbttdb.jpg

29gexk9.jpg

Is that the lemon raspberry one? Because that's my favorite! (Although, I haven't been to the Cheesecake Factory in years. My local one has terrible food.)

Yes it is! You should just do takeout cheesecake then!
  • MayaSPapaya

We've taken ours home before, like have a few bites and then eat it later in the night. Which is more fun in my opinion, because fewer things feel better than knowing it's waiting for you in your fridge after your stomach feels normal again.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    It was decided in another thread that a discussion around Oreos is in order so here goes.

First, the original Oreos are perfect. No other variety comes close. They have the perfect ratio of cream to cookie and the cookies 'n cream flavor is perfect just the way it is.

Now, if you're at someone else's house and all they have is double stuff, the good news is that while these are entirely subpar to the original, they are still fabulously delicious in a distant second place. The same can be said for peanut butter and brownie batter.

Also, Jugg is wrong because mint Oreos are disgusting sacrilege.

The only people I know this passionate about cookies are pot heads, were you high on posting?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

I usually get the Mexican lettuce wraps... they're only like 260 calories and surprisingly filling. Then I can fit a piece of cheesecake (or half).
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    It was decided in another thread that a discussion around Oreos is in order so here goes.

First, the original Oreos are perfect. No other variety comes close. They have the perfect ratio of cream to cookie and the cookies 'n cream flavor is perfect just the way it is.

Now, if you're at someone else's house and all they have is double stuff, the good news is that while these are entirely subpar to the original, they are still fabulously delicious in a distant second place. The same can be said for peanut butter and brownie batter.

The only people I know this passionate about cookies are pot heads, were you high on posting?

The only people I know unable to enjoy simple pleasures and have a good time without altering their brain cells are pot heads.
    Are you high on posting?

And no, I've never so much as touched a joint.

ETA: But seriously...no one needs to be high in order to love Oreos.

Lighten up dude it was a joke.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

The only people I know unable to enjoy simple pleasures and have a good time without altering their brain cells are pot heads.
    Are you high on posting?

#sarcasmfail
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    auddii wrote: »

Are you high on posting?

#sarcasmfail

Granted it wasn't the greatest but I do think he got a little butt-hurt over nothing.