Chat and Accountability March 6-13

carolssalva
carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
Hello Long Lost Friends!

I miss checking in here. I was in a hotel last night and decided to get on the community board. It was so lovely to catch up with what has been going on lately for yall. Heron's successes with weight loss lately (yay!), Hammer Jammer's love life and art work (Amy is right - you are SUCH a catch HJ!) and Amy's awesome adventures in California (great pic Amy!) And I am like Heron, some guys need to be mom'd a bit but like you, I try not to nag. My talkative personality creates a nagging situation quite quickly.

So yeah, it was wonderful to catch up. I spent SO much time reading. It ironically the reason I don't check in more often. I KNOW that I will get lost in reading and posting and I rarely find myself in a situation where I have a lot of extra time. So I think... I'll check in later when I have more time. Hmmmmm...

Anyway, I think yall might know that I am seriously invested and involved with a group of refugee families that have settled in our community. My professional and personal life have been overhauled since their arrival. It is a great thing (but Im gaining weight!) and I love all the positive outcomes for them and for us.

I think Jake and I will be recording a final episode of F2F in the next few weeks. I hope the community lives on even if we close the books on the podcast. You guys have inspired so many folks and I am proud to have been on that journey with you.

You guys take good care. Keep being awesome!!

HUGE HUGS,

Carol

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Happy Wednesday Folks! Hope this finds you all in good health and Cheer. I am well. Today I am thankful for my good friends here. They make the journey a better walk, providing the opportunities to both teach and learn. Its a great joy to make the path wider so they can walk alongside here and there.

Thought for the day. When you teach a child how to read you are also teaching them how to learn. God bless the teachers.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Hi all! I know, I've been MIA for long time, but I am slowly working my way back. Been off track for more than year due to work, my own health issues, and then some issues health issues with my mom. Unfortunately I have gained back a lot of weight, but I'm ready to start focusing on my health once again.

Hope everyone is well and look forward to reading what everyone has been up to! :smile: