Recipe Box Search

khalsdorf
khalsdorf Posts: 1 Member
Why isn't there are way to search my recipe box online? It's hard to find if I've already entered a recipe or to correct a recipe. I realize I can do this through the app, but it would be nice not to have to use both devices when updating on my computer.

Replies

• kazdav
    kazdav Posts: 62 Member
    Hmm this is exactly the question I wanted to ask. I have many pages of my recipes and would find it really helpful if I could search with a key word.
  • LizbethHeller
    LizbethHeller Posts: 38 Member
    Exactly what I was going to suggest too. I have about 8 pages of recipes entered, and it's a pain to have to look through them to find the one I want.
  • SheerVelvet
    SheerVelvet Posts: 14 Member
    RECIPE BOX needs needs needs a SEARCH FEATURE! pages and pages of recipes and not even alphabetical. PLEASE MFP put a search feature in the RECIPE BOX section!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    esn3cx73c9bc.jpeg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    edited September 2023
    Btw, using the “meals” function to enter recipes rather than “recipes” is a lot more flexible.

When you add a meal to your diary, it lists all ingredients individually. (If you add a “recipe”, it dumps one lump sum in under the name of the recipe.)

So if, for example, you make an elaborate chicken dish and you have more chicken than usual, you can simply adjust only the chicken line on your diary.

I like it specifically for this reason. I get more calories and eat more protein than my husband. He can copy my dinner to his diary and then I can go in and edit my protein line without affecting his diary.