Things you never knew about being in your 30's

Afura
Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
What do you mean it's only 9pm. So tired.
Not being able to function on 6hrs of sleep anymore.

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    I honestly have more fun in my 30s than I did in my 20s. I guess because I now have a regular schedule with vacation days, higher income, and a place of my own. It's kind of why I started my weight loss journey - being in my 30s isn't nearly as boring as I thought it would be when I was younger, and I want to be fit to enjoy them even more. :-)
    lol not as boring, a bit more financial freedom (if I'd stay away from Amazon, dangit!) so I've definitely done a lot more, absolutely.
  • ameeli
    ameeli Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in my mid 30's and I'm surrounded by 20 something year olds, so I often feel younger than my age. I can honestly say I'm probably much more content and confident at this age than when I was in my 20's. I'm also an introvert, so during my 20's I really cringed on having to go to clubs and bars. Now that I'm older, I can say that I'm too old for that and can enjoy staying in for the night. Also, I dont know about anyone else, but in my 30's, I drink much less because the recovery time is much longer than those ol' days.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    I guess i've embraced the stereotype 30 somethings having a glass of red wine in the evenings and at every evening meal - I wouldn't even touch wine when in my 20's! lol
  • LBoggie77
    LBoggie77 Posts: 57 Member
    How simple yet wonderful my life would be. I could never have seen it coming! In my teens and twenties I was desperate to live the city life. Fast forward to 37 living in an old farm house in the country with an acreage. My life is so simple and yet complete, I couldn't be happier. My 20 year old self wouldn't recognize 37 year old self, and for that I am very thankful!

I have also learned the benefits of the afternoon nap and a 9:00 pm bed time.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    I've been able to travel more is really fun but something else happened that's exciting. I bought my first house and paid off all of my student loans.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    LBoggie77 wrote: »
    How simple yet wonderful my life would be. I could never have seen it coming! In my teens and twenties I was desperate to live the city life. Fast forward to 37 living in an old farm house in the country with an acreage. My life is so simple and yet complete, I couldn't be happier. My 20 year old self wouldn't recognize 37 year old self, and for that I am very thankful!

I have also learned the benefits of the afternoon nap and a 9:00 pm bed time.

That sounds wonderful to me.. I want to have that kind of life and i'm only 32.. I second the afternoon naps :)
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Turned 30 in January...I dont know why, but now I feel content. Never thought I would love to drive a van.LMAO
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I'm turning 32 in August. There's a lot different between 20s and 30s.

- I have zero tolerance for BS anymore. I mean, I thought I had none back then but now.. yeah, I have none.
    - I have more empathy for other human beings.
    - I am extremely thrilled I've never had children, and do not want them. I like my peace.
    - Staying up past my scheduled bedtime (which can change from 10pm to 4am depending on school, work, etc.) is tantamount to having someone drill under my fingernails. It's terrible.
    - I don't know how to make adult friends.
    - Good luck finding adult friends in their 30s with no kids.
    - Staying home and watching a movie is more satisfying than going out to the movies.
    - I have a confidence of self that I did not have as a 20 something.
    - I'm getting tired of having to travel to visit family that don't travel to visit me.
    - I LOVE CITY LIFE. I am the opposite of some of you. I used to want a little farm in the country, but I've turned into such a city dweller. I LOVE easy access to public transportation, grocery stores (and grocery options), restaurants, dog parks, meetup groups, good doctors and hospitals and yes, even apartment living. I love not having a yard, and if something breaks? Someone else comes to fix it. And if I get tired of the place I'm in? I move into a new place with new appliances and new surroundings. It's fantastic. I think I will always live in some apartment-type dwelling, or a duplex. After all - what's the point in owning when we're going to die anyway? Can't take it with you! I love travel and new scenery. So this is great. :)

I am happier in my 30s than I was in my 20s, for sure.

I'm 31 and have no kids. I'm also childfree (meaning I don't have and don't want kids, whereas childless means one doesn't have and might or definitely wants kids) and I've had a vasectomy. The trouble where I live is finding a single woman at least 25 (so mature enough to be date-able) who doesn't already have kids or wants them yesterday.
  • LilithGetsHealthy
    LilithGetsHealthy Posts: 5 Member

- I have zero tolerance for BS anymore. I mean, I thought I had none back then but now.. yeah, I have none.
    - I am extremely thrilled I've never had children, and do not want them. I like my peace.
    - Staying up past my scheduled bedtime (which can change from 10pm to 4am depending on school, work, etc.) is tantamount to having someone drill under my fingernails. It's terrible.
    - Staying home and watching a movie is more satisfying than going out to the movies.
    - I'm getting tired of having to travel to visit family that don't travel to visit me.
    - I LOVE CITY LIFE. I am the opposite of some of you. I used to want a little farm in the country, but I've turned into such a city dweller. I LOVE easy access to public transportation, grocery stores (and grocery options), restaurants, dog parks, meetup groups, good doctors and hospitals and yes, even apartment living. I love not having a yard, and if something breaks? Someone else comes to fix it. And if I get tired of the place I'm in? I move into a new place with new appliances and new surroundings. It's fantastic. I think I will always live in some apartment-type dwelling, or a duplex. After all - what's the point in owning when we're going to die anyway? Can't take it with you! I love travel and new scenery. So this is great. :)

I'm 31 and have no kids. I'm also childfree (meaning I don't have and don't want kids, whereas childless means one doesn't have and might or definitely wants kids) and I've had a vasectomy. The trouble where I live is finding a single woman at least 25 (so mature enough to be date-able) who doesn't already have kids or wants them yesterday.

Join some Childfree facebook groups. There's one called Childfree Chics Confidential that allows men in. I don't suggest you use it as a dating site but there are a lot of people there looking for like-minded friends for sure!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

Join some Childfree facebook groups. There's one called Childfree Chics Confidential that allows men in. I don't suggest you use it as a dating site but there are a lot of people there looking for like-minded friends for sure!

I'm on several groups already, just not that group. I didn't realize they allowed men. There are are also a couple of childfree single groups that I'm a part of, but not everyone in those groups is actually single and looking. Additionally, I live in a rural area and find that, despite visiting the nearest city almost weekly, women in that city won't date outside of their neighborhoods (so about 10-12 block radius of where they live).
  • corlissr3
    corlissr3 Posts: 11 Member
    I hit 36 and now my age is going backwoods...very strange. :)