Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    did the live stream stop or did my company catch up with me LOL
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of all of you able to watch the marathon in real time! My cell service is too poor at my place of employment to stream anything, and IT has all Marathon-related websites and streaming options blocked on our computers because it's "Sports."

My friend hit some sort of wall between 30 and 35K. He finished, but was much slower than he should have been - about 30 minutes slower than last year. I just hope he is okay. His girlfriend finished in 3:10:30, which is a bit slower than I would have expected from her. It seems like it was a tough one this year.

My phone died just after my friend finished, and I have a plug here, but no cord, so I can't charge my phone back up until I get home. I guess I actually need to do some work for the next couple of hours.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    Congrats @MobyCarp!! I'm seeing a time of 3:23:01! :smiley:

I have him at the same time!!! Congrats @mobycarp fantastic job!!!!!!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    My friend hit some sort of wall between 30 and 35K. He finished, but was much slower than he should have been - about 30 minutes slower than last year. I just hope he is okay. His girlfriend finished in 3:10:30, which is a bit slower than I would have expected from her. It seems like it was a tough one this year.
    Based on the winning elite runners times this WAS a difficult run this year for sure! I'm guessing it was part warm temps, part wind? I don't know. But the elites finished about 25 minutes slower than expected from what I heard.
  • Ron_Dco
    Ron_Dco Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @MobyCarp ..... :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options

Zekela: 11758 Amanda Murdaugh: 21330 Andrew Hodges: 1086 Martin Schneekloth: 5398 Dink Taylor: 7441 and Tim Vinson 971

Holy crap, someone local to you has a sub-1000 bib?!!? He's gotta be smokin' fast!

Tim still isn't finished something must have happened to him. At 25K he dropped 2 mins a mile in time and he's just getting to the 30K. :cry:
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options

Zekela: 11758 Amanda Murdaugh: 21330 Andrew Hodges: 1086 Martin Schneekloth: 5398 Dink Taylor: 7441 and Tim Vinson 971

Holy crap, someone local to you has a sub-1000 bib?!!? He's gotta be smokin' fast!

Tim still isn't finished something must have happened to him. At 25K he dropped 2 mins a mile in time and he's just getting to the 30K. :cry:
    I can't imagine. I am thinking I would be dragging myself by my arms until I passed out at Boston. Hope he comes out OK.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Hope everything's OK.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @MobyCarp! So impressed!!!

• skippygirlsmom
    Options
    Hope everything's OK.

He must have dropped out he hasn't gotten to the 30K yet and it's been 2 hours. What a shame.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom / @Stoshew71 A teammate of mine dropped at the halfway. She said at mile 10 she was feeling the heat already and by the time she got to 13.1 in Wellesley she was like, "Nope. Eff this, I'm out." It was 73 degrees when she ran through and she only wanted to run fast and have fun, not get heat stroke. Sounds like she made a good call; another friend of mine said his friend (who also started in wave 1) dropped at mile 22 and had to go to the hospital. Dangerous conditions for running today! Hope your runner(s) are all ok!

@WhatMeRunning Elites came in about 3-5 mins slower than usual, so it didn't slow them down too much. But a lot of them train in warmer climates, whereas everyone else (the mortal folk ;)) was training in the cold and then this is one of the first hot days they've ran in so far this year. Rough stuff.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    April Showers? Bah! Snow%20with%20rain.gif
    :p

In it for 60
    exercise.png
    • 01 - 4.2 mi
    • 04 - 5.5 mi
    • 10 - 14.0 mi Sympa/Kines-thetic Half Marathon
    • 13 - .6 mi Spring Training
    • 16 - 8.6 mi
    • 17 - 7.2mi Commuter run
    • 19 -
    • 21 -
    • 22 -
    • 23 -
    • 25 -

Year Totals - 2016 (Goal:600miles)
    c45bf3027cad941.gif
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp - Woo hoo! Way to rock Boston!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Hope everything's OK.

He must have dropped out he hasn't gotten to the 30K yet and it's been 2 hours. What a shame.

Early on there was an interview with Shalane Flanagan and one of the elites droped at the 5 mile mark. Maybe the conditions were challenging. Hope Tim's alright. Maybe just a smart move to avoid injury/dehydration.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom / @Stoshew71 A teammate of mine dropped at the halfway. She said at mile 10 she was feeling the heat already and by the time she got to 13.1 in Wellesley she was like, "Nope. Eff this, I'm out." It was 73 degrees when she ran through and she only wanted to run fast and have fun, not get heat stroke. Sounds like she made a good call; another friend of mine said his friend (who also started in wave 1) dropped at mile 22 and had to go to the hospital. Dangerous conditions for running today! Hope your runner(s) are all ok!

I hate that for people. You train so hard.
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Based on the winning elite runners times this WAS a difficult run this year for sure! I'm guessing it was part warm temps, part wind? I don't know. But the elites finished about 25 minutes slower than expected from what I heard.

I noticed that the elites were also a bit slower than they should have been. As I said, I can't really see/hear commentary because my employer blocks pretty much everything (honestly, I'm surprised I can even get on here) but I did read an article talking about the temps. I didn't see anything about wind, but I would believe it. Last year was raining, cold, and windy with all sorts of people being treated for hypothermia. This year seems like it was the complete opposite.

Congrats @MobyCarp!! Great time! :smiley:
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    YUUGGGE grats to @MobyCarp! Good on 'ya , matey!

And also to the other MFP and Macon Tracks and Atlanta Track Club folks too!