I just want to be vegetarian

Options
PricillaKorea
PricillaKorea Posts: 48 Member
I am in high school *gasp she's not supposed to be here*, chill out. I don't have an eating disorder, just here to get healthy. But anyways, since I still live with my parents, they make the executive decision on what our dinners are (I make my own breakfast and lunch). I always adapt the meal they make to make it either vegetarian or vegan. But now, my mom has moved out and my dad is 'forcing' me to eat meat. I say 'forcing' because he is not holding me at gun point, we just sit at the table until I eat it, but that takes too long and I have a lot of other things to be doing. I don't want to eat meat obviously, I am not comfortable with it. And it's not hurting anyone that I don't eat it, i make my own meals already, I pay for my own ingredients most of the time and I am very healthy. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can convince him to let me not eat meat?

Replies

• MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Well how has the conversations been thus far with him?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i went vegetarian as a teenager

time to research and educate your parents on your decision because obviously they are ignorant
  • PricillaKorea
    Options
    MinmoInk wrote: »
    Well how has the conversations been thus far with him?

He is dead set on the fact that I need meat, especially red meat to be healthy. I explained over and over how bad for your body it is. But he won't budge. I need a good, quick article. He won't sit down to watch any documentaries. It's rude, but I have too much respect for my parents to disobey. I want them to allow me to do this
  • PricillaKorea
    Options
    I am in high school *gasp she's not supposed to be here*, chill out. I don't have an eating disorder, just here to get healthy. But anyways, since I still live with my parents, they make the executive decision on what our dinners are (I make my own breakfast and lunch). I always adapt the meal they make to make it either vegetarian or vegan. But now, my mom has moved out and my dad is 'forcing' me to eat meat. I say 'forcing' because he is not holding me at gun point, we just sit at the table until I eat it, but that takes too long and I have a lot of other things to be doing. I don't want to eat meat obviously, I am not comfortable with it. And it's not hurting anyone that I don't eat it, i make my own meals already, I pay for my own ingredients most of the time and I am very healthy. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can convince him to let me not eat meat?

who knows?
    maybe he keeps you at the table because he thinks being vegetarian is somehow unhealthy or maybe he just has control issues or maybe you really do have an eating disorder and he's desperate.

I most definitely do not have a eating disorder, but i think it is because he believes it to be unhealthy not to eat animal products. And he is a lawyer, which is obnoxious at a time like this. I need to make an air tight case to convince him that being vegetarian is the health and morally right thing to do.