Gamers, geeks, pop culture lovers looking to add friends? Here ya go

Replies

• jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Ah, the good ol' insurmountable waist-height fence*. That's right up there with touch a body of water and immediately drown...probably my least-favorite game design quirk.

*WARNING: TV Tropes link. Use at your peril.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Gamer (no new consoles, I'm all about some N64), sci-fi/fantasy geek. I still watch some anime/read manga from my younger days.
  • Erephyre
    Erephyre Posts: 45 Member
    Hai guys. Fellow gamer/anime lover as well...and cartoons, ha. Mainly into online RPG games, like Aura Kingdom. Sadly haven't been able to play because my laptop sucks, so now I've been playing the Xbox.
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Hmm well I'm just a basic playstation gamer.
  • nadimsabra
    nadimsabra Posts: 62 Member
    I game I own all the new gen systems xbox one ps4 and Wii u and the 3ds lol add me up gamers :)
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Uhhh.. I play that marvel heroes game thingy on the PS4 from time to time o.o
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Oh. And waiting on doom. Pre-ordered yayz
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    edited April 2016
    Feel free to add me! I'm looking for more active, interesting friends on MFP. Preferably Slytherins. (jk I love all of you. unless you're a dirty muggle.) c:

I'm into a lot of different things. Some of my fandoms: Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, Free! (yeah, the swimming anime), Hannibal, Star Wars, MCU, BBC Merlin, Sherlock (though it's gone downhill), J-rock and visual kei, on and on. Currently taking a break playing Fire Emblem Fates to finish my novel for Camp NaNoWriMo. Really hungry for Rogue One and the next Daredevil season on Netflix. :blush:

I roleplay too, I hear that's pretty nerdy.
  • darthtrooper91
    darthtrooper91 Posts: 10 Member
    I am a HUGE fan of Doctor Who! It's kind of weird to be a whovian in Spain, but here I am, hahaha. I also love all kind of sci-fi films and series, being Star Wars one of my faves. I also LOVE british comedies, especially everything related to Simon Pegg/Nick Frost.

And a gamer. I've owned all the nintendo consoles, but I've recently started to get tired of it, so I've switched to sony instead (sorry Nintendo!). I mean, yeah, I adore Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, professor Layton and all those kind of games but seriously, I'd like to play new stuff from time to time, so I decided I should buy a PS3. It really was a breath of fresh air to play games like Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted or The Last of Us.

Aaaand, even if some people have called me a geek for that...I must admit I love everything related to language learning. My native languages are Spanish and Catalan and I am fluent in English too... but somehow I felt I was missing something. I mean, with all the existing languages out there, why only speak three? I thought learning a new language could be cool, so here I am now, struggling through the Norwegian grammar and vocabulary. I started only a few months ago, and all I've learned has been self-taught, so it's being a slow process... (men jeg elsker norsk og Norge, så jeg skal lære det! :smile: )

So... yeah, feel free to add me!!
  • MrJumpingWolf
    MrJumpingWolf Posts: 49 Member
    Psn: NDN_JumpingWolf
  • mariv0
    mariv0 Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2016
    Can I openly, without fear, declare myself as a "casual." I used to watch anime/read Manga. I don't anymore. I don't like Star Wars/most Sci fi. I casually read some comic books but none about super heroes (because anyone who doesn't think Chew is just the best comic book in the world is wrong). I don't like MOBAs or FPSes.

I'm pretty freaking social (I'm a registered Nurse; it comes with the territory) but am still weirdly introverted (recharge by myself). So I go out Friday night to a show, crawl in a hole all of Saturday, and then brunch and game with friends on Sundays.

Basically, I'm the weirdest type of nerd. I write Harry Potter (straight) and Sherlock fanfiction (slash) . I put hundreds of hours into Fallout 4 before I realized my character looked like a replica of my Saints Row 4 dude. I only liked Far Cry Primal because I could have pets. I own an embarrassing amount of Assassin's Creed merch. I don't like D&D but basically singlehandedly keep Kickstarter's tabletop game category in business.

And finally, I was picked to do the demonstration at Ollivanders at Universal for my 24th birthday, and getting that wand is still the single greatest experience of my life, even though my best friend got me a pricey, custom one from Allivans.

Can I belong here, too? I like Deadpool!
  • Madwhizzard
    Madwhizzard Posts: 29 Member
    I love gaming, SciFi/Fantasy, read the Song of Ice & Fire before it became a TV show, re-reading the Wheel of Time (on book 4 right now), have to admit I've made some of my best friends on WoW (and we visit in person!), and love Marvel (DC is good too but Marvel has my heart). Add me if you need more geek friends :)
  • Fancyedit
    Fancyedit Posts: 243 Member
    Oooo... a thread of my favorite folks! :smile:

I like rpg games, World of Warcraft, Everquest, Diablo.. I play PC mostly.

RC Cars, airplanes, helicopters, and drones...

Star Wars, Back to the Future.. all Parts but personally my favorite is Part 2 and yes I will debate this with you - and I will win! :smiley:

I'm not a geek.. I'm just interesting :blush: Okay, so I'm a geek! But I own it well.. :smiley:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    Ah, the good ol' insurmountable waist-height fence*. That's right up there with touch a body of water and immediately drown...probably my least-favorite game design quirk.

*WARNING: TV Tropes link. Use at your peril.

Okay, Alien Isolation.. so far i've got the Insurmountable Waist High Fence (a shopping cart) and now I've got the 10-second flashlight and the quintessential bald psycho with the gun and the crazy eyes. Is there a good reason to continue this game . .or am I out $12.95?
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Never played it so I can't speak to it, but I rarely give up on games. There was Summoner back on the PS2, it gave me motion sickness, and Star Tropics can eff right off.

Alien Isolation seems to have gotten mixed reviews though.
  • SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    YES. I need more nerd friends.

I love comics! I read Marvel (Thor, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, SpiderGwen). I also read a fair amount of Image books (Rat Queens, Birthright, Walking Dead). I don't read too much DC, but I might start reading Flash now that Josh Williamson is writing it.

I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan (I have a tattoo of the elvish script from the one ring). Other fandoms I'm into are: Star Wars, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Pokemon, Back to the Future, Orphan Black.... the list goes on.

Feel free to add me! :)
  • nojuicejustjin_
    nojuicejustjin_ Posts: 238 Member
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    edited May 2016
    (former console, now emulator) PC Master Race/Steam gamer here and generally all things gamer-ish, geeky, nerdy, etc. Add, if you dare! Fandoms occasionally, comics, anything Fallout-related, RPGs etc.
  • RagTagSampson
    RagTagSampson Posts: 74 Member
    PS4 guy, been with Sony since PS1 (yea I am old, I get it). In all fairness I tried Xbox and she just never grabbed onto me.