• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Dillinger Escape Plan
  • Bigwig236
    Bigwig236 Posts: 74 Member
    Muse.
  • shanna_wainwright
    shanna_wainwright Posts: 35 Member
    Woodstock in 1998. Yes, it ended in a hot mess. But I got to go for free, and worked (barely) there for all 3 days. I saw the guys from Metallica back stage, danced on stage with Ice T, and saw all the bands I wanted. Red Hot Chili Peppers on that last night was magical. I crowd surfed during Limp Bizkit, was up front and center for Kid Rock- seriously the best time ever for a 19 year old!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Volbeat, Motorhead, Lacuna Coil and Megadeth

Lindsey Stirling was pretty amazing on her own though.

Hoping that Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat later this summer becomes #1
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Rob Zombie is hands down the best show I have ever been to. His energy is insane, and I love that he jokes/interacts with the crowd. There is a reason I have seen him live 5x now...lol
  • G085H173
    G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    Hmmm
    "Aida" by Verdi in the open air Roman amphitheatre in the heart of Verona, drinking Prosecco and eating bread sticks wrapped in Parma ham. It was even better than Metallica's "...And Justice for All" tour which was awesome - even all those years ago!
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    yusaku02 wrote: »

Hoping that Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat later this summer becomes #1

if you run into me there it will... :wink:
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Back in the day there were multiple act shows. One country rock and one rock.

38 Special, Outlaws, Charlie Daniels Band, Marshall Tucker Band with Charlie Daniels Playing fiddle.

Jimmy Buffet, Loggins & Messina, J Geils, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles with Joe Walsh.

Both concerts in the gatorbowl, Jacksonville Florida. B)
  • meaniemeakin
    meaniemeakin Posts: 6 Member
    Michael Jackson at Aintree racecourse. Awesome
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Been to so many. Maybe 800 or more. One of my favorites was California Jam in 1974.
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    The first two Lollapalooza's were simply unbelievable when I think back on who played and what the event became; but I was 13 and 14 and really didn't have an appreciation for the magnitude of it till later.

Best quality show overall was Roger Waters tour for The Wall a few years back. Every detail was perfectly executed and the music, well, its just amazing.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Garth Brooks last year...his music may be cliché...but he and his other performers go all out live.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Love Aerosmith in concert. Also have to give a nod to an impromptu concert I caught in a small rock club in Superior, WI. After giving a concert at the arena in Duluth Skid Row pulled their bus up to the club, kicked the band that was playing off stage, brought in a few more speakers and played for about three hours for free drinks. They played mostly covers, but were having such a good time it was just fun to be there... although the last hour they were kind of toasted and it got sloppy.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member

I think I'd rather run into you at a Steel Panther concert :tongue:
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Has to be red hot chilli peppers
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member

I think I'd rather run into you at a Steel Panther concert :tongue:

pssh you'll run into me anywhere and be happy!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Been a ton, but immediate stand-outs in my mind are Vince Gill at the AZ State Fair, circa 1995, and the most AMAZING was the opening night of the Dr. Feelgood tour down in Tucson for Motely Crue. GREAT show.

Any Rush show.
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Green Day, once in London then in Birmingham. Even better the second time round
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    edited June 2016
    RW_TOUR_2010___IMG_0501.jpg

Best show prior to that:

guns_rear.JPG