• stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    stowns30 wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    3,000 a day now since I'm trying to gain

May i ask how much are you gaining per week?

Well I literally just started my weight gaining journey on Friday of last week so I haven't weighed in yet. I'm going to weigh myself on Friday. Once a week and keep track of how many pounds I put on. I'll update as I go along. Hopefully I can gain up to 5lbs a week.

Well good luck. If you want to mitigate some fat gains, i would follow a progressive lifting program. And to gain 5 lbs of weight (outside of water) you would have to eat an additional 2500 calories over your maintenance level. This means you would probably need 5000 or more to achieve that goals.

Are u a doctor? Personal trainer of some sort?
  • stowns30
    Options
    Not being rude just wondering
  • stowns30
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Waiting for my waist shaper thingy to come. I will continue to do lower body and ab workouts 3x a week with it on and see what happens. Gonna keep pushing for 3,000 calories a day. I read good and bad reviews but what I always keep in mind is that not everything will work for everybody so never knock it b4 u try it. I'm all about trying things out for myself. I will update with pictures soon!
  • stowns30
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Waiting for my waist shaper thingy to come. I will continue to do lower body and ab workouts 3x a week with it on and see what happens. Gonna keep pushing for 3,000 calories a day. I read good and bad reviews but what I always keep in mind is that not everything will work for everybody so never knock it b4 u try it. I'm all about trying things out for myself. I will update with pictures soon!

you know those waist shapers are a gimmick, right?

I don't know... I've seen some great results and reviews. I found one on eBay for next to nothing so it's worth a try. Lol
  • JeffMatchett
    JeffMatchett Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just a side note if your hips are generally like they are in the before pictures you have what I consider an issue with your posture. See deviation 2 here. Routine stretches might work it out, but I'm not chiropractor. Completely off topic I know, don't hate me.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

you know those waist shapers are a gimmick, right?

I don't know... I've seen some great results and reviews. I found one on eBay for next to nothing so it's worth a try. Lol

Genetics will determine where fat is stored. Those results were from people who already were genetically prediposed towards gaining fat elsewhere
  • stowns30
    Options
    Well okay AGAIN... we'll see!
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! And i feel u on the stomach situation lol...Good job!
  • stowns30
    Options
    Congrats!! And i feel u on the stomach situation lol...Good job!

Thank you
  • stowns30
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just a side note if your hips are generally like they are in the before pictures you have what I consider an issue with your posture. See deviation 2 here. Routine stretches might work it out, but I'm not chiropractor. Completely off topic I know, don't hate me.

My posture is just fine
  • bobclapp18
    bobclapp18 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What are some possible side effects you all experience?
  • stowns30
    Options
    bobclapp18 wrote: »

Other than feeling the urge to eat I don't have any. It makes you a little drowsy the first day or so, but that's about it.
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bobclapp18 wrote: »

Other than feeling the urge to eat I don't have any. It makes you a little drowsy the first day or so, but that's about it.

Same here...first couple of days i was drowsy but after that i just eat all the time
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I wear a belt every day and I also find that my waist stays slim. Maybe try wearing a belt
  • sam090090
    sam090090 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Apetamin? Never heard of it. Is it safe? Hahaha asian guy here