Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Tess - your lunch sounds good too! I'm putting hummus and tomatoes on the grocery list~~

I managed 45 minutes in the pool doing my water exercises. Maybe a walk too, to fend off boredom?

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    I managed 45 minutes in the pool doing my water exercises. Maybe a walk too, to fend off boredom?

Good for you, Lana! You inspire me - headed out on a walk now myself....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Good evening,

Found a couple of nice tops at consignment shop, but they dont sell plus size pants. Tried on a dress only to see that it made me look seriously pregnant - not a rumor I need to start for any reason :D Will have to find hangers for these pieces so I must get rid of 3 things - will not buy more hangers......

Oatmeal for dinner and hot cocoa later. Hot enough out there to dry my laundry even though I got it out there later than usual. Clean sheets/pajamas after a couple hot days is a "treat".

Did get a nap in.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog is up and fed. Short errand list today. Will look for more sleep.

I mark every day and having just spent time rolling through my FB I now know why, it is one long stream of information and if I did not mark each day this message board would be the same.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.

• janicegluck
    janicegluck Posts: 7 Member
    Hello... my first time posting in this thread. I am a serial starter too... so am looking for a group of similar people for support and to push thru to my goal....
  • LanaCabana537

Warm Welcome to Janice~~

Sara - I am very glad that you start each day with that huge, all-caps day of the week. It is a great help.

I talked to my sister in Redwood City yesterday, and she mentioned the heat. I know you have it far worse up where you live. Stay cool my dear!

It is another crisp morning here; only 72 degrees. 83 is the predicted high. That's low for August.

Time for more coffee and a shower. :smiley:

243.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Because one of these days I'm going to actually post correctlyb5rjbvdiw3rz.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Back from groceries. 104 today :o - bought some tabbouleh salad after making sure the green herbs were not anything I am allergic to. Sweet potatoes have been disappointing at the asian market so I got 2 large ones at the other store, will cut up into sections and take to work.

Welcome to Janice and Velocity, stop by and post when you can this is an open board. I keep switching the words on that post and it makes no sense until I reread it.....

BBL.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Just took dog out and looked up temperature online 106 just glad the dog didnt want a long outing.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara - that is too warm... we've been lucky, nights have been 60- 70ish.... days only 80's..not sure what that's going to mean for winter.... could be downright miserably cold
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning, down .4 considering this heat that is amazing as I tend to gain weight in these hot temps. Another 104 at least today and all week 100 or more. It is August. Sleep will be interesting.....

Luckily my dinners will be light and easy.

Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Monday

Won't even go into the diet and lack of exercise rant. It just is. Working to be better this week.

We did have a fun weekend celebrating DD's b-day - which will actually be Wednesday. She and I made "Beauty and the Beast" themed cupcakes. I'm including a picture here. She loves to bake cupcakes and I decided to have some patience and do these together. We baked two-tone blueberry lemonade cupcakes, made candy roses and the rose domes, and made our own frosting. I frosted the cupcakes and she did the decorating. I think they turned out pretty good!

ot2fcz4dn9k3.jpg
  • LanaCabana537

Happy Monday everyone!

Sara !!! *******CONGRATULATIONS on the great weigh in!!!!***************
    Good for you. You have been plugging away at this, and you are seeing the results of your efforts and new good habits. Steady as she goes~~

Annie - What super cupcakes you two made. Happy Birthday wishes for your daughter; did you say? How old will she be on Wednesday?

I love Beauty and the Beast. I ran a follow spot on that show for a few years of its long run, and I must say that those years were the happiest of my life. Life was less complicated then. I never got tired of doing that show~~

Waving over at Dawn~~

Welcome to Velocity!

Saving lounge chairs for Janice and Kathryn and Missy and Ali and Samuels and Saltine and Tess and Vanessa and ENichols.

I am not sure, but I think that none of us are from Texas or Louisiana, but I don't know where you newer peeps live.

BBL - time to eat and then exercise in the pool.

Lana

243.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    ASalner wrote: »
    Monday

Won't even go into the diet and lack of exercise rant. It just is. Working to be better this week.

We did have a fun weekend celebrating DD's b-day - which will actually be Wednesday. She and I made "Beauty and the Beast" themed cupcakes. I'm including a picture here. She loves to bake cupcakes and I decided to have some patience and do these together. We baked two-tone blueberry lemonade cupcakes, made candy roses and the rose domes, and made our own frosting. I frosted the cupcakes and she did the decorating. I think they turned out pretty good!

ot2fcz4dn9k3.jpg

Those are amazing! You both did a wonderful job! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DD!
  • arniedog74
    Lana- waves...I bet that would have been fun show to work on...I'm not a huge fan... but, all the costumes and props are fun...

Sara - Congrats on WI...I know what you mean, I feel like I gain when it's hot... this is a strange August for us... could mean a warm Sept, who knows...

Trying my best to think before I eat... it's kind of easy when I'm out... trouble at home is SO thinks I'm perfect the way I am and continues to try to get me to eat more... funny thing, I've never been a big eater,
    (Portions ) it's mostly making bad choices... he tries to fill me with chocolate, which is a huge weakness for me... another birthday at work, today... which means more cake...I'm going to do my best to just pretend it's not there...I just don't want it, even if I really do....

Gonna finish lunch and get back to work...
    Have a great rest of the day..
  • LanaCabana537

Dawn, I am trying to get a handle on what you said about SO thinking you are perfect the way you are.....that could be fine if you are in a healthy weight range and not in the overweight or obese range.
    Losing weight and eating healthy are hard enough without having our SOs not supporting our goal.

Time to go log my breakfast and lunch.....and time to make something for dinner....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Hot here- just saying. Love dog who did not take extra long pit stop - will get her out later. 108 right now. Took shower and drinking extra water.

Lana - Dawn is probably 10-15 pounds from goal. Those last pounds are the hardest.

Someone on FB posted a man playing a dulcimer and doing "Everybody wants to rule the world" by Tears for Fears. Not my favorite song - but it was done so well that I shared it so I can listen to it again otherwise these things get lost. Much nicer way to spend time than reading other pointless things on FB - some of it is pointless.

Got call to start colonoscopy process, will have to call back and make first apt - if it is in the suburb I am hoping it is half the distance and much easier to get to and doesnt have parking fees. Hope for Friday appointment for the procedure as my driver has that day off.

Blah blah blah blah blah - Keep moving keep grooving.

Leave you worries behind
    'Cause rain, shine, don't mind
    We're ridin' on the groove line tonight.

Grooveline lyrics by Heatwave. Figured on such a hot day have something productive called Heatwave.....

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - Glad to know that Miss Dawn is close to her goal weight. Someday I will be too! Cannot wait, but that will be a year from now, I think. ( I am 70 calories in the red tonight. )

Such a drag that it is so darned hot out there in California. I hope that you and Miss Tillie sleep well tonight and that you don't have too much music playing in your head! LOL!

Hugs,

Lana
  • farmgirlco
    farmgirlco Posts: 118 Member
    Hi all!! Stumbled across this thread. I cancelled my WW membership today. Points/points plus helped me lose 90+ lbs. life happened and the last few came back and I HATE SMART POINTS and the people on Connect never seem to have a bad day. Can anyone join your thread??
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Farmgirlco - Yes!! anyone can join our thread. We have bad days but try and stop them before they become bad weeks and added pounds.

Oatmeal is done. Weather people cant agree on anything - but next weekend looks too hot for words.

Hoping for a little more zzz before dog walk/work.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.