Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Ashrenalls wrote: »
    Hey all! I’m still here! It’s been a crazy week. I’ll catch up more tomorrow. Girls are coming over tonight for games and treats. We went to the gym tonight. 4 nights for me this week!

Ok I’m off.

Much love!
    Ash

Have fun Ash!
    Congrats on the 4 times at the gym this week! That is excellent!

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    SATURDAY,

Good morning, Dog woke me up she was hungry! Good sign for her. She gave one of her new meds that she could chew the brush off so into the liverwurst it went ( I asked if they could be taken together). Dog to groomer after normal errands. Leftover Korean Beef into fried rice for the week, but otherwise no new ideas for meals. ZZZZZ upstairs!

Ash - good job with the workouts!

More sleep with any luck. BBL
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - I need more sleep too, but I also wanted some 1/3 caf coffee, so we'll see if I can sleep any more.

You often mention liverwurst for Tillie and her meds. I would get into such trouble with liverwurst around the house--I love it. My father was always fond of it, so I grew up with it....Yum! And baloney and all that other junky food we grew up with.

Food idea: Frozen mixed vegetables.
    I have lately been keeping several different types of bagged frozen vegetables (mostly mixes) in my freezer. They are very handy for a quick addition into my omelets and quesadillas, when I need to colorize and bulk up a meal without adding very many calories.

Also, I've rediscovered good old garlic powder - can help a boring meal. Of course I don't have to socialize with people.....

I think we are getting rain later today over to tomorrow. Poo. I am too tired to go out now, so my walking may be the in-the-house variety today.

Welcome to anyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

243.6 stuck here it seems for several days
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Happy Saturday, everyone!

Brunch was smoked sausage, avocado, eggs, and cheese. Yum!

Every day has had something this week. Drama, girls Bible study, gym, grading. It has been a whirlwind. I wouldn’t change it though.

The kids are starting to get it together. Several of them need to work on their lines though! We can’t really get into the meat of it with them tethered to their scripts, you know.

Three weeks’ grades are due Monday, but I’m getting that “kitten” done today, “kittens”. Haha.

I like the idea of the frozen veggies for stuff like that. I have used frozen broccoli to do beef and broccoli.

Alright. Off to work I go. I plan to take a walk today. I washed my headphones though. *epic sad face*

Much love to all who pass by....
    -Ash

C-262.7
    H-268.4
    G-225
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    What a heartbreaking end to this week...

Thursday morning, there was a tragic, head on collision, killing 2 mothers, putting 3 children in the hospital and leaving 6 young children motherless...

Thursday night, there was a house fire... complete loss, including the life of an amazing woman and her pup...

Friday night, there was an accident on my way home... thankfully, I think all were ok...

I honestly, wanted to come home and never leave again...

One of my co-workers and I decided to do a Buddy Drive...we are taking collections to buy Scentsy Buddies for the children...we want to do something special for them, let them have their own special thing to help comfort them.. this is an unbelievable tragedy... it has really shook up this community, they were both well known women... and, the woman lost in the fire was a huge pillar to the community...
  • arniedog74
    And, once again... plans for SO to see his son have been stopped...we had a whole trip planned and, he "doesn't want" his Dad to come... this is coming from the Mom, as she still won't allow him to talk to him on the phone... it's so heartbreaking... she is making this so much worse on both of them...I can only hope, at some point, the boy will stand up to her and insist on see his Dad... so unfair to SO and son
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Oh, Dawn, I’m so sorry to hear all of that. I will pray for you and for your community and for you SO. All of that hardship in one week.

Is there anything I or my kids can do to help the children who lost their moms? Is there a news article I can share with them so we can brainstorm ways to help? Writing cards or sending gifts?
  • arniedog74
    edited March 2018
    Ashrenalls wrote: »
    Oh, Dawn, I’m so sorry to hear all of that. I will pray for you and for your community and for you SO. All of that hardship in one week.

Is there anything I or my kids can do to help the children who lost their moms? Is there a news article I can share with them so we can brainstorm ways to help? Writing cards or sending gifts?

Thank you so much...I know things happen.. but, when it hits so close to home, it makes it hard to not worry ...I know the families appreciate all the prayers... have not heard an update on 2 yr old, he was in serious condition...i think the others in the accident are going to be ok, but have a long road ahead of them...

I will see if I can get the link to the news article and post it here... thanks again

http://www.lakenewsonline.com/news/20180322/identities-of-victims-in-thursday-morning-crash-released

Try this link Ash...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Good evening,

So proud of the posts - what can we do to help? Dawn if you can keep us posted. Here they often create a trust fund but sometimes money isnt possible. Dawn you mentioned scentsy buddies are these things we can order online through you?

I had one portion left of chicken/roast veg, so that became dinner. Lunch tomorrow is still a mystery.

One of my neighbors makes my dog bark and growl and I try and stop the dog - neighbor always checks outside her apartment for dog deposits - my dog's are small in size - I can just imagine what management would think if she complained about a large deposit and saying it was my dog's....... :o

Windy here after last of the massive storm went through.

Lana - thank you for the reminder of frozen vegetables. I remember in college having a plate of vegetables in the dining hall if the entree wasnt something I wanted. Good way to get your 5 in.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Ash and Dawn and Sara ~~

Dawn - so much terrible news in such a short period of time. Those poor children. Awful loss of life--the three women.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Lana - very terrible news...very somber times...

Sara - the Buddies are available to purchase online....

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9128427

They are proven to help with Anxiety in children...the soothing scents are very comforting..

Thank you for asking...
  • arniedog74
    Not sure what I'm doing with food choices the last few days...I think before I eat... but, I continue to make horrible choices... must make a fresh start, get back on track..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning.

Groceries and food prep today.

Dawn - day I found out coworker's baby died I had 3 large pieces of cake. We all get sidetracked from the road of health when life steps in. Thank you for the link. I will take a look later today.

zzz for me? BBl.
  • LanaCabana537

Good Sunday morning to All~~

Sara and Dawn - help me out with the Scentsy Buddy for the children in MO. Remember sometimes my brain gets stuck, especially on new websites, and also I think that I don't have a certain thing? plug-in? on my my Mac because I don't see the whole page when I go to the Buddies page.

Is there a way to contribute to this or buy one and have Dawn get credit for it?
    If not, is there a way to get one and have it go to where it needs to go?

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Today was an odd weigh in, Sunday being "the official day". I'm a daily weigher.

We'll see what the next couple of days say. I have not been tracking, but have made mostly good choices.

241.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Lana- I have not been on Dawn's website yet but I also had the same question about the scentsy buddies.

Was your weigh in good or bad?

Dawn there is a 'buddy drive' for these families- if I order, I am hoping they dont send them to me.....
  • arniedog74
    Sara- I think you can order and have it sent to me...I can put the order on my workstation, but I would have to get payment from you... let me try to send you a message on here....

Lana - I will be right back to see if I can explain....

Thank you both for asking...
  • arniedog74
    Sara - message sent... please let me know if you get it... this thing is really hit or miss when it comes to message delivery...

Lana - I do believe, the best way is to order and have it sent to me...I don't want to ask people for their personal information... on my site, if you shop the Buddy Drive, go to the Kids Section and choose Scentsy Buddy's... there are about 7 available, so it's all on 1 screen...

If anyone would like to order/donate...I can message you my address to have it sent to me... Thank you all for your interest...I know, the kids will be so happy to get their new friends...
  • arniedog74
    Lana - your WI looks great... what makes it "odd"

Sara - I just can't stop eating sweets... usually, I'm really good at stopping myself and not getting carried away...I know, a lot has to do with stress, and nerves... gotta get a handle on it before it gets too outta control...

Have a great day everyone...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn, got your email, sent item to you. Hope you get the confirmation. Figured apple pie was as comforting as I could think of without knowing the child. Let me know if there are any troubles/issues with order.

Seems I have appointments next 3 Fridays, so 4 Fridays off in a row. I hope there is not a problem at work to do so......So far I have 2 appointments each day.

Shepard's pie for lunch - I could make that - but I got lazy. Spring temps will be here soon and salads are better in warm weather.

Off to read book and sleep with dog.

BBL.