Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Kittens_info - Welcome!! 2017 will be a year of more Questions of the Day / Week, planning our meals and cooking ahead - read the thread (okay maybe too long....) - or how about since New Year's. Stop by and post when you can.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning, AARRG! I was hoping it was Sunday. Oh well.

Up .2 - so not worrying - hoping weight comes down a little after TOM stops.....Have 3 frozen meals of fried rice and 2 frozen lasagnas - eggs are always an option.

Rain here again and for most of week. We complain now, wait until it is 100 or more and we actually may have water this year in the summer.......

Glad I didnt watch Super Bowl - I "watched" via internet a couple of times. Watched Jane Austen and knitted instead much more productive for me.

Missy - hope your fiance is feeling better and fingers crossed you dont get it or get it as bad. My company offered Flu Shots so I took advantage.

No question of the day from this brain - anyone got one??

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Good Morning!

I heard that the Lady Gaga half time show was good - I should have tuned in for it, but I was watching last episode of Nobel on Netflix instead.
    Sara - Only one card so far. Typical of NYC mail service. Dog up in the air! LOL! Will check box again today.

QOTD: What weight loss program are you using right now, and what is the best thing about it?

AOTD: My Fitness Pal (free) counting calories. It's free, and I am on a very tight budget. Also, its calorie data base is enormous.

Today's weigh in: 235.8
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185 or 175?
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Mornin all!

Missy - hope fiance gets better soon and you don't get sick...Airborne seems to help pretty good...

Sara- I am one of those odd people, I enjoy the rain... well, until it goes on for weeks... yesterday and today has been warm... yet, they are calling for snow in a couple days... crazy weather!

Lana - glad you made it back safe! We watched Super Bowl off and on...I only watch for commercials... which, I was rather disappointed with this year...

AOTD: MFP for me as well... I'm just not as dedicated as I should be... it's hard for me to do it alone... too easy to cheat...I did really well on WW... just can't afford it, anymore...

Hazy, lazy day, today...
    Will check in later...
    Have a great day!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Monday

Home sick today. Tummy was not feeling good yesterday or last night. Did not sleep well. Decided to stay home, rest, and do my homework. Not a great week to have a sick day since I have a parent-teacher conference tomorrow, vacation day on Wednesday, and PT on Thursday morning. Oh well! The work will still be there.

AOTD: Tracking on MyFitnessPal. I do like that it's free. I also like the ability to build my recipes to get the actual calorie and nutrient count.

Have a good day.

Annie

Saturday's WI: 156.8
    All-time high: 177.8
    Lowest weight in 2016: 148.8 (April)
    Lowest weight: 145 (in July 2014)
    Goal: 145 or 140?
  • LanaCabana537

My goodness---lots of people and puppies sick! I hope everyone feels better soon~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Good evening,

Eggs and sausage with tea for dinner. Rainy and wet, so breakfast sounded good.

I found a pattern to make the "kitten hats" they had on the Women's March - I was curious how they were made as I knit a lot. I have some bright pink yarn so I offered to make one for a lady at work - I guess I insulted her. She will not get one as she does not want one.... I will make one and give to one of my "radical" friends. (I just got censored so I changed it to their word - "kitten")

Security guard liked his hat - it was big for him, but 100% wool will shrink. Have extra wool to knit a scarf for someone......so many projects only 2 hands.

Dental bill was a nice reality check - insurance only paid half of what was expected, so it will just add up......

Did some research at work/used the printer on the cost of healthcare - better ways to use healthcare for a work idea. I will start reading it tonight. Asked manager if she knows people who can be a "go to" for baby hats as there are now 2 of us interested in making them.

So chatty tonight - Under Lana's Palm Tree with hot rock/aroma therapy it will be quiet until Miss Tillie shows up........
  • LanaCabana537
    Sarah I too had eggs for dinner! I love breakfast for dinner.

I have a little over 200 cal left. Maybe some Cheerios and milk before bed.

Sleep tight
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - I thought of you - father sent me some recipies

http://ucdintegrativemedicine.com/recipes/ricotta-crostini-cranberry-salsa/

here are a couple more possiblities

http://ucdintegrativemedicine.com/recipes/ajs-sweet-potato-nachos/

http://ucdintegrativemedicine.com/recipes/wholesome-power-wedges/

http://ucdintegrativemedicine.com/recipes/buffalo-cauliflower-wings/

the other ones look too "California" .......

Variety is key. Waving with Miss T to all a good evening.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - recipes look gooooood!

Going back to sleep, I hope....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Not a lot of sleep last night - women's issues (no details), so really hoping to get more sleep before dog walk.

Loud wind this morning. Rain on tap as well.

Have one taker for pink hat, so I can keep knitting that pattern. I have 4 sets of needles going - wont be bored.

Stay warm and dry out there. Will stop by later and lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - we are having rain as well. Worse, there will be cold and snow right before I have to have my surgery on Friday. Harrumph!

Here is my work in progress of My Menu - a tool I am creating to help me especially with times when I am tired and cannot think of what to have to eat or have no oomph/time to track on MFP. With this, I can do it on paper or in my head.....

......curses.....I can't get it to transfer here. I am not a computer genius.....Will take a photo of it later and post.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2017
    QOTD: Are you able to eat ALL of your meals & snacks sitting down?

Beck and other sources say that eating mindfully, seated is a very helpful good habit.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    AOTD : Meals yes, snacks most of the time.

I usually get friend requests as I started this board - new people posting do not be offended if I dont "friend" you back - I dont know what that means so I ignore it. Post here so we can met you!!

At work. bbl.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Tuesday

Back at work today. Feeling better, although low back is tight and achy. Very irritating. Just emailed my massage person to see if I can get myself on her schedule soon. Telling myself I will feel better one day. Will probably have to resort to some ibuprofen since stretching just isn't cutting it today.

Started taking BP yesterday and it's running high. Sigh. My mom told me not to be surprised if I have to go on meds. It runs in our family. Even aunt who is a skinny-minny got high BP. I know I'm a bit overweight but I eat a diet relatively low in sodium and I try to exercise as I am able. (Not a lot right now with back being out of whack.) I guess I won't be able to avoid high BP.

Going to DS's parent-teacher conference this afternoon. Meeting tonight for theatre organization where I volunteer. Tomorrow I'm taking a vacation day to usher school groups in and out of a theatre performance for same organization. My DS's class is attending tomorrow's show. :)

Scale is slowly moving in right direction. Now to keep it going! Haven't really decided yet if official WI day will be Friday or Saturday morning. Lunch will be baked chicken and asian cabbage salad. Supper will be leftover white chicken chili. Snacks are string cheese and veggies. Lots of water!

Lana - I wanted to send you a big Congratulations for facing the scale when you got back to NY. I know it is hard to do.

Will lurk from work.

Annie
  • LanaCabana537

Sara, I've been getting some friend requests also. (Hello Annie!)

New People: We are a group that posts only on this thread. It's all we can handle! LOL!

......sitting down to dinner at the table...... (AOTD)

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Good evening,

Thought I posted before..... where did it go??

Off to walk dog - then get ready to sit and watch dvd and knit.

Will try and stop by before snoring starts.....
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Day 1 of trying no soda/ caffeine at night... really hard... mostly because I'm picky about other drinks...I prefer tea and soda...having hot and spicy V8..I like it, but feel more thirsty... and, I'm really craving the taste of soda... ugh... not sure how long this will last...SO doesn't get it... he says I'm fine, not grumpy or hateful...told him, that's cuz he doesn't work with me...I do want to get over the grumpiness... but, I truly want to not be tired all the time...I want to at least try it for a bit...I don't know how serious I'm going to be about this... in my mind, I'm going to do a lot... but, I will do my best...

Try to be back later...
    Have a great night!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn - trying is a great beginning, dont belittle your attempts.

Time to head for hammock under Lana's Palm Tree.
  • LanaCabana537
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Day 1 of trying no soda/ caffeine at night... really hard... mostly because I'm picky about other drinks...I prefer tea and soda...having hot and spicy V8..I like it, but feel more thirsty... and, I'm really craving the taste of soda... ugh... not sure how long this will last...SO doesn't get it... he says I'm fine, not grumpy or hateful...told him, that's cuz he doesn't work with me...I do want to get over the grumpiness... but, I truly want to not be tired all the time...I want to at least try it for a bit...I don't know how serious I'm going to be about this... in my mind, I'm going to do a lot... but, I will do my best...

Try to be back later...
    Have a great night!

Dawn,

What is it that you are missing from the tea and soda?
    Does the tea have the same high fructose corn syrup as the soda does?
    The tea has caffeine I imagine. Do your favorite sodas have caffeine too?

Seems to me that your replacement for these things needs to have caffeine.

Regular V-8 has very high sodium. That's why you are thirsty. Try the low-sodium, but expect a very different drink: sweeter, milder, different.

OK - time to try to go back to sleep.

Lana