Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    WEDNESDAY,

Good morning,

Doing health research, I run into things and think 'okay I need to think about that' - Vitamin B12 in small doses is on my shopping list.

Rain until Saturday. Just is so making the best of it.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member

Good morning All~~

*snapping fingers for Cabana Boy to bring more black coffee*

Today's weight: 235.2
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185 or 175?
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hi ladies! I am trying no caffeine, because of what I read about Adrenal Glands... it says no caffeine... but, if you do drink it, drink early in day...I just love the taste of my sodas (which does have caffeine) and, it's so much cheaper and I'm poor..I tried "Naked" juice... but, it's so expensive and full of sugar... which, I'm supposed to cut down on that, too...I used to like flavored water, but it always had Nutri Sweet, which gave me headaches...I need to find something, cuz I see myself slipping back to soda very soon...

I don't even know for sure that my problem is my Adrenal Glands... but, when I read the symptoms... it fit me perfectly... so, I thought I would try to change things and see if I noticed any difference or improvement...

I will say, I feel like I slept better last night...I did wake up still tired... but, I stayed up a little later...I didn't have the nausea as I normally do, until I was on my way to work... so, that was a nice change...I always wake up nauseated, this has been going on for years... and, is a sign of Adrenal Gland fatigue...

Sara - I am thinking of B12, myself...I used to take it... it never gave me the boost of energy I was promised... but, I knew it was good to have... there is a new vitamin (not sure if it's vitamin exactly) Ashwaganda (?) That is recommended for Adrenal Glands and Thyroid... Will be looking into this...

Well, off to get some dinner... thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions... not giving up, yet...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Frozen lasagna in toaster oven.

Vitamin B12 I will see about the "Brain fog" and tingly fingers - energy?? Oh I think I would ask too much..... There is a brand that sells B12 alone and with Iron - I am thinking of getting both and alternating as having cycles again I probably could use a little extra.

Rain poured this morning, but calm for now. Poor lady walked in from parking lot for a meeting of some kind and her trench coat was so wet I could see what was in her pockets.....

Dawn, can you drink herbal teas? So many drinks have extra sugar or artificial stuff...

Lana I wanted some seriously strong coffee this morning as well, but my stomach would have rebelled. Hope the barista found you and gave you a wonderful Latte or Espresso.....

Wishing all a great evening.
  • arniedog74
    Sara- I've thought of Herbal tea...never tried any...

We had 60 deg weather, yesterday...70 day before...35 hail and snow, today! Back to 65 Fri...crazy!

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Wednesday

Weight same as yesterday, still down from last Friday/Saturday. Not sure if it will stick.

Spent 6 hours at the theatre ushering 1400 elementary students in and out of two performances. It was fun and I'm happy to say my back and leg held up okay. Thought I had my diet under control...but got all off schedule and ended up being sucked into DH's frozen pizza tonight. Grrr. Back to normal schedule tomorrow. At least it was more steps than usual.

Stressful time with DS in college last night. So much drama with him. I predict we will see him change schools next year, which is perfectly fine with us. I'm actually hoping he maybe moves home and attends the local technical college. He just doesn't have any direction and says nothing makes him happy. Recent breakup with girlfriend is not helping, although he knows the breakup is a good thing. Trying not to let the emotions sabotage me. Tummy has been pretty upset due to the stress.

Time to put my feet up and relax. Temps below zero again tomorrow and then it will warm up into the 30s and 40s again.

G'night!

Annie
  • arniedog74
    Annie - sounds like a very fulfilling day... glad you made it thru the day... don't beat yourself up about the pizza... tomorrow's a new day
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Dog got me up really early, saw the clock set the alarm and went back to bed.

Annie - what is this with DH and his frozen pizza??? Have a piece of fruit/salad with that. Pizza every day?? Not so good, Pizza once/twice a week is manageable if you add fruit/veg with meal. Like Dawn said dont beat yourself up.

Oatmeal is on stove. Dog is at my feet. Party after work under Lana's Tree.

Wave to all who follow
  • ASalner
    Thursday

PT session was good. Therapist says she is seeing measurable improvement and noted that the changes I am noticing with the pain residing elsewhere and more tightness in my low back are indicators of improvement. :) Still have work to do though!

Scale was not good. Back to where it was last Friday. :( Aiming for a good day and will see what tomorrow brings.

Sara - DH does not eat pizza every day. :) He does like to have it once per week (maybe twice). It was thin crust, at least.

Missy - DS is a freshman and hasn't chosen a major. I see a lot of anxiety with him worrying about the future, how to decide, etc. He is seeing a school psychologist but I don't think he's been putting much effort into his own sessions. It sounds like he just wants someone to tell him what to do. He sees this as depression and seems to want to let it define him. I don't think he's really acknowledging the anxiety piece. I do agree that moving on to college is stressful and breakups are hard. So, not minimizing any of it. Just wish I could help him more!

Roast in the crock pot for supper. Will have steamed broccoli as the side. Looking forward to it!

Warmer weather on the horizon for the weekend. Thinking maybe I can get out for a walk with the dog? Take it slow.

Lunch at my dad & stepmom's today. I believe we are having turkey sandwiches on sandwich thins. :)

Annie
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Ladies~~

Snowing in NYC. I don't have boots! I left them in the theater--wasn't thinking snow when I left in August.

Annie - Sending good vibes to you and your family, especially DS.

Missy and Dawn - Tomorrow is going to be SO COLD! Get me through these next couple of days! At least we aren't having hail in the City!

Sara - I loaded that webpage and will read later on....sounds like a good idea--cooking only once-ish?

Tomorrow is implant surgery. I may not stop by. I will miss the special Cabana Boys Happy Hour with Zero Point Cocktails and Snacks~~ If I am not here Saturday either that means I'm sleeping a lot.

Lana

Today's weight: 234.2
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185 or 175?
  • LanaCabana537

Sara!

The donut card arrived! See how long it takes to get some mail here in this backwards little town?

Donuts: Definitely a trouble making food! *sigh*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Good news I have an apt Tuesday and did not have to call 911 - bad news my IUD came out all by itself - luckily I thought it was odd (that TOM anyway) and sure enough in the bottom of the toilet - it is in a ziploc bag to take to Tuesday apt so they can make sure all the parts are attached. Scared the snot out of me and I still dont feel real safe about this but my symptoms do not qualify for an "emergency" so I wait until Tuesday. Seems it is not uncommon for them to come out???

Wanted a stiff drink so bad. Being sober for so long reminded me it was not worth it.

Sent work/company idea to Manager to "preview" for submission to COO.

Lana - will think of you tomorrow/ Saturday.

Will find ways to comfort myself tonight.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • arniedog74
    Lana- warm feelings sent to you! Lying in the hammock, yummy drinks and tasty looking Cabana Boys to stare at... good vibes coming your way!
  • LanaCabana537

Thanks Dawn~~

Sara - sending good vibes out to you. I don't know what to say about what happened with your IUD. No experience with them. Good that you have an appointment lined up.

Also hope that your idea is well-received at your work.
    We have a saying in my business: They don't pay me for good ideas; they pay me to make bad ideas work. Luckily you are in a field it seems where good ideas are encouraged and welcomed. That is cool.

Back to watching Netflix. I'm streaming that series about the O J Simpson criminal trial. I missed a lot of that story back when it was happening.

Sweet dreams~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Lana - many good ideas get taken by others and they get credit. We make many bad ideas work, so I am thinking if I dont try, then the answer is no. Enjoy your netflix. My dvd from Netflix would involve me paying too much attention tonight and I have mush for brains - so Jane Austen it is!! Are you hooked up to binge watch Fri/Sat?

One more outing with dog and then dvd/lights out.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Nice quiet evening which I am grateful for. Will plod along today - still have chance of some rain. Sun on schedule for weekend at least.

Will try and make good food choice at Cafe today. Their special sounds good, but I need to think long term and probably another salad. How dull, but there it is.

Will lurk from work. TGIF!!
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning! TGIF!

Sara - It's good that you stick with the salad! Think positively: If you have those salads at work often, then you don't need to stock all of those veggies at home.

When I buy greens, if it's a big container, they can go bad before I use all of them, even with putting paper toweling in the container to absorb excess moisture...
    Also, those main meals at the Cafe likely have too much salt in them. :wink:

Time to get dressed and head out for the big adventure.

Waves to all who follow~~

Lana
  • ASalner
    Friday!!!

Lana - Good luck today!

Sara - Congrats on thinking about your options!

Happy to say the scale is down 1 lb. from last Friday! (still haven't decided if Friday or Saturday will be "official" WI day.) Now, how come all I want to do is eat a donut??? I have packed good snacks today and the supper plan is good, if we stick with it. Not excited about spaghetti squash instead of noodles, though.

Looking forward to a pretty quiet weekend. We have a few things to do tomorrow morning but the rest of the time will likely just be spent puttering around the house. Lots of housework to be done.

Neighbor was sent back to the hospital yesterday, so we are caring for her dog again. We wanted to just take it in to the vet to be updated on vaccinations and grooming so we could just bring it to our house, but vet won't do anything without neighbor's consent. Grrr. Sounds like her sons are seriously considering bringing her back out to California to live with or near them.

I'd better get some work done. Will lurk from work.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Good evening,

Frozen Lasagna in toaster oven.

Dog and I got muddy this morning with the huge rain we got yesterday - so tonight I am giving her a sponge bath on her legs and chest/tummy. - Thought of Lana and one the new CBoys is one his way to give you one.

OT at work and dental $$ is making me say yes to work on Saturdays - hours and # of hours to be determined.

Annie - Your neighbor's sons will probably work with you to get consent to keep dog. Moving Mother is one thing but the dog is probably too much for them to handle. You get extra Karma points for taking care of the dog.

Got a cookbook from coworker - school fundraiser, will pass along any good recipes.

Will stop by before lights out. Wishing all a great dinner/evening.