Weight gain and exercise ?

Options
I started my weight gain at 109lb I'm now 123 I know it's time to work out but I haven't hit my goal of 135 and I'm scared if I work out I will loose the weight I have gained what do I do?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ummm so you have not been following a structured lifting program while gaining weight?

Are you gaining weight for medical reason, recovery from ED, etc...?
  • swhitfield82
    swhitfield82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No I have just been eating and I stopped smoking over 1 1/2 ago...and no not for medical reasons I was just tired of being to skinny
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    No I have just been eating and I stopped smoking over 1 1/2 ago...and no not for medical reasons I was just tired of being to skinny

I would suggest adding in a structured lifting program like strong lifts, all pro beginner,etc, so that your gains in weight will not be 100% fat. Just keep eating in a surplus of calories, and your weight gain will not stop...

This
  • swhitfield82
    Options
    Ok thank you! :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you need suggestions on a routine, this link has a lot of good suggestions. I would recommend pretty much any 3 day full body routine.
  • swhitfield82
    Options
    Awesome thanks so much! I will check it out ;)
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    80% of weight gain/loss is due to diet. Starting to exercise will not inhibit your weight gain. If anything, it will improve it (gain muscle instead of all fat, hunger will increase after working out, etc.) Lift consistently and you will thank yourself.
  • Wiz_06
    Wiz_06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started out at 133. In 6 weeks I'm at at 140 and I workout 2-3 times per week. It's possible.